X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shaka
    replied
    Originally posted by markwalde View Post
    I created a playlist with my favorite MC Dance Remixes, for anyone insterested!

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/1A...T6G7Zo0DGbAN9g
    Thanks for sharing!

I live for Mariah's Dance Remixes - the re-sung ones!

My favorites:

Heartbreaker/If You Should Ever Be Lonely
    Can't Take That Away (Morales Revival Triumphant Mix)
    Fly Away (Butterfly Reprise) (Fly Away Club Mix)
    Anytime You Need a Friend (C&C Club Version)
    Say Somethin' (David Morales Stereo Anthem Mix)
    It's Like That (David Morales Club Remix)
    I Still Believe (The Eve of Souls Mix) / I Still Believe (Morales Classic Club Mix)
    Triumphant Pulse/Vintage

There's others I love but I think they are not "dance" exactly, more like hip-hop/R&B remixes.

We Belong Together ft. Jadakiss Remix
    Don't Forget About Us (Desert Storm remix)
    My All/Stay Awhile (So So Def Remix Featuring Lord Tariq & Peter Gunz)
    Thank God I Found You (Make It Last Remix) ft. Joe, Nas

I hope we're getting a Glitter Era EP some time this year.
    I love the Loverboy David Morales Club Of Love Remix, it doesn't get much love.

P.S. I'm sure the #B remix (unreleased) is BOMB AF. I want it.

Leave a comment:

• Tomer_MC
    replied
    Over the years I see a lot of hate for Last Kiss but I don't get it at all. always loved the song.
    Cool on You should have made the cut. it's one of the best newly discovered songs, I love it.

Leave a comment:

• wolfeagle
    replied
    Originally posted by skylynx View Post

Defying Gravity Edition (Deluxe)

13) Heat
    14) Last Kiss
    15) I Wish You Well
    16) Touch My Body - Seamus Haji & Paul Emmanuel Radio Mix

Love this cover and the name so much! If only it was official.

I must say the official Caution artwork has aged pretty well.

Leave a comment:

• rashmimimi
    replied
    What's the betting that rarities 2 will come sooner than people thought.
    also chick?

Leave a comment:

• naughtynae
    replied
    Originally posted by markwalde View Post

Oooh thank you! I’ve been wanting to do this but she just has so many

I have done an ‘urban Mariah playlist’ if you guys want to follow.

Leave a comment:

• Rascali
    replied
    Originally posted by RayRay View Post

There were also no EP's for:

Hero
    So much potential to do something special with rare and high definition audio performances squandered I tell you.... well maybe there's still a chance for some of this stuff.

Leave a comment:

• RayRay
    replied
    Originally posted by MeGreat View Post

But it's striking that it's the only official single that didn't get an EP as part of MC30 - as far as I've noticed at least.
    There were also no EP's for:

Vision Of Love
    Love Takes Time
    I Don't Wanna Cry
    Can't Let Go
    I'll Be There
    Hero
    Without You
    Open Arms
    Forever
    When You Believe
    Crybaby
    Get Your Number

I would have loved to have the Radio Edits of Can't Let Go and Crybaby on Spotify.

Leave a comment:

• bm08
    replied
    ICYMI: MOD NOTE:

On Monday, 8th February 2021, the Mariah Carey artist thread (ie. this topic) will transition to a new topic.

We had mentioned this transition briefly over the Christmas season, but now that Mariah activity is not at one of its peaks, this transition will take place.

There are many reasons for this and chief among them is that this topic is extremely large with over 10M views and 210K replies. This means that every time there is an update to this topic, it taxes the server, leading to other issues. For example, moderation actions take much longer than usual to resolve and any one action can slow the topic.

As many of you likely have this topic directly bookmark, on tomorrow (Sunday) I will open the new topic, posting the link in this thread so that you may update your bookmarks. On the last post of this thread, we will also post the direct link to the new topic.

Once the new topic is open on Monday, this thread will lock as an archive.

We hope you understand the reasoning behind why this is a necessary step. Thanks for your patience!

Leave a comment:

• markwalde
    replied

Last edited by markwalde; Sat February 6, 2021, 17:34.

Leave a comment:

• markwalde
    replied
    Originally posted by PJDoubleu View Post

*moan ahead - skip if you dont wanna hear it*

As grateful as I am for MC30, as with the majority of Mariah projects post 2008 (I think Christmas is the only exception, n even thats iffy in moments), Mariah seems to have lost interest in doing this properly, and MC30 2021 is now being executed without the care it was initially given.

The CB set had all the dates mixed up, listing them as 2021 singles and Boy as her “new release”. They had to go back n change the dates after fans notified them.
    I actually thought the CB mess-up helped. Charmbracelet saw a big stream increase that weekend. And the songs showed up on personalized new releases playlists. My husband, who is not a Mariah fan at all, got “The one” suggested and added the remix to his regular playlist.

I was hoping they would keep adding them as new singles and then fix it a week later.

Leave a comment:

• Shaka
    replied
    Mariah has an amazing facial bone structure. Her jawline is strong yet feminine at the same time.

When she's slim (like 2013 or 2018-slim) her jaw pops out and it's stunning.

Leave a comment:

• InfoFromAus
    replied
    That's a great photo of Mariah on the scooter.

She had/has a very strong jawline, which I always liked about her look.
    It reminds me of Sigourney Weaver - a very strong striking look from certain angles.
    Last edited by InfoFromAus; Sat February 6, 2021, 13:08.

Leave a comment:

• Shaka
    replied
    Mariah was very active on Twitter last night.
    She interacted with lambs and lot of talk about the cookies also vinyls, favorite songs, etc.

*The “I'm That Chick” EP doesn't have enough songs to be eligible for charting on the iTunes Worldwide Albums Chart.

Leave a comment:

• Shaka
    replied
    Probably my favorite live VOL performance:

Vision of Love live at Sydney

along with SNL '90, GMA '90, Rotterdam '96, CB Tour Costa Mesa, Zurich & Paris.

Leave a comment:

• Shaka
    replied
    Originally posted by sYair View Post
    Cool on You is a nice lil bop and I'm happy we got it on The Rarities but I'm not sure if I would replace any E=MC2 song with it. Of the songs you mentioned, I think all of them (except for maybe Last Kiss) are better than COY.

Also, that pic of Mimi on the pool is pure FIYAH. It looks 1999/2000 right? I hope she and Luis had a threesome with the guy in the middle.
    Cool On You is a massive BOP. I can't believe it didn't make the cut.
    I would have put it over Love Story or Last Kiss.

And that pic is from 2005 (Glamour Magazine by Robert Erdmann).

It's from this shoot:

Leave a comment:

• Shaka
    replied
    Originally posted by SawyerHewitt View Post
    I don't really know what to expect from that WBT performance.
    I wasn't a fan of her tone last year and her home performances weren't IT for me.

Still looking forward to it just because GOAT is my fave song ever.
    I hope it's actually "special", as it was announced.
    With some kind of Valentine's themed stage.
    I'd love if it's an acoustic version.

Anyway, I'm excited. We will have a new climax

I doubt that's the reason. I mean in 2019 she released a new AIWFCIY video full of footage of her and Motoilet after all.
    #queenofforgiveness

Heck, maybe she also hates that song because it was released instead of Migrate
    We all know this is the actual reason

​​​​​​​

Leave a comment:

• Shaka
    replied
    Originally posted by bm08 View Post
    On the last post of this thread, we will also post the direct link to the new topic. As a reminder, I will mention this a couple other times over the weekend so that everyone can prepare for the move.

Once the new topic is open on Monday, this thread will lock as an archive.
    Great!
    So we will have two Mariah's virtual libraries!

Originally posted by SawyerHewitt View Post
    Girl nooooo.
    Closing the most successful topic ever yet again.
    But we still have them as back-up archives anyway bae!
    I don't see the problem, everything will be the same and even locked, we still have access to the other ones for finding/checking stuff.

Leave a comment:

• Shaka
    replied
    Originally posted by bm08 View Post
    And tbh, it's fine doing things only for her fans.
    Yep, 100% agree, she's known for doing that, lots of her projects (the most recent ones) are oriented to her hardcore fanbase and I feel those things to be really special.

Originally posted by InFamous View Post
    Yes he has an amazing voice and is a great singer. I think a duet with Mariah and Bruno would be amazing.
    I'd love that.

Well they are MARIAH cookies so they need to break streaming records and have a million comebacks.
    bish!
    ​​​​​​​

Leave a comment:

• Shaka
    replied
    Originally posted by InFamous View Post
    If you want us to disagree just mention Mi(not)great
    Yeah, we're not agreeing on that one at all

Leave a comment:

• Shaka
    replied
    Originally posted by taustin13 View Post
    Actually. I doubt it. Get over Jigsaw already. Mariah is promoting Mariah. There is nothing low budget or less unique about promoting cookies as a brand. Its actually very unique and very delicious. I love the red velvet one. Yummy.

Many business's across the United States are selling these cookies in their stores. This brand is picking up quickly.

Also, do you ever have anything nice to say. You're always nitpicking at things.
    LMAO, Stella has nothing to do with any Mariah project anymore.

And this is a b-side project and I don't find it cheap or tacky.

They're selling well btw LOL.

This is obviously something for the lambs tho.

Leave a comment:

• carey18ph
    replied
    Now i miss Jack.

Leave a comment:

• XanderIsMe05
    replied

Cool on You is a nice lil bop and I'm happy we got it on The Rarities but I'm not sure if I would replace any E=MC2 song with it. Of the songs you mentioned, I think all of them (except for maybe Last Kiss) are better than COY.

Also, that pic of Mimi on the pool is pure FIYAH. It looks 1999/2000 right? I hope she and Luis had a threesome with the guy in the middle.
    It's from the 2005 Glamour shoot. Here's a few more pics from it:

Leave a comment:

• Sebastian
    replied
    Originally posted by skylynx View Post
    COOL on YOU

The song that should've been on E=MC2.

I would rather have this song than OOC, Last Kiss, Thanks 4 Nothin or Cruise Control.

Leave a comment:

• Sebastian
    replied
    Originally posted by MeGreat View Post
    I myself would also be uncomfortable providing a platform for intimacies with my ex-love, years after the relationship.
    If that were a problem to her she wouldn't have talked about her story with Derek Jetter on the memoir, even with an intimate picture of both. I mean, sure, it's not the same to talk about something on a book than a music video, but I still feel like that can't be the reason she's not including Bye Bye as part of MC30.

Heck, maybe she also hates that song because it was released instead of Migrate

Leave a comment:

• skylynx
    replied
    The original standard edition could use with an edit....I present my General Relativity Edition and Defying Gravity Editions.

E=MC2 - General Relativity Edition:

1) Migrate
    2) Touch My Body
    3) I'm That Chick
    4) Cruise Control
    5) I Stay In Love
    6) 4 Real 4 Real
    7) Love Story
    8) I'll Be Loving You long Time
    9) Side Effects
    10) Cool On You
    11) For The Record
    12) Bye Bye

------------------------------------------

Defying Gravity Edition (Deluxe)

13) Heat
    14) Last Kiss
    15) I Wish You Well
    16) Touch My Body - Seamus Haji & Paul Emmanuel Radio Mix

Last edited by skylynx; Sat February 6, 2021, 00:59.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X