X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hoodriah
    Originally posted by ferrero
    JD wishes MC Happy Anniversary on twitter..i thought its interesting hr used Sweetheart outta so many songs they collaborated
    I love Sweetheart..but only this version of the song

[youtube:20zk5gqf]dY56YURkfRs[/youtube:20zk5gqf]
    I’ve had just about enough of you calling yourself “hoodriah” but wanting her to remove all the raps from her songs :evil:
    funny how one can learn
    to grow numb to the madness
    and block it away

Comment

• Originally posted by BeltingBeliever
      Outside is, according to me, the best studio vocal performance by a female artist. No?

Or at least top 5. I mean, in the history of modern music, say 100 years?, top 5 means a big big big deal.

That vocal is just, WOW!
      O Holy Night, and Subtle Invitation are also contenders. What do you guys think?
      The vocals on Outside are insane! Definitely my favourite Mariah song.
      [center:3sruagy8]Mariah Carey[/center:3sruagy8]

[center:3sruagy8]?? CAUTION??[/center:3sruagy8]

[center:3sruagy8]16.24.18[/center:3sruagy8]

Comment

• Re: Mariah Carey

The best studio performance ever is How Can I Ease the Pain by Lisa Fischer. Get familiar with it.

Mariah's studio best imo is I Don't Wanna Cry
        Floped and localed

Comment

• Originally posted by TheRealest
          That wig was laid and took years off of her... KEEP IT.

Comment

• Oh yeah. Along with Sunflowers for A. R., her second most underrated song.

I'm totally here for these sincere vocal deliveries even with its flaws. This song transports me to another place. The whistle is just magical. The placement is so tasteful. Love, love, love this track.

Originally posted by onesup
            I'm here to stan for Twister for a second. A beautiful song. That high note is so so so haunting. Such gut wrenching sadness- lyrically, musically, melodically.

[youtube:zao0hffd]vJXuwuoT3c8[/youtube:zao0hffd]

Comment

• [youtube:3fudgv29]OUrPwK517mM[/youtube:3fudgv29]

Comment

• Originally posted by BeltingBeliever
                Outside is, according to me, the best studio vocal performance by a female artist. No?

Or at least top 5. I mean, in the history of modern music, say 100 years?, top 5 means a big big big deal.

That vocal is just, WOW!
                O Holy Night, and Subtle Invitation are also contenders. What do you guys think?
                Her best studio vocal performances (Top 3):

Anytime You Need a Friend [C&C Club Mix]
                O Holy Night
                Jesus Oh What a Wonderful Child

IMO no one in pop music has a better vocal studio performance than those 3 above.

Comment

• Originally posted by LambChild
                  I’ve had just about enough of you calling yourself “hoodriah” but wanting her to remove all the raps from her songs :evil:

Comment

• [quote="Shaka"]Oh yeah. Along with Sunflowers for A. R., her second most underrated song.

I'm totally here for these sincere vocal deliveries even with its flaws. This song transports me to another place. The whistle is just magical. The placement is so tasteful. Love, love, love this track.

[quote="onesup"]I'm here to stan for Twister for a second. A beautiful song. That high note is so so so haunting. Such gut wrenching sadness- lyrically, musically, melodically.

This song really is about Tonjua Twist?

Comment

• Originally posted by Gravity
                      Mariah's studio best imo is I Don't Wanna Cry
                      Actually the live performances of the song during Daydream Tour are superior to the studio one IMO - especially Paris & Rotterdam, and also the rendition @ Tokyo Dome even if it was a lil dubbed.

Comment

• I just can't seem to look at Mariah and Bryan as a couple. Maybe it's because of the insane and ridiculous atmosphere that was surrounding MC when their relationship started. I have nothing against Bryan, if anything he seems to be much more mature than Nickelodeon. Idk, I just don't glue them together as "a" couple. Am I alone on this?

Comment

• Originally posted by Brunoxy
                          Yep.

Here's a (terrible) article from 2001.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/2001/08/30 ... -help.html

One song, "Twister," will prove an ironic message that fans, critics and armchair psychiatrists should be analyzing all fall.

The song was purportedly written as a touching tribute to Tonjua Twist, Carey's stylist who committed suicide. But in light of recent events, like the singer's nervous breakdown and hospitalization, the lyrics have a poignant new meaning.
                          The rest of the Glitter album is much less inspired, sort of insipid, and not very exciting. As previously noted, four of the songs are remakes or largely sampled from other material. The the original songs are weakly disco-ish and warbly, making Carey sound like she's yodeling. As usual, her considerable vocal talents are wasted when they could be dramatic.

On one number, "Reflections," the pianist in the background is doing a scary imitation of Elton John, circa "Tumbleweed Connection." Carey, who has had innumerable problems with plagiarism charges in the past, doesn't need trouble from Elton now that he's so out of pocket, too.

Comment

• Originally posted by LambChild
                            Originally posted by Hoodriah
                            Originally posted by ferrero
                            JD wishes MC Happy Anniversary on twitter..i thought its interesting hr used Sweetheart outta so many songs they collaborated
                            I love Sweetheart..but only this version of the song

[youtube:iuynkir3]dY56YURkfRs[/youtube:iuynkir3]
                            I want her to rap lmao. Be honest, JD's rap parts are unnecessary asf. No one would miss him on Get Your Number, Shake it off or Its like that
                            Somebody's doing the wrong note.

Comment

• Mariah and Bryan had a spa day at Terranea Resort in Rancho Palos Verdes yesterday <3

Bryan posted some videos on his IG story:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bg6SwCCgs_- ... ariahcarey

Comment

• This article from HITS, in my opinion, could reflect some of the discourse that Mariah, her team and label are having. It also captures what I was thinking for a long time as to why Mariah's focus (during the Stella era and otherwise) wasn't necessarily on recording new music via the traditional album, no matter what she tries to say now. Mariah, a businesswoman who follows the music business closely, has been saying for a long time how labels are becoming less important. This article could support that thinking.

RE-UP, UP AND AWAY

http://hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=311096

One superstar act’s deal is nearly up, and said act is looking for a new one. The circumstances surrounding this artist’s situation highlight, in many respects, the changing contours of the biz.

On one hand, established, superstar acts often struggle to gain traction in the now-dominant streaming economy, where about 70% of the acts on the Top 50 streaming chart are hip-hop and the average artist’s age is just under 25.

On the other hand, artists who formerly depended on labels as their gateway to fans can now reach those fans on their own and maintain their brands via social media and other platforms. Which means they are no longer as dependent on radio for that point of contact, and don’t always feel as driven to have hits—not that they wouldn’t like to, of course. But between their tour business, sponsorships and other opportunities, recorded music simply isn’t as vital as it once was. Message—sociopolitical or otherwise—is often more vital to such artists than chart position, and they now have their own channels to deliver that message.

All of which has labels reassessing the return on investment for many big superstar deals. With sales bottoming out and streaming still modest for most mature acts, how likely are rights holders to make back the big money they pony up to keep stars in their stables? The incumbent label, which almost always has the act's catalog, will typically make the best offer.

The aforementioned act seeking a new deal, armed with a hit, would still be very dangerous. But given the reduced importance of record sales—and the big stars’ bounteous revenue from outside the label system—are such artists still motivated to create those hits, and are they willing to work with label A&R in order to optimize their commercial viability?

Plenty of other established acts’ deals will be up in the next couple of years. Assuming the streaming economy doesn’t radically expand in terms of which acts dominate, any artist hoping to cash in by changing labels will be facing the same question—but also considering an array of new opportunities.

New artist deals are at a record-high because the streaming boom is so new-artist driven. At the same time, the landscape for all substantive signings remains fertile. A profitable, newly aggressive WMG, with Recorded Music Head Max Lousada leading the charge, has been making all manner of ballsy moves—which has certainly aroused the attention of UMG and Sony.
                                See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                                See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka
                                  Mariah and Bryan had a spa day at Terranea Resort in Rancho Palos Verdes yesterday <3

Her aura is calmer and more relaxed. She lot more affectionate with him around the kids. She try hide her relationship with James from them. It’s laughable that some fans think they’re not having sex.

Comment

• I love the breakdowns from Rainbow Tour. Those are my faves.

I really like the one from the ATH tour, she killed it.

[youtube:2pfszb4m]4yl92qASLQg[/youtube:2pfszb4m]

Comment

• j
                                      Originally posted by Shaka
                                      Originally posted by Brunoxy
                                      Yep.

Here's a (terrible) article from 2001.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/2001/08/30 ... -help.html

One song, "Twister," will prove an ironic message that fans, critics and armchair psychiatrists should be analyzing all fall.

The song was purportedly written as a touching tribute to Tonjua Twist, Carey's stylist who committed suicide. But in light of recent events, like the singer's nervous breakdown and hospitalization, the lyrics have a poignant new meaning.
                                      [quote:1ig9vcj9]The rest of the Glitter album is much less inspired, sort of insipid, and not very exciting. As previously noted, four of the songs are remakes or largely sampled from other material. The the original songs are weakly disco-ish and warbly, making Carey sound like she's yodeling. As usual, her considerable vocal talents are wasted when they could be dramatic.

On one number, "Reflections," the pianist in the background is doing a scary imitation of Elton John, circa "Tumbleweed Connection." Carey, who has had innumerable problems with plagiarism charges in the past, doesn't need trouble from Elton now that he's so out of pocket, too.
                                      [/quote:1ig9vcj9]

That second review is horrendous and so mistaken. How did so many sleep on the album so much? Not only were her original tracks great, the covers were still very mariah while respecting the originals. I can see how someone might feel unsatisfied since its really more of a soundtrack than strictly a mariah album with all her writing and original songs. That aside, it seems people were dismissing her just cuz. I'm sure a lot were waiting to see her fail anyway. People are awful for thinking they could will raw talent to disappear

Comment

• Originally posted by Itwaswritten
                                        Originally posted by Shaka
                                        Mariah and Bryan had a spa day at Terranea Resort in Rancho Palos Verdes yesterday <3

Her aura is calmer and more relaxed. She lot more affectionate with him around the kids. She try hide her relationship with James from them. It’s laughable that some fans think they’re not having sex.
                                        Bryan's building up her stamina for the tour!

Comment

• Comment

• "she's busy in the studio" #studiochanteuse

[tweet:1r4svkpg]https://twitter.com/MariahCareyAU/status/979387570130956288[/tweet:1r4svkpg]

Comment

• [tweet:tcbtpdj3]https://twitter.com/MariahCarey/status/979420974322987008[/tweet:tcbtpdj3]

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka
                                                "she's busy in the studio" #studiochanteuse

[tweet:2g20zrbo]https://twitter.com/MariahCareyAU/status/979387570130956288[/tweet:2g20zrbo]
                                                Have you asked Mariah to do the remix???
                                                Come on
                                                Toni is throwing hints too
                                                I wish this so badly!
                                                News are that we won’t go to hell for eating meat on easter, and it get’s better, Pope Francis said Hell does no exist! Now i’m waiting for the ultimate good news, a collaboration of these two.
                                                And a release date for single and album soon!
                                                “MARIAH CAREY IS BASICALLY A RAPPER IN A POP DIVA’S BODY”
                                                -Jermaine Dupri

Comment

• Please tell me it's not real. The one with cat

[youtube:18rg25ep]FtLjmzBbHu0[/youtube:18rg25ep]

Comment

• The Weeknd will be dropping a new Album tonight. I highkey had hoped to find Mariah's name on the tracklist..but anyway he's coming to dethrone Drake's mediocre ass
                                                    Somebody's doing the wrong note.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X