Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • It bares reposting...

    Daydream out on vinyl. Shipping in September

    Comment


    • Originally posted by mariahmatherspacker View Post
      Exactly. Slut-shaming has no place in 2019, and Mariah having slept with 5 men wouldn’t make her any more ‘dignified’ than if she had slept with 50 men. Women are allowed to be sexually liberated.
      I mean the Bible condemns that pretty harshly (1 Thessalonians 4: 3-5; Hebrews 13: 4) but ok

      Comment


      • I'm not saying that it's not ok for women to do whatever they want in the bedroom (it is), but Mariah is a Christian and I don't see how she can reconcile her relationships with the scriptures.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by bm08 View Post
          She cropped both men out

          This really highlights how scarily skinny she was in 2008. I remember being happy for her, and thinking she was goals for my pizza-eating, beer-swilling college self, but in hindsight, I just want to feed EinsteinRiah.

          And she was talking about barbecue during her GMA/Today Show performance of TMB, so she was clearly hungry.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Flopofageneration View Post
            I'm not saying that it's not ok for women to do whatever they want in the bedroom (it is), but Mariah is a Christian and I don't see how she can reconcile her relationships with the scriptures.
            Like most of Christian do, doing what they want

            Comment


            • Blood Orange is releasing new music and he talks about Mariah in this interview. He gives all the credit to her

              https://www.vulture.com/2019/07/dev-...e-mixtape.html

              How did you become involved with Mariah Carey on “Giving Me Life”? I thought Caution was one of her better albums.
              I think so, too, personally, as a Mariah stan. Or as a member of the Lambily. That was crazy. So someone reached out from her team asking if I was around in L.A. to work. Through the years, there’d be messages like that about certain stuff that never panned out. Usually what happens is someone’s team asks me if I want to work with whoever, and then I’m super jacked for it, and they’re like, “Cool. We also just signed this artist from London if you want to …”

              Anyway, Mariah’s people hit me up, and it was a crazy thing. I went to the studio, and if I remember correctly, we didn’t even make music for the first three hours. We just listened to music. Her music knowledge is out of control. It’s another planet of music knowledge.

              She’s a singer who doesn’t get enough credit for being an incredible songwriter, and for knowing what she knows about how to make good records. I think a lot of people believe she just gets the material and sings it.
              No, no, no. Everything is written in the room. It was me at a piano and her sitting next to me. We wrote that song. Even the snare sound was her telling me what snare sound she wants. Even the samples! I do a lot of talking sample things in my music, and I think people probably think that was me, but that was her. She knows every word to Coming to America. She literally spoke the samples to me, and when I went and found it, it was verbatim. It’s a somewhat out-there song, and I think people thought the out-there parts were my influence when they weren’t.

              Did you know Slick Rick was going to be on the record, or did you find out later?
              Well, the funny thing is that on the very first day, when we had the beat going, she kept telling me, “This would be amazing with Slick Rick on it.” She said he was her favorite rapper when she was growing up in New York. So when Slick Rick eventually appeared on it, I was like, Oh shit, that was real. She meant that.

              Comment


              • She was not scarily skinny in 2008.... she didn’t have any kids and was still only 38.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Flopofageneration View Post
                  I'm not saying that it's not ok for women to do whatever they want in the bedroom (it is), but Mariah is a Christian and I don't see how she can reconcile her relationships with the scriptures.

                  These words aren't anointed, and they don't represent anything about God.They just represent your disdain for how Mariah lives her life.

                  The Bible says a lot of things, like do not judge others because you'll be judged in same way that you judged them (Matthew 7:1-2) and asks why would someone pay attention to the speck in someone else's eye while ignoring the plank in their own (Matthew 7 3-5). More importantly, Jesus himself said that his grace is sufficient (2 Corinthians 12:9), and that his greatest commandment is to love God with everything you have (Matthew 22: 36-39). I don't think anyone who is vaguely familiar with Mariah doubts her love for God, so, yeah. The dogmatic things that are in the Bible, the construction of which was political and incomplete, is irrelevant and pales in comparison to what Jesus has to say. He actually said his commandments supersede everything else in Matthew 22:40.


                  Faux Christians who make comments like these are the primary reason people are leaving Christianity behind, and do not represent God. Jesus even turned over tables and lost his cool demeanor over this kind of behavior. Ann Rice said that she can't even call herself a Christian anymore because of how other Christians behave. She said that she remains committed to Christ, but don't call her a Christian.

                  Ugh.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by TheRealest View Post
                    She was not scarily skinny in 2008.... she didn’t have any kids and was still only 38.
                    You may not think that, but I do, and I stand by what I said. BTW, Mariah was born in 1969 (her government records confirm this), meaning she turned 39 in 2008.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Flopofageneration View Post
                      I mean the Bible condemns that pretty harshly (1 Thessalonians 4: 3-5; Hebrews 13: 4) but ok
                      The Bible also condemns eating shellfish. Are you saying Mariah is a bad Christian because she enjoys her lobster?

                      Comment


                      • Having faith and being a zealot are two different things, and Mariah is no zealot.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by banksy View Post
                          You may not think that, but I do, and I stand by what I said. BTW, Mariah was born in 1969 (her government records confirm this), meaning she turned 39 in 2008.
                          What Government records? You mean the fake fan/hater made passport with a photo that wouldn’t be acceptable on a US passport.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by delapuerta View Post
                            Blood Orange is releasing new music and he talks about Mariah in this interview. He gives all the credit to her

                            https://www.vulture.com/2019/07/dev-...e-mixtape.html
                            Shes such a Queen!

                            Everyone that works with her consistently talk about how involved she is in everything. Her music genius isnt talked about enough.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Eamon View Post
                              What Government records? You mean the fake fan/hater made passport with a photo that wouldn’t be acceptable on a US passport.
                              There's the fact that some of her early copyrights indicate 1969 as her birth year. You can't lie about your personal information on a government application. Also, there's been at least one instance of a publication citing it as being her correct birth year in her DMV records. DMV records are public record, I think. There's also the fact that she barely graduated from high school in 1987. She would have been 18 that year, meaning she was born in 1969. The only way she could have been 17 at the time and barely graduating is if she'd been a stellar student at some point, and Mariah herself has said that she wasn't.

                              People often point to it not making sense for her to shave a year off of her age, but it's anyone's guess as to why it was done in the beginning, or why she continues to be coy about it.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                                Shes such a Queen!

                                Everyone that works with her consistently talk about how involved she is in everything. Her music genius isnt talked about enough.
                                I think it's important for her to connect with this generation of artists and songwriters that grew up loving and respecting her, and I love that she's been doing just that.

                                For a long time, it was just Beyonce and Kelly giving Mariah her due, but others have joined them.

                                Comment


                                • Originally posted by banksy View Post
                                  These words aren't anointed, and they don't represent anything about God.They just represent your disdain for how Mariah lives her life.

                                  The Bible says a lot of things, like do not judge others because you'll be judged in same way that you judged them (Matthew 7:1-2) and asks why would someone pay attention to the speck in someone else's eye while ignoring the plank in their own (Matthew 7 3-5). More importantly, Jesus himself said that his grace is sufficient (2 Corinthians 12:9), and that his greatest commandment is to love God with everything you have (Matthew 22: 36-39). I don't think anyone who is vaguely familiar with Mariah doubts her love for God, so, yeah. The dogmatic things that are in the Bible, the construction of which was political and incomplete, is irrelevant and pales in comparison to what Jesus has to say. He actually said his commandments supersede everything else in Matthew 22:40.


                                  Faux Christians who make comments like these are the primary reason people are leaving Christianity behind, and do not represent God. Jesus even turned over tables and lost his cool demeanor over this kind of behavior. Ann Rice said that she can't even call herself a Christian anymore because of how other Christians behave. She said that she remains committed to Christ, but don't call her a Christian.

                                  Ugh.
                                  I DON'T hate the way Mariah lives her life. I personally think she's perfectly fine doing whatever she wants, and I don't doubt that she loves god, I was just curious as to how Mariah does in fact express her faith in the Lord considering her knowledge of scripture (I Wish You Well is a fine example).

                                  Comment


                                  • Mariah was born in 1970.
                                    My Instagram... - Click here

                                    Comment


                                    • Who cares...
                                      Time is something she does not acknowledge herself.
                                      Just a DEVIANT, PERTURBED, DERANGED, MACABRE, MANIAC, LUNATIC, IRRATIONAL PSYCHO-TO-BE.

                                      Comment


                                      • Originally posted by SawyerHewitt View Post
                                        Who cares...
                                        Time is something she does not acknowledge herself.
                                        We stan a kween who transcends the space time continuum!

                                        Comment


                                        • Originally posted by RayRay View Post
                                          Mariah was born in 1970.

                                          Period

                                          Comment


                                          • Forbes just released their 2019 highest earning celebrities list.
                                            Looks like Mariah’s team didn’t submit any numbers to Forbes.

                                            Celine is at $37mil
                                            Lady Gaga is at $39mil
                                            JLo is at $41mil
                                            Ariana is at $48mil

                                            Wonder where Mariah would fall on the list since 2019 was a busy tour/residency year for her standards.

                                            Comment


                                            • So she’s never had her lips done, I didn’t think she had.
                                              Stay Cover
                                              https://www.smule.com/p/598338570_3377624051
                                              GTFO cover
                                              https://www.smule.com/p/598338570_2519567008

                                              Comment


                                              • Originally posted by jeejust View Post
                                                Forbes just released their 2019 highest earning celebrities list.
                                                Looks like Mariah’s team didn’t submit any numbers to Forbes.

                                                Celine is at $37mil
                                                Lady Gaga is at $39mil
                                                JLo is at $41mil
                                                Ariana is at $48mil

                                                Wonder where Mariah would fall on the list since 2019 was a busy tour/residency year for her standards.
                                                I think last year (or the year before?) they reported she was in double figures. So I think its similar.

                                                Comment


                                                • The Mariah mention by Blood Orange is so great. Shame that isn’t what non fan people gravitate towards where Mariah is concerned, immediately negative with no interest in her musicality.
                                                  Stay Cover
                                                  https://www.smule.com/p/598338570_3377624051
                                                  GTFO cover
                                                  https://www.smule.com/p/598338570_2519567008

                                                  Comment


                                                  • Originally posted by Flopofageneration View Post
                                                    I mean the Bible condemns that pretty harshly (1 Thessalonians 4: 3-5; Hebrews 13: 4) but ok
                                                    The Bible condemns many things and advocates plenty of others which many people - Christians included - find offensive, or problematic.

                                                    Originally posted by Flopofageneration View Post
                                                    I'm not saying that it's not ok for women to do whatever they want in the bedroom (it is), but Mariah is a Christian and I don't see how she can reconcile her relationships with the scriptures.
                                                    With respect, it's not your business to reconcile Mariah Carey's romantic relationships with God. It's her business, right?

                                                    Also, I enjoy reading religious texts from time to time and I believe in God, which is why I tend to take my directions from Him, and not some problematic PR team from thousands of years ago.
                                                    Baaaaad relationship??
                                                    The lyric video for my new single TRIP THE ALARM here!

                                                    ♬ Keen addictions, between afflictions, I guess I had it coming...

                                                    Comment


                                                    • Also, shout outs to Lil Nas X... if he does manage to overtake "One Sweet Day", nobody is going to be happier than MC that a person of colour and LGBTQ member was the one to do it. Swear, down.
                                                      Baaaaad relationship??
                                                      The lyric video for my new single TRIP THE ALARM here!

                                                      ♬ Keen addictions, between afflictions, I guess I had it coming...

                                                      Comment


                                                      • Originally posted by jeejust View Post
                                                        Forbes just released their 2019 highest earning celebrities list.
                                                        Looks like Mariah’s team didn’t submit any numbers to Forbes.

                                                        Celine is at $37mil
                                                        Lady Gaga is at $39mil
                                                        JLo is at $41mil
                                                        Ariana is at $48mil

                                                        Wonder where Mariah would fall on the list since 2019 was a busy tour/residency year for her standards.
                                                        A year-end Forbes article in 2018 said that she was earning in the 8 figures.

                                                        (https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.f...t-beyonce/amp/).

                                                        She’s been listed before Ariana Grande and after Selena Gomez, Madonna, Halsey and Janet Jackson. If we take this to be in order, that puts her in place as 2018’s 12th highest earning woman in the music industry.


                                                        In terms of 2019, lets do a rough breakdown.

                                                        The Caution World Tour (I estimate) has grossed in the region of $15-16m, which is actually decent for what has predominantly been a theatre tour. She grossed around $2.5m from The Butterfly Returns and did that show at Saudia Arabia, which ended up drawing a crowd of around 40,000 (and easily would’ve grossed between $3-4m). She has the Christmas shows at Vegas to look forward to (which grossed around $2.5m in 2017) and if the alleged Madison Square Garden show takes place, that would easily add an overall score of $4m to her touring gross. Her hypothetical estimated touring gross would stand at around $26m (and would net her around $6.5m in earnings based on a standard 25% artist cut).

                                                        Oddly enough the touring in 2018 seems to have generated a similar amount to the touring in 2019 (she earned around $4.5m from the 2018 shows for The Butterfly Returns, around $10m for The Asian Tour based on the size of the venues, and around $8m from the Xmas shows - putting her overall gross to $22.5m). Make of that what you will.

                                                        In terms of her private performances, it’s been stated in the past that she charges around $250,000 for a song. Her performances at Nikki Beach at New Years, Chopard Party and the amFar Gala probably ended up netting her around $3.5-4m.

                                                        Lets not forget the fee she earned for licensing Always be My Baby for the movie Always Be My Maybe - which someone here (as well as someone on the Mariah Report, who cited a source) estimated had netted Mariah around $0.5m. Additional Sales/ streams from her back catalogue (particularly All I Want For Christmas Is You) probably generate $1.5m in earnings for Mimi.

                                                        With all this mind, I’d say that Mariah has/ will earn around $12m in 2019. It’s interesting how this figure hasn’t been padded out by any endorsement deals - this figure can be traced back to purely musical/ music related endeavours such as touring.

                                                        (I strongly believe that Mariah would benefit, income wise, from some tactical/ relevant endorsement deals + a venture such as a judging The Voice, but let’s be real here she’s earning more in one year than the vast majority of ppl earn in a lifetime).

                                                        Comment


                                                        • I love my new avi. That’s All.
                                                          fan base only & one 4 Mariah Carey is on Everything about Mariah Carey Infos
                                                          http://mariahcareyinfos.forumactif.com/forum

                                                          Comment


                                                          • I think she’s 100% had fillers in her top lip. It’s tasteful though and looks nice on her. It’s definitely thicker than it was. I don’t think she’s had any surgery on them.
                                                            To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

                                                            Comment


                                                            • We stan facts, yes?



                                                              Comment

                                                              Working...
                                                              X