No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• She was kind of fragile and she had a lot to grapple with but basically she kept it all inside ...

Comment

• Caution has re-entered the R&B Album Sales Chart at #16 and has been charting there for 36 weeks. It has spent 5 weeks at #1 on that chart. Is there any update on it’s pure sales figure in the U.S. as of now?

Comment

• Originally posted by mariahmatherspacker View Post
        Pop molly and blast Butterfly reprise - now that is a fkn trip
        Haha bring out the old meth pipe and blaze it up listening to El Amor Que Sońé... you will experience the no-mans land between an omnipotent ego and the annialation of self, with a sprinkling of psycopathy.

I josh.

However weed and Mariah's music do work very well together and agreed if i remember rightly, she does mix well with some MDMA, versatile queen ;-)

Comment

• Originally posted by mimicarey View Post
          Caution has re-entered the R&B Album Sales Chart at #16 and has been charting there for 36 weeks. It has spent 5 weeks at #1 on that chart. Is there any update on it’s pure sales figure in the U.S. as of now?
          if the streaming wasn't so strong nowadays, caution would've been a hit. the pure sales are not bad comparing to the other albums. ariana never had a 1 million album sold in the US still people consider her huge

Comment

• Originally posted by MrDash View Post
            “I look like George Washington on this album cover” took me out!

How have I never seen that?! This brought me so much joy, and I love her so much

It is hot as hell here today and I’m playing “Sent From Up Above” and getting my life, I’d cut off my arm for a So So Def remix or a live performance of the full song
            #CAUTION

Comment

• Originally posted by MrDash View Post
              “I look like George Washington on this album cover” took me out!

How have I never seen that?! This brought me so much joy, and I love her so much

It is hot as hell here today and I’m playing “Sent From Up Above” and getting my life, what a summer song! I’d cut off my arm for a So So Def remix or a live performance of it in full
              #CAUTION

Comment

• Originally posted by DNK View Post
                LOOOOOOVE this... love Monique

Comment

• Could this spell good news for MC??

NFL Partners With JAY-Z and Roc Nation

According to the New York Times, the NFL has inked a partnership with the Jigga Man and Roc Nation, which will become the league's new "live music entertainment strategist." With this position, JAY-Z and his team will be asked to consult on the Super Bowl halftime show and bring in high-level talent to perform at league events. Roc Nation will also be involved in the league's key social initiatives.

In his new role, JAY-Z will be heavily involved in the league's social justice campaign, the "Inspire Change" initiative. According to the Times, it "donates money to groups fighting for criminal justice reform, opportunities in economically challenged areas and better relations between the police and local communities."

Roc Nation and the NFL will formally announce the deal on Wednesday. The financial terms were not disclosed. Meanwhile, ESPN reports that the deal is a "long-term partnership," and will introduce new music into various NFL productions.

"With its global reach, the National Football League has the platform and opportunity to inspire change across the country," JAY-Z said. "Roc Nation has shown that entertainment and enacting change are not mutually exclusive ideas—instead, we unify them. This partnership is an opportunity to strengthen the fabric of communities across America."

According to ESPN, some of the upcoming initiatives that are expected to be implemented as a result of this partnership may include a Pro Bowl community concert, original music, artists podcasts, and a live visual album.

Full article: https://www.complex.com/sports/2019/...and-roc-nation
                  See latest news on Reports, Infractions & Bans
                  See Mariah Carey's Memoir thread

Comment

• Thanks for the inspo, [MENTION=35435]allygdale[/MENTION]! Bumpin' "Sent From Up Above" right now; such a luscious jam, my fave from self-titled
                    The sands of time fade into dark
                    Feel your pulse it's groove o'clock
                    A message to madness
                    Feel music that's realness

Comment

• Originally posted by allygdale View Post
                      It is hot as hell here today and I’m playing “Sent From Up Above” and getting my life, what a summer song! I’d cut off my arm for a So So Def remix or a live performance of it in full
                      That song really takes me back. I haven't played it that much since way back when I was abusing the debut album on cassette.

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                        Could this spell good news for MC??

NFL Partners With JAY-Z and Roc Nation
                        I don't think mariah would ever do this. she lacks energy. it would be boring. she's not that halftime performer. it could probably help rihanna or maybe shakira. but I don't think any one them would do it. people are saying JLO is on the short list tho

Comment

• Is there a dm function ok ukmix? [MENTION=37455]carloandrew[/MENTION] I rate BTS: where would you recommend to start listening to their discography? Atm I’ve listened to the most recent/well known singles

Comment

• ^ Click the users name and click private message.

Comment

• Originally posted by mm2912 View Post
                              I don't think mariah would ever do this. she lacks energy. it would be boring. she's not that halftime performer. it could probably help rihanna or maybe shakira. but I don't think any one them would do it. people are saying JLO is on the short list tho
                              Not suggesting halftime show, though I am sure she would do well. Not every halftime show needs to follow the same trends.

But the article states a music partnership for other league events. Mariah could be considered for writing a song for the introduction, performing for the season opening (see Triumphant) or even singing the national anthem.

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                                Not suggesting halftime show, though I am sure she would do well. Not every halftime show needs to follow the same trends.

But the article states a music partnership for other league events. Mariah could be considered for writing a song for the introduction, performing for the season opening (see Triumphant) or even singing the national anthem.
                                AIWFCIY on the stadium field!

“The Distance” is also the perfect NFL song for fall, I heard someone playing it in their car today!
                                #CAUTION

Comment

• How do y’all feel about Irresistible?

Comment

• For the halftime, mimi could appear as part of a combo of performers, for example. Though I completely agree she’s not designed to be a halftime show type performer.

Comment

• Well I liked what she did for Thanksgiving in 2006 tbh, but if she does a cameo like Lenny, Missy or even Beyonce with Bruno Mars it's ok

Comment

• Sent from up above is a jam, Irresistible is not, though I like the chorus.
                                        #mariahcarey #lambforlife

Comment

• Originally posted by TheRealest View Post
                                          How do y’all feel about Irresistible?
                                          Breezy summer bop, love it when she sings along with the g-funk synth line
                                          The sands of time fade into dark
                                          Feel your pulse it's groove o'clock
                                          A message to madness
                                          Feel music that's realness

Comment

• There is a movie coming out “Last Christmas” feat. Emilia Clarke, Henry Goulding and some other great people. It’ll feature songs of George Michael. I think it’ll be shown on Nov, I wonder how this will affect AIWFC as this will be a good promo for last Christmas the song.
                                            Forget the image, forget the ensembles, forget the rumors, forget the short skirts, big hair.....

Comment

jaaaaaaaaaaaam
                                              DEBBIE GIBSON 2020

Comment

• Irresistible's a baaaaaaaaaaaaaaawp.
                                                Just a DEVIANT, PERTURBED, DERANGED, MACABRE, MANIAC, LUNATIC, IRRATIONAL PSYCHO-TO-BE.

Comment

• Originally posted by SpyVsSpy View Post
                                                  For the halftime, mimi could appear as part of a combo of performers, for example. Though I completely agree she’s not designed to be a halftime show type performer.
                                                  I agree... however, in any case:

Her Halftime Playlist:

01 - It's Like That
                                                  02 - Fantasy
                                                  03 - Emotions
                                                  04 - Honey (Bad Boy Remix)
                                                  05 - Obsessed
                                                  06 - Make It Happen (with Choir)
                                                  07 - We Belong Together (Style P Remix)
                                                  08 - Hero (with Choir)
                                                  My Chart

Comment

One of her worst songs
                                                    Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

One of my all time faves. And one of the best from Charmy

Comment

Probably one of my favourites from the album !

Comment

• Irresistible is the best midtempo from the album, followed by You Got Me. Boy (I Need You) can't relate, but I like the song a little tho.
                                                          "ALL I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS IS YOU", MARIAH'S 19TH #1

Comment

• There’s a bit of a discrepancy between what was said by People Magazine online and in print. Online they mentioned a special package but in print Mariah only says “something special” which could mean anything. I am not sure if the writers are aware of this nuance

Comment

• Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post
                                                              One of her worst songs
                                                              +1.... such trash... honestly... it's on the same level as I Don't.mp3
                                                              My Chart

Comment

Working...
                                                              X