Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Random Qestion:
    AIWFC gets a quadruple treatment on this Re-Release.
    Does that mean, ’she will sell 4 Singles with each Album?

I wish she would have included MC2Y. So many people do not even know about its existence. This would have been the perfect opportunity to introduce this masterpiece to them.

So far everything is going well. Hope she gets her well deserved 19th #1.
    Just ordered my Single & Album Copy from the US-Store.

If she really manages to score her 19th #1 she will get free promotion from everywhere. Everbody will talk about it. So it would be smart to have a new Album waiting in her wings and to release it the week after she tops the Hot 100 (a lamb can dream).

Comment

• I know Im not supposed to, but I already played MCiiU this week :"(
      IG Account:
      https://www.instagram.com/diosbendigaestenegocio/

Comment

• No, a single sale is a single sale.

She didnt include much more of MC2Y because why would Def Jam (a competing label) do that? It steals away sales/profits from that album. I think she has more than enough songs from that album on it tbh.
        See latest news on Reports, Infractions & Bans
        See Mariah Carey's Memoir thread

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
          No, a single sale is a single sale.

She didnt include much more of MC2Y because why would Def Jam (a competing label) do that? It steals away sales/profits from that album. I think she has more than enough songs from that album on it tbh.
          Thx!
          OK, that makes sense.
          I thought she is the owner of her original masters and can use them without permission or discrediting her label(s).

Comment

• She just added a Vegas show on December 10. Wasn’t this the date some people were hoping she’d book SNL?

Comment

• Originally posted by banksy View Post
              She just added a Vegas show on December 10. Wasn’t this the date some people were hoping she’d book SNL?
              12/21

Comment

She just added a Vegas show on December 10. Wasn’t this the date some people were hoping she’d book SNL?
                Not Vegas, she added a show in Washington, DC.

Comment

• Originally posted by MeGreat View Post
                  Thx!
                  OK, that makes sense.
                  I thought she is the owner of her original masters and can use them without permission or discrediting her label(s).
                  She’s not the owner of her masters. Glitter is the only master she owns.

Comment

• Originally posted by MeGreat View Post
                    Thx!
                    OK, that makes sense.

Comment

• Can anyone recollect the chart history of "All I Want For Christmas Is You" from last year?? I was curious to remember whether or not it made it into the Top 10 on the Billboard Hot 100 the week after Thanksgiving 2018.

Call me crazy, but not only am I expecting/hoping it goes to #1 this year, but I want it to go to #1 earlier than the week after Christmas! I don't think its so out-of-the-question. Streaming has officially taken over. Apple has gotten rid of iTunes for crying out loud... so single sales aren't going to be a huge factor in charting (although those limited edition CD singles MC is shipping out on Dec 20th or whatever will put it over the top for that following week!).

I think the major issue will be streaming on Apple Music... it tends to favor rappers and urban releases. If I recall correctly, "AIWFCIY" didn't go to #1 there or chart super high until Christmas week... which then brought it to it's #3 peak on the charts!

I'm hoping some of these other big artists change their release plans and stay out of the way! Adele, Rihanna and Drake are all rumored/scheduled to release their 1st singles during November/December. With how well that worked for Ariana last year, I don't see why another label wouldn't try to score during this period.

Comment

• I have long said they should work more with Apple! Hopefully they do because the streams count more.

I want it to go #1 before Christmas week as well because then she would be #1 this decade as opposed to being #1 next decade due to how the charts are dated.

Though I dont see Adele or Rihanna purposefully competing with MC, a healthy amount of competition is good. An easy argument could be made to give MC that one or two weeks because they know, for sure, it will drop out of the chart the following week anyways. So is it worth the investment competing against the song?

Comment

• I'm so freaking excited to listen to those St John the Divine tracks...I can't wait!
                          I'm gonna be spinning her Christmas albums more than usual I think.
                          "Lift up your head
                          Lift up your heart..."

https://soundcloud.com/jaspervanbeve...orest-of-glass

Comment

• Probably one of Mariah’s iconic moments is the chase after 19th#1 hit, if AIWFCIY will top hot 100 this year it’ll probably one of the greatest moments in music history and the song is the song of the century in the making. Now let’s look back at the songs we rooted on to become her 19#1
                            Bye Bye - hailed by the critics to be a potential 19th number after her successful first singe “Touch My Body” topping the chart
                            Obsessed - also predicted by both fans and critics to be her 19th but radio was not cooperating, (idk the whole story please enlighten me)
                            Triumphant - prior the release, we hoped this could finally be her 19th number 1, but personally i was disappointed too on how it sounded. Remixes for this one is better. But as a lamb no Mariah songs i don’t enjoy at all. I still listen to it.
                            #Beautiful - after strings of unsuccessful chase, i lowered my expectations to this one. But just like any other Mariah songs, i anticipated its release, and baaam this song had it all but radio did not cooperate again she was 43 and affected by ageism in the industry, But in my book this is a timeless number 1 hit.
                            You’re mine - but underwhelmed by the responds of people, i personally enjoy it. Until now i bop to it, sing along to it.
                            With caution singles, didn’t really expect much because i think they had poor decision making with this album. They should have scrapped buzz single idea.
                            Will she get her elusive and most iconic chase 19#1 hit with a 25 year-old song? I am crossing my fingers but 95% i am sure it will. This is my most anticipated christmas not because of christmas itself but because i am seeing Mariah on top again after 2008
                            PS: i believe Mariah can still pull Cher/Billy Ray hit, with right people, right time, and right decision and Ofcourse marketing push.
                            Mariah Carey- The Queen of Queens And The Goddess of Goddesses

Comment

• I just want Mariah and her Team to be very very hungry to take AIWFCIY to number 1.
                              I want her to top atleast this decade and next decade so she can secure a record. I wish they are doing something
                              So they can secure number 1 before next year. I am damn excited i believe GP will cooperate as every year AIW enters earlier and earlier, plus memes about her and christmas is everywhere.
                              Mariah Carey- The Queen of Queens And The Goddess of Goddesses

Comment

• as the year goes by People are connecting Mariah with Xmas even more, it's like when u think of Xmas songs, it's Mariah's song that comes to mind,
                                I hope she gets the #1 this year in UK too,

+ I think she will reenter early this year in Hot 100 coz of the re - release of her Xmas stuffs,

#Excited

Comment

• https://www.rtlboulevard.nl/entertai...-masked-singer
                                  My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• Originally posted by himc15 View Post
                                    as the year goes by People are connecting Mariah with Xmas even more, it's like when u think of Xmas songs, it's Mariah's song that comes to mind,
                                    I hope she gets the #1 this year in UK too,

+ I think she will reenter early this year in Hot 100 coz of the re - release of her Xmas stuffs,

#Excited
                                    I thought the idea was to ship all of that on the christmas week so she can chart higher with the album and the single
                                    IG Account:
                                    https://www.instagram.com/diosbendigaestenegocio/

Comment

• They're still using her name in these singing shows to draw people in.
                                      "Lift up your head
                                      Lift up your heart..."

Comment

• ^ I doubt she'll do such a show. Maybe if they have a Christmas themed episode...
                                        My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• Originally posted by Eamon View Post
                                          It's been stated here that she has 50% ownership of her masters. That's probably why Columbia had to work with her on Greatest Hits instead of just releasing what they wanted. If memory serves, she and Tommy Mottola worked it out in a dinner meeting? I'm too lazy to look it up.

IDK how much of her publishing she owns.

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post
                                            ^ I doubt she'll do such a show. Maybe if they have a Christmas themed episode...
                                            I'm not entirely sure how this show works...but the masked singer is using their real voice, right? So the second Mariah would start singing... she would expose herself. There are people who are just too familiar and famous to participate in these shows.
                                            My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                                              I'm not entirely sure how this show works...but the masked singer is using their real voice, right? So the second Mariah would start singing... she would expose herself. There are people who are just too familiar and famous to participate in these shows.
                                              She's not ever going to do it. The show is a contest for singers/celebrities, in ridiculous costumes, with a winner outcome. As if she'd even CONSIDER something like that LOL.
                                              The only spot she'll ever take is the judge of judges, which was 'promised' to her before they screwed her over on Idol.
                                              "Lift up your head
                                              Lift up your heart..."

Comment

• Originally posted by Colombia71345 View Post
                                                on top of that we have those additional sales ....I wonder how many copies will that be? 30K? 40k? 60K?

I would like to hear what Stevy has to say about this...I wanna know his prediction in terms of points for the BBhot100 broke down for sales, radio support and streaming.

HOw many days will we have for streaming? 6 out of 7? what about radio? 5 days? same question for sales
                                                sales will be incredibly irrelevant for AIWFCIY's quest for #1 this year... of course the more she sells the better. Are you referring to the physical singles of AIWFCIY this year?

My estimation is that during its best week, the AIWFCIY singles will shift not more than maybe 8k-10k... and even that is a stretch. The last time she had a physical single in the US was Obsessed which sold in that region to hit #1 on the sales chart.... (total sales to dare are 30k-physical singles).

8k in 2019 for a physical single would give her one of the biggest selling physical singles of the decade. #RIP

But then again, it is Xmas and maybe it will be gifted, who knows. But my experience tells me, that the physical single will not make any difference. (In Germany however, the physical single would be extremely important bc the German singles chart is a revenue chart and a more expensive single would generate more gross and therefore a higher placing.)

A physical single could also work well in Japan (and maybe Korea)...

AIWFCIY's success is 90% dependent on streaming these days and 9% dependent on airplay and 1% dependent on sales imo.
                                                My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by Hejira View Post
                                                  She's not ever going to do it. The show is a contest for singers/celebrities, in ridiculous costumes, with a winner outcome. As if she'd even CONSIDER something like that LOL.
                                                  The only spot she'll ever take is the judge of judges, which was 'promised' to her before they screwed her over on Idol.
                                                  I agree. Altho... it would have been cool if this show existed in 1998 and Mariah/Whitney could have performed their duet like that. They could have fooled a lot of people... not knowing who sings what and when. <3
                                                  My Chart

Comment

It's been stated here that she has 50% ownership of her masters. That's probably why Columbia had to work with her on Greatest Hits instead of just releasing what they wanted. If memory serves, she and Tommy Mottola worked it out in a dinner meeting? I'm too lazy to look it up.

You’re confusing the masters and her publishing. She owns her publishing. She does not own the master albums. Only Glitter.

Comment

• The extra sales may be used to pad the days post-Christmas when her streams will tumble significantly. So they need something to support the song as both streaming and airplay will take big blows.

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                                                        sales will be incredibly irrelevant for AIWFCIY's quest for #1 this year... of course the more she sells the better. Are you referring to the physical singles of AIWFCIY this year?

My estimation is that during its best week, the AIWFCIY singles will shift not more than maybe 8k-10k... and even that is a stretch. The last time she had a physical single in the US was Obsessed which sold in that region to hit #1 on the sales chart.... (total sales to dare are 30k-physical singles).

8k in 2019 for a physical single would give her one of the biggest selling physical singles of the decade. #RIP

But then again, it is Xmas and maybe it will be gifted, who knows. But my experience tells me, that the physical single will not make any difference. (In Germany however, the physical single would be extremely important bc the German singles chart is a revenue chart and a more expensive single would generate more gross and therefore a higher placing.)

A physical single could also work well in Japan (and maybe Korea)...

AIWFCIY's success is 90% dependent on streaming these days and 9% dependent on airplay and 1% dependent on sales imo.
                                                        I can’t wait until Kween has the #1 single in your and [MENTION=65100]aRat[/MENTION]chet’s Hole. The good sis will be pulling ha whiskers out!
                                                        Originally posted by beredy
                                                        When people see your post this is what they see:

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

• This is literally the first year Mariah is putting effort into potentially scoring the #1 spot with AIW.
                                                          It’s surprising how little she did the past 2 years (no effort or promo) yet AIW went to #3!

Comment

My bad. İ thought she possesses all of her original Masters. Thx for the info.

Comment

• how "It's Like That [Demo] from 1995 (Daydreamriah)" would sound: https://vocaroo.com/i/s0ioCSgy7zMR

just for laughs, darlings

Comment

Working...
                                                              X