Clear All

• Originally posted by eternally12
    [youtube:3dkffxld]gncpBREkRk0[/youtube:3dkffxld]
    Her My All performances on the Rainbow tour were perfection
    So were the Without You one's
    "You and me in a cloud of REVERIE..."

Comment

• [youtube:348e3e3y]rcYrwy7KsxM[/youtube:348e3e3y]
      I love the way she did the "things you WANNA do the way I used to do" like the studio version here. She's vocally held back but very in control which I like
      I'm so glad bartending school is paying off! #cheers to the haters there's so much more coming !!

Comment

• She sounded good in 2008?
        Don't think we witnessed the same era then
        The Hills was a disaster. SNL was okay-ish at best.
        She sounded good on GMA, despite the TMB pseudo-remix fiasco, but most of TMB performances were... well, not that good.
        Just a DEVIANT, PERTURBED, DERANGED, MACABRE, MANIAC, LUNATIC, IRRATIONAL PSYCHO-TO-BE.

Comment

• Originally posted by SawyerHewitt
          She sounded good in 2008?
          She sounded good on GMA, despite the TMB pseudo-remix fiasco, but most of TMB performances were... well, not that good.
          Your avi though...You almost look like Prince

Comment

• So boring
            Some exciting information about her new single should be leaked asap.

Comment

• Originally posted by DOSSOME
              Originally posted by SawyerHewitt
              You've made my day <3
              *goes plays Incense & candles*
              Just a DEVIANT, PERTURBED, DERANGED, MACABRE, MANIAC, LUNATIC, IRRATIONAL PSYCHO-TO-BE.

Comment

• Originally posted by gunman6
                So boring
                Some exciting information about her new single should be leaked asap.
                What new single?

Comment

• ???? I didn't know something was coming out soon
                  Underneath The Stars

Comment

Her My All performances on the Rainbow tour were perfection
                    I agree!
                    Her improvisations were BRILLIANT. Plus her voice was agile af.
                    Her tone was so rich, raspy yet warm and buttery.

The rendition at Milan is my favorite performance from the tour, and one of the best of the song ever IMO.

[youtube:2oikpqxz]uIC3OnnlsBQ[/youtube:2oikpqxz]

Bish was SANGING.

Comment

• Originally posted by SawyerHewitt
                      Originally posted by DOSSOME
                      Originally posted by SawyerHewitt
                      You've made my day <3
                      *goes plays Incense & candles*
                      YAAS..U BETTER STAN FOR THAT MASTERPIECE
                      Come into my room of incense and candles
                      I got something you won't know how to handle

You can tell me uh-uh but you know how this man do
                      I'ma want it all night long
                      I'm glad that we're compatible. mature and grown
                      Cause this is not something you can do alone
                      There's a dance floor but we can use a table
                      I got to have a partner that's willing and able
                      Once you try to seduce me it grows and grows
                      You're mind will never deny what you're body knows
                      I know you want to take off all your clothes
                      But please don't do it

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Via @stellabulochnikov

So precious!

Comment

• Cute photos.
                              Originally posted by SummerPeur
                              Time stops for the Kween everytime WBT is performed.
                              Originally posted by Goldmoney
                              So does her microphone

Comment

• Hate to bring other artists up on a Mariah thread but seriously if Mariah had sounded like this on ANY tv show she would be absolutely crucified rather than rigorously defended like Sia was. I guess that's what happens when you're lauded as the greatest vocalist of all time
                                [youtube:2t3ffhe7]bbdjNS3cTds[/youtube:2t3ffhe7]
                                I'm so glad bartending school is paying off! #cheers to the haters there's so much more coming !!

Comment

• Via @stellabulochnikov

?

Comment

• Originally posted by SummerPeur
                                    Cute photos.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka
                                      Good to see she's still utilising NBC after the Rockefeller f*ck up

Comment

Hate to bring other artists up on a Mariah thread but seriously if Mariah had sounded like this on ANY tv show she would be absolutely crucified rather than rigorously defended like Sia was. I guess that's what happens when you're lauded as the greatest vocalist of all time
                                        [youtube:pi21f3b6]bbdjNS3cTds[/youtube:pi21f3b6]
                                        God

Comment

• i think sia gained more fans after that. Why? Because it was so relateable. When I get up in the morning, my voice is either crystal clear or shot.. Depends on the night I had.

The way how Sia handled herself and the situation, ackowledging it, was really honest and genuine.

But as some have pointed out, it is unfair to rip into Mariah for the same problem.
                                          My Chart

Comment

• [youtube:2hjr27en]hUrViaVqfP8[/youtube:2hjr27en]

Rascali if you see this would it be possible to upload the full performance if you have it? Without the "AND WE WILL LINGER ON AND ON" part cut out of the audio

Comment

• Truth is no one cares about Sia to that degree. She isn't at the same calibre of vocalist as Mariah so any downfall would never be treated with any seriousness. When you're held to such a high standard like Mariah was, you're not expected to sound anything less than how people think you should.
                                              I have learned that beauty has to flourish in the light, wild horses run unbridled or their spirit dies...

Comment

• Originally posted by Lewisus
                                                Truth is no one cares about Sia to that degree. She isn't at the same calibre of vocalist as Mariah so any downfall would never be treated with any seriousness. When you're held to such a high standard like Mariah was, you're not expected to sound anything less than how people think you should.
                                                Yeah I agree to an extent. That's why I said
                                                I guess that's what happens when you're lauded as the greatest vocalist of all time
                                                But still, it's sad that these double standards exist.

Anyway, Sia's voice has always reminded me of a sh**ty version of Mariah's Divas live '98 voice

Comment

• ^^no to that small quote there man,what? no,i dont hear it

+ im enjoying all of you experts talking about f5,c5 3,2,1,or 10 idk,but i love it when you all talk about all these things thats makes me glued to this thread just reading and watching the videos u are posting

being in a Mariah thread is like being in a music class,well except for some times when things goes all out,but it always good
                                                  thanks guys

Comment

• I agree that the media hones in on Mariah when she has weaker vocal moments but as the SIA clip demonstrates, incredibly talented singers have days where they don't sound incredible.

But they're not the only ones. I've heard clips and blogs from plenty of artists and this isn't exclusive to the music industry either. Athletes in the NFL, NBA etc, actors in particular roles have all been singled out for weaker performances but if they are genuinely talented, then I believe the public are more than capable of seeing that these weaker moments are isolated and no big deal.

Seems like the lambs care far more than anybody else (put together).

Yes it's a shame that so many people love to see idols in weak lights, yes it's a shame that so many people laugh at the negatives rather than celebrate the positives but it's the entertainment industry and the world we live in. MC gets that. She's been living it for the past 3 decades.
                                                    Addict. Advocate. Author. Artist.
                                                    My journey of R&B, addiction and superheroes....
                                                    www.rawirijames.com
                                                    #LostBoy album and novel OUT NOW!

Comment

Working...
                                                    X