Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sts View Post

You know I've thought about If It's Over and Carole King a lot, and I really hope she brings it up in the book. She mentions Carole King as an idol in MTV Unplugged, but then I've not seen any interactions between them since. They were both on Diva's Live '98 and nothing, never seen them photographed together etc.

I'm very interested about that as well. I can't think of any reason why Mariah might not like her, Carole seems like anyone's nice aunt.
    I wonder if she simply doesn't like the song?

Comment

• I know, it seemed so weird that she never even mentions Carole again. I mean, it must have been an ok experience writing it, cos she does mention Carole as her idol on MTV Unplugged (otherwise, Meemz would have been silent). I also have always found the VH1 Divas energy a bit weird. It was like mini-alliances were formed...

(1)Team Aretha/Mariah (well, Team Aretha by herself but acknowledging Mariah by allowing Meemz to orbit in her presence...and Mariah ignoring everyone else...)

(2) Team Celine/Carole/Shania/Glora (even though Mariah must know Gloria very well, as they must have hung out a lot previously as Gloria was one of Tommy's close friends).

Comment

• I think Mariah is more interested in working with newer songwriters/producers than older-leaning (more established) ones tbh.

And I can't blame her for it. It worked well for her on Caution.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlmondBreeze View Post
          I know, it seemed so weird that she never even mentions Carole again. I mean, it must have been an ok experience writing it, cos she does mention Carole as her idol on MTV Unplugged (otherwise, Meemz would have been silent). I also have always found the VH1 Divas energy a bit weird. It was like mini-alliances were formed...

(1)Team Aretha/Mariah (well, Team Aretha by herself but acknowledging Mariah by allowing Meemz to orbit in her presence...and Mariah ignoring everyone else...)

(2) Team Celine/Carole/Shania/Glora (even though Mariah must know Gloria very well, as they must have hung out a lot previously as Gloria was one of Tommy's close friends).
          Shania has always been incredibly nice about Mariah though. I think Mariah is friendly with a lot more people than we know off, she just chooses not to speak about it.
          Mariah has always been quite real in that regard, she doesn't feel the need to gloat about knowing so and so.

On the other hand I can imagine that having all these big names together for an evening would be difficult, and Mariah is Mariah..perhaps some of the others were more casual with each other while Mariah was somewhere in her dressingroom having her own moment.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlmondBreeze View Post
            I know, it seemed so weird that she never even mentions Carole again. I mean, it must have been an ok experience writing it, cos she does mention Carole as her idol on MTV Unplugged (otherwise, Meemz would have been silent). I also have always found the VH1 Divas energy a bit weird. It was like mini-alliances were formed...

Yes - there was a LOT of Gloria/Mariah in the early to mid 90's. And as a child I really loved both (I still do have a soft spot for Gloria, and Anything For You is an a+mazing song). But clearly she was Tommy's friend so it was only ever a friendship of circumstance. I hope there is still respect there for each other though. I doubt she'll get a mention in the book, except in the inevitable Hero "origin story" chapter

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post

Yeah my bet is on TTR. But AYNAF or VOL probably contenders too.
              I didn't even realize that "Through the Rain" might be a possibility.
              Would it be pessimistic to say I'm expecting "Hero" ? Don't get me wrong, the song would be fitting and the song is impactful but as lambs, we tend to hear it often. Another choice would be interesting !
              If you have 5 minutes, please check out my song "Alibi" on YouTube.

Comment

• Originally posted by Migrate View Post

I didn't even realize that "Through the Rain" might be a possibility.
                Would it be pessimistic to say I'm expecting "Hero" ? Don't get me wrong, the song would be fitting and the song is impactful but as lambs, we tend to hear it often. Another choice would be interesting !
                Reason I'm betting against Hero is because she did it already. Let's be honest, she HAD to at least done it once during this time.

Comment

• I hope it’s TTR. She would serve the charmie moment she’s in debt and also would be fitting for the event. But ATYNAF would be nice too, anything besides the same old hero/ABMB/WBT

Comment

• What time does the concert start again? And does anyone know of a link where we can watch? Thanks! Sorry if that's already been asked, if it was i missed it!

Comment

• My Saving Grace would be nice.
                      To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by XanderIsMe05 View Post
                        What time does the concert start again? And does anyone know of a link where we can watch? Thanks! Sorry if that's already been asked, if it was i missed it!
                        I was wondering too since this morning I read "In a few hours" but it's like 7AM eastern time in The USA I think. So for Europeans, good night and we'll catch up tomorrow morning LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by 05musicbox View Post
                          About morisette amon, she is a big fan of mariah. If you see the caption of her flab cover video, she said shes paying tribute to the 15th anniversary of teom, her favorite album.

What a singer does, is different from what her fans do.

​​​
                          ABSOLUTELY agree....tried to "correct" my post re: their Comments,,,i.e. not her Vocal.....listed to her VOCAL AFTERWARDS....and OM Gawdess...Gurl IS Spot ON the money!!

Where is Morisette Amon located? Phillipines?? They have STELLAR Musicianship!!
                          http://www.singsnap.com/karaoke/r/bdbb01921

Comment

• I feel some lambs view Mariah fandom as if it's a religion sometimes. "This artist loves her, so we must all love that artist now"!!!
                            Like the whole obsession with Mariah acknowledging Ariana and how it "worried" some lambs.
                            You can love Mariah and her music and still be your own person and have your own taste! You don't have to like another singer because she's a die hard Mariah fan. And you also don't have to dislike someone because they aren't a fan.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hejira View Post

I was wondering too since this morning I read "In a few hours" but it's like 7AM eastern time in The USA I think. So for Europeans, good night and we'll catch up tomorrow morning LOL
                              It starts at 7pm EST in New York.
                              Rise Up New York! will be broadcast on all New York City TV stations,@iHeartMedia and @Entercom broadcast radio stations, @News12, @NY1, @SIRIUSXM & nationally on @CNBC. Learn more about our relief and recovery work and give today: http://robinhood.org

Comment

• Originally posted by quilmrt View Post

It starts at 7pm EST in New York.
                                Omg, I've been here refreshing like a lunatic since this morning wondering if I missed it and why no one was talking about it. Was also under false impressions from a post this morning lol
                                Everything, it only fades...

Comment

• Originally posted by Robby View Post

Omg, I've been here refreshing like a lunatic since this morning wondering if I missed it and why no one was talking about it. Was also under false impressions from a post this morning lol
                                  LOL same, cause they said "In a few hours".
                                  Chile, 15 hours aren't a few!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hejira View Post
                                    I feel some lambs view Mariah fandom as if it's a religion sometimes. "This artist loves her, so we must all love that artist now"!!!
                                    Like the whole obsession with Mariah acknowledging Ariana and how it "worried" some lambs.
                                    You can love Mariah and her music and still be your own person and have your own taste! You don't have to like another singer because she's a die hard Mariah fan. And you also don't have to dislike someone because they aren't a fan.
                                    I dont see it that way myself. I mean, for example in the case of Ariana Grande as you said, it is not i am waiting for mariah to like her for me to like Ariana. More like i love Mariah Carey and I like Ariana so i want to people that i love and like interact with each other. It is not like i am waiting for mariah the goddess to tell me what i have to like or dislike

Comment

• Comment

• SmartIsNewSexy
                                        SmartIsNewSexy commented
                                        Editing a comment
                                        Mariah looks freaken FLANTASTIC!
                                        She is a true Goddess

Your faves could never !

• Now these are the kind of dresses she SHOULD wear! So gorgeous
                                      To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

Comment

• Regarding those offended by the apathy of most of us towards the Karaoke Queens or Poor Man's Mariah's like someone already said: I believe the problem lies with the absolute shameless trolling of some pinoy stans that hijack every single Mariah YouTube video spouting ridiculous and often hateful venom against the Blueprint (Mariah) while claiming that the karaoke imitator (Regine, Mori, Charice, Katrina, etc.) is far superior because and I quote "Mariah can't sing anymore". Just because these girls try to hit the same note doesn't mean that their technique will ever reach that of the Queen who is unmatched and unrivaled as far as I'm concerned and that's not even taking originality into account. These girls all strain, don't support any of their notes above the 5th octave, are pitchy as hell, have little or no resonance, limited agility, have messy runs and yet somehow the problem always lies with the lambs who are somehow "too extreme" or "take fandom too serious" because they voice any opinion that isn't favorable to the troll's reasoning. It's one thing to admire another lamb vocalist but it's another thing to be fanatical in your devotion to the point of arguing and trolling constantly bringing up these Asian artists at any opportunity on Mariah's videos and playing the victim every time someone implies that they prefer Mariah. A lot of them will not stop trolling and spamming Mariah's videos and will not stop attacking anyone who doesn't concede that the current karaoke artist is the equal or superior of Mariah. It's so ridiculous but the damage is already done and the trolls have given the world a mostly negative reputation of these Mariah wannabes. That's my rant but I prefer Asian vocalist lambs who have sane fanbases that remain humble and don't troll like those of Jonalyn Viray, SoHyang and Agnez Mo.

Comment

• Mariah looks so A+MAZING !

undoubtedly, one of the most beautiful women in all the land.

Comment

• Is mariah at a TV studio?

Comment

• Does somebody manage to get a link to watch?
                                              Reddit | r/MariahCarey: https://www.reddit.com/r/MariahCarey/
                                              Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/user/leoinavalon
                                              Instagram: https://instagram.com/leoavalon/

Comment

• Originally posted by SmartIsNewSexy View Post
                                                Is mariah at a TV studio?
                                                I'm pretty sure that pic is from years ago!
                                                http://oi42.tinypic.com/2m3lnpv.jpg

Follow me on LastFM: http://www.lastfm.es/user/S-Yair

www.instagram.com/sebastiansuaid/

Comment

• She looks amazing on that video. Almost like it's 2013 again and she's backstage before an American Idol taping.
                                                  http://oi42.tinypic.com/2m3lnpv.jpg

Follow me on LastFM: http://www.lastfm.es/user/S-Yair

www.instagram.com/sebastiansuaid/

Comment

• That’s an old pic!!!! Lol
                                                    but it’s a super cute outfit, even if it’s recycled!
                                                    so excited for the performance, praying it’s Through the Rain or Love Takes Time (she just sounds so good singing it)

Comment

• US lambs - on TV nationally on CNBC at 7pm Eastern (20 minutes)

Comment

• She’s singing TTR and MIH medley
                                                        https://www.google.com.br/amp/s/abc7...pdate/6148655/

Comment

• OMG Make It Happen/Hero mashup! She saaaang!

Comment

• Originally posted by Clown10 View Post
                                                            OMG Make It Happen/Hero mashup! She saaaang!
                                                            That’s not Hero, it’s through the rain lol

Comment

• Clown10
                                                              Clown10 commented
                                                              Editing a comment
                                                              ooops.. Great regardless
                                                          Working...
                                                          X