No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This melody was iconic, I’m That Chick and Say Something sound like No 1s in full voice

If SS sounded like that on the album, it could have been first single material, that live vocal gives it more of a grown Honey vibe
    Last edited by allygdale; Tue May 12th, 2020, 02:57.
    #CAUTION

Comment

• I swear that some of you are smoking some bad ish, or are just looking for something to complain about when she performs. That was perfection, and I hope she releases the medley to all platforms.

Comment

• Shaka
        Shaka commented
        Editing a comment
        Yep. This.

• Originally posted by lambie View Post

dahhling, I think youre being overly critical
      the intro was solid- idt Mariah's ever sang the first chorus live- this may be the first time
      I just wish the and SAYYY part was more powerful and sustained
      but overall, it was an excellent performance
      It wasn’t live lol and it was overprocessed

Comment

• Originally posted by banksy View Post
        I swear that some of you are smoking some bad ish, or are just looking for something to complain about when she performs. That was perfection, and I hope she releases the medley to all platforms.
        this!

constant Nit-picking....

it was the best performance of the night. What more do u want?

Comment

• Side Effects has me shook, the layers of bgs,

When placed between non Christmas tracks, the Oh Holy Night vocal is even more impressive

What do we think is her best studio vocal, ATYNAF or OHN?

And OMFG at Looking In, that vocal is simply perfect #tone

Imagine being at that I’ll Be There show in Tokyo, that is where she and her band sound like heaven on earth, listen to her SANG! sheesh
          Last edited by allygdale; Tue May 12th, 2020, 03:52.
          #CAUTION

Comment

• SmartIsNewSexy
            SmartIsNewSexy commented
            Editing a comment
            OHN is a vocal masterpiece!
            Your faves could never

• I am also noticing the reverb on the Oh Holy Night vocal absolutely slays, it sounds vintagey and different than the rest

What a bop Time of Your Life was, if only we could get “Once in a Lifetime” in HQ too
          #CAUTION

Comment

• SmartIsNewSexy
            SmartIsNewSexy commented
            Editing a comment
            The pepsi ringtones need to be Full songs

• Loved the medley!
          I knew she was going to do MIH but wasn't expecting this amazing mash-up! LIT. Needs to be on the setlist for future shows.

She gave us the Godbracelet moment <3

And that Versace dress is stunning.

Comment

• The vocals weren't overprocessed.
            Just a little of effects going on but was more a combination of the C800GPAC, a bit of a nasal technique she was using this time (that allows her to reach high belts easier w/ less rasp but w/ a ligther and thinner sound) and her agility per se which is currently in great form. Her speaking voice right after the performance sounded just like her singing voice.

I love the fact that she went for the notes. Sis was breathing C#5s and she hit more E5s in this performance than during the whole '19 lol. One of the E5 attempts peaked at F#5. We love a confident Queen.
            The growls sounded strong and healthy.
            Nice - intentional - vocal breaks.
            She was performing with passion.

I don't know, maybe I'm watching another vid but she sounded fantastic here IMO, don't understand the nit-picking...

Out of the three studio performances during the quarantine, this was my fave. She took many risks and they paid off.

Oh, and I loved the TTR moment. Especially when she went back for the climax, that remix-ish part, she's a genius.

Comment

• VOCAL SHOWCASE

Highest belt was F#5 (very brief).

ISOLATED VOCALS - KINDA

That lil falsetto run she did toward the end was so cute.

Comment

• Loved the performance! Hope she keeps these kinds of moments coming!

Comment

• So special hearing a bit of Through the Rain after all these years - amazing song.

Comment

• Enjoyed the performance immensely. Great mash-up. Seriously don't know what some of you all are complaining about.

Comment

• Wow wow wow, Mariah carey slayed that performance, I can watch it over and over... That bridge change into through the rain scalped me, we not worthy Queen
                      Mariah Carey
                      Billboard's Top Solo Female of All Time

Comment

• Can't wait MC16. Her voice is amazing
                        Mariah Carey the best singer of all time
                        My Queen! My Goddess! My Idol!
                        Forever and always!

Comment

• love her so much , i enjoyed it .
                          https://soundcloud.com/mofei-1/gtfo-...sion-demo-live
                          How Abt you ( #GTFO) -my new demo

Comment

• Yasss kween!!!!

The TTR intro made me so emotional and when it transitioned into MIH, my wig flew off my scalp as I fell on the bathroom floor.

I need a TTR / MIH mashup remix 2020 single out like right now!!!!

Also, she looked stunning.
                            Mariah Carey is the first and only artiste to have #1 singles in four different decades
                            Your basic faves could never

Comment

• Loved that! If she recorded an album this year she’d be able to get some big belts in. Her voice is without a doubt in better shape than when she recorded Caution... although I do love the subtlety of that album.
                              To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

Comment

• Slay Mariah, what a wonderful gift to us

Comment

• A few days ago, I was on here saying that Mariah should switch it up and surprise us! Well, now I have to give her props for delivering! This was not predictable at all! And I loved the vocals. This is one of the first performances of her in ages that I will go back to! Her voice on TTR sounds so amazing! I love this woman! And the belting at the end was FUN!

Comment

• A few days ago, I was on here saying that Mariah should switch it up and surprise us! Well, now I have to give her props for delivering! This was not predictable at all! And I loved the vocals. This is one of the first performances of her in ages that I will go back to! Her voice on TTR sounds so amazing! I love this woman! And the belting at the end was FUN!

Comment

• I agree! I’ve watched this 7 times already this morning and I’m working lol. So enjoyable to watch! I want it to go viral. Things like this will definitely help her future concert sales.
                                      To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

Comment

• Happy to hear so many of you enjoyed it! I loved the fact she changed it up for once, and I really appreciate the through the rain segment! Been way too long! She sounded nice enough in parts, but some were a bit meh in my opinion. Overall I enjoyed it though and these moments are great!
                                        Eudaimonia
                                        Last.fm
                                        Instagram

Comment

• I very much enjoyed her switching things up, and I love seeing her being creative and having fun. Great job, IMO.

Comment

• Originally posted by crybaby26 View Post
                                            Wow wow wow, Mariah carey slayed that performance, I can watch it over and over... That bridge change into through the rain scalped me, we not worthy Queen
                                            That was amazing.
                                            Ugh, her mind.

Comment

• Great performance. Very creative!
                                              It wasn't processed or autotuned at all, the lack of reverb makes her voice sound kind of sharp and tinny which people might mistake with autotune, but this is her natural voice.
                                              There were some moments where she sounded a bit dry, but overall very well done.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthernMonkey View Post
                                                Loved that! If she recorded an album this year she’d be able to get some big belts in. Her voice is without a doubt in better shape than when she recorded Caution... although I do love the subtlety of that album.
                                                Same.
                                                Her vocals on Caution album are quite restrained, but I love that actually. As u said, the subtlety of it all it's part of the magic displayed on there.
                                                I mean, she already was in better vocal condition during the Tour.
                                                Now she's rested and sounds super healthy. She's been SLAYING the D5/E5 area that was pretty week on Caution (album & tour).
                                                We know she's been recording in the studio. Can't wait for her next project. She's gonna give us some vocal moments, I'm sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by mm2912 View Post

It wasn’t live lol and it was overprocessed
                                                  Why is it ALWAYS you moaning and whining about everything she does? Boring!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hejira View Post
                                                    Great performance. Very creative!
                                                    It wasn't processed or autotuned at all, the lack of reverb makes her voice sound kind of sharp and tinny which people might mistake with autotune, but this is her natural voice.
                                                    There were some moments where she sounded a bit dry, but overall very well done.
                                                    And also her technique.
                                                    She was approaching a more nasal placement most of the times, hence the tinny yet bright and light tone.
                                                    At some points she used a more open technique - mostly during MIH or when she was growling - and her tone became darker and fuller there.
                                                    Also, by her speaking voice, I think she's slightly congested.

Comment

• Dance remixes are the way forward for her live performances. She can ad-lib in a way that is comfortable for her while still serving up some impressive moments! And the energy and beauty of the arrangement will mask any limitations she is feeling in her voice that day.

Comment

• Im so happy TTR (an underrated gem) got some attention.
                                                        hopefully this will make casual fans check out Mariah's legendary catalogue

Comment

Working...
                                                        X