Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by allygdale View Post

I would be lying if I said I was a fan since, I was too young to remember, but it wasn’t too long after!

VOL 30, would have slayed to have a professional Charmbracelet Tour performance of it up on YouTube if there is one

Would slay to hear the demo too!

I want the whole first album remixed so bad, just new production
    I'd take anything they have to offer for the debut album, honestly. I feel like it is not one that gets a huge focus on in the sea of remarkable work in her catalog. You almost always hear about the Music Boxes and Daydreams in her early 90s work and the debut is kind of passed. I guess I say this with one exception, them releasing another "no thought" vinyl release with nothing new on it would seem like an incredibly cheap way to mark the occasion.

Anyways, it would be great to get some renewed energy into it this year.

There has been a remarkable silence about it so far from Sony and her team, which obviously can change on a dime.

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
      Cant believe tomorrow is VOL's 30th anniversary!!

I hope they mark it in some special way.

I was going to check... I knew the song and album started charting around this time of the year.

We so should have a VOL streaming week... heck, a debut streaming week.

I'm sure Mariah will mark the occasion.
      MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• We should have a justice moment for the DEBUT!

its super close to DIAMOND (or maybe its already eligible?). But we can give if that extra push.

Comment

• Mariah will be part of another live performance

https://www.rollingstone.com/pro/new...khaled-998860/
          Last edited by mm2912; Thu May 14th, 2020, 13:56.

Comment

• Cashiado
            Cashiado commented
            Editing a comment
            Mariah’s name is not mentioned in the article or app. Where did you get your information that she’s gonna be involved?

• redhorse2016a
            redhorse2016a commented
            Editing a comment
            @Cashiedo, It’s mentioned in the rollingstone article. “Khaled will be performing over the course of 11 episodes throughout the series with various special guests. Past this weekend’s slate of shows, Mariah Carey, Katy Perry and Steve Aoki are confirmed to play, and BeApp will also air a re-creation of Lin Manuel Miranda’s Hamilton complete with new COVID-19-inspired compositions penned by Miranda. BeApp says it will be announcing other high profile acts set to perform as well.

• Cashiado
            Cashiado commented
            Editing a comment
            https://www.rollingstone.com/pro/new...khaled-998860/

Thanks for the clarification. Here’s the article for the other lambs to check it out.

• Cashiado maybe u need to check your glasses cause I posted the rolling stone article below the twitter post that mention Mariah’s name as performer

Comment

• Originally posted by mm2912 View Post
            Cashiado maybe u need to check your glasses cause I posted the rolling stone article below the twitter post that mention Mariah’s name as performer
            and you can be nicer

Comment

• Cashiado
              Cashiado commented
              Editing a comment
              When was I not nice? I missed your link, sorry. You telling me to check my glasses is not nice.

• delapuerta
              delapuerta commented
              Editing a comment
              Cashiado I was referring to him, not you

• Originally posted by jr588 View Post
            Why did she delete the video on IG if her singing You & I??
            Yeah, saw it yesterday but it's now gone. Perhaps copyright issues on instagram?

Comment

Cashiado maybe u need to check your glasses cause I posted the rolling stone article below the twitter post that mention Mariah’s name as performer

Comment

• "We all make mistakes sometimes, but we muddle through..."

Also, "We love everybody!"

Cashiado Seems like an honest mistake. I am glad your question led to clarification on the matter.

Now let's all move on and start speculating about what she will perform :-)
                You don’t have to be afraid of what you are!

Comment

• She’s been removed and it’s mentioned she is not confirmed to perform now at the bottom of the article.
                  Meteorite-ite-ite!

Comment

• Now the article has been taken down altogether?
                    Meteorite-ite-ite!

Comment

• Sad

Comment

• I wish she were still jumping on collabs and remixes

I would love to hear her on The Weeknd’s “In Your Eyes,” a track on the new Drake album, collaborations with Megan Thee Stallion, Drake, Roddy Rich, DaBaby, Post Malone
                        #CAUTION

Comment

• Nicki just got her first #1 cause she jumped on a already successful song, Beyoncé got #2 on one remix. Mariah could record a remix with any song that’s charting too

Comment

• InFamous
                            InFamous commented
                            Editing a comment
                            She tried that with the Unforgettable remix which was released when Unforgettable was in the top 10. The remix has to garner the majority of the points to count for the featured artist.

Nicki just got her first #1 cause she jumped on a already successful song, Beyoncé got #2 on one remix. Mariah could record a remix with any song that’s charting too
                          featured = “they’re just back-up”

but seriously I honestly don’t count those as true #1s. Mariah doesn’t need to make herself a gimmick and hop on someone else’s remix to get another #1 - she has 19 as a lead artist.

Comment

• InFamous
                            InFamous commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Post deleted.
                            Last edited by InFamous; Fri May 15th, 2020, 00:57.

Sad

come on !!!!!, it's teamed by Coca-cola m not Pepsi ....lol
                          https://soundcloud.com/mofei-1/gtfo-...sion-demo-live
                          How Abt you ( #GTFO) -my new demo

Comment

Nicki just got her first #1 cause she jumped on a already successful song, Beyoncé got #2 on one remix. Mariah could record a remix with any song that’s charting too
                            The only way it would work is if the timing is right and the remix outdoes the original. It is a possibility but they have to play their cards right.

Comment

How u describe it I could totally hear it in Mariah’s voice. I miss her covers on her albums. OMT is a beautiful ballad but the chipmunk vocals ruined it even tho the emotions were there
                              Where are you hearing chipmunk vocals?

Comment

• InFamous you can’t count Unforgettable cause it wasn’t even promoted by the lead artist.

Comment

• InFamous
                                  InFamous commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  Post Deleted.
                                  Last edited by InFamous; Fri May 15th, 2020, 00:59.

• Originally posted by ReubenWalton View Post

Where are you hearing chipmunk vocals?
                                In basically spreaded in the whole MIAMTEC album

Comment

• IF unforgettable reached #1, people would criticize Mariah for jumping on a hit song and that it shouldn't count towards her tally.

how is this any different to what Nicki and Beyonce did?

it feels like Mariah has to abide by different rules, but Nicki and Beyonce get a free pass.
                                  #DOUBLE-STANDARDS

Comment

• InFamous
                                    InFamous commented
                                    Editing a comment
                                    Not different. It was the exact same thing which was my point to those people who criticized Bey/Nicki here. And it would have counted towards her tally if it reached number one. Same as everyones features/duets/verses counts for them . Rules are the same for everyone when it comes to this stuff on Billboard. They would have counted it and they will count it if she does it again and it hits no 1. .
                                    Last edited by InFamous; Fri May 15th, 2020, 00:45.

• Comment

• I would LOVE for Mariah to collab with one of these hot streaming artists and get another high charting hit. #20 needs to happen. I don't care if it's a remix or a new song like IKWYW. Mariah should go for it and everyone should deal with it when she ties The Beatles.
                                    http://oi42.tinypic.com/2m3lnpv.jpg

Follow me on LastFM: http://www.lastfm.es/user/S-Yair

www.instagram.com/sebastiansuaid/

Comment

• I just cannot enjoy Doja Cat “Say So” when “I’m That Chick” exists
                                      #CAUTION

Comment

• Originally posted by sYair View Post
                                        I would LOVE for Mariah to collab with one of these hot streaming artists and get another high charting hit. #20 needs to happen. I don't care if it's a remix or a new song like IKWYW. Mariah should go for it and everyone should deal with it when she ties The Beatles.
                                        Me too. I don’t care what people will say, she never needed anyone to get to #1 so if she gets one now with the help with some hot current act no one can complain and I’ll love it

Comment

In basically spreaded in the whole MIAMTEC album
                                          I play with and edit and pitch edit audio all the time. I’ve never listened to MIAMTEC and thought “It sounds like a chipmunk!”, I’ve heard where it has a bright young-sounding girly tone but never “chipmunky”.

Comment

Me too. I don’t care what people will say, she never needed anyone to get to #1 so if she gets one now with the help with some hot current act no one can complain and I’ll love it
                                            Yes! Better yet actually surpass the Beatles and silence the haters and the heterosexual male rock establishment forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by ReubenWalton View Post

I play with and edit and pitch edit audio all the time. I’ve never listened to MIAMTEC and thought “It sounds like a chipmunk!”, I’ve heard where it has a bright young-sounding girly tone but never “chipmunky”.
                                              I think he means when she uses a lighter technique, more throat and not a lot of stomach, like in “Money”
                                              #CAUTION

Comment

• "chipmunky" = nasal, thin, light, super girly sound that lacks richness and depth.

She sounded like that on half of MIAM.

Comment

• Super OT, but "Dedicated" & "Giving Me Life" are some of the greatest songs from her whole incredible catalog.

Both in my Top 10.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X