Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post
    Super OT, but "Dedicated" & "Giving Me Life" are some of the greatest songs from her whole incredible catalog.

Both in my Top 10.
    100%.

Comment

• Originally posted by allygdale View Post

I think he means when she uses a lighter technique, more throat and not a lot of stomach, like in “Money”
      Money ($ * / ...) could've been a 10/10 track.
      The song is amazing. But the vocals were... not my cup of tea.

Comment

• Love her catchphrase "Since 1902"

Comment

• Happy 30th Anniversary to Vision of Love!!
          See latest news on Reports, Infractions & Bans
          See Mariah Carey's Memoir thread

Comment

• The song that makes me shiver every time...VOL. Happy Happy Anniversary, cheers, toast, bravo!

Comment

• Happy Anniversary VOL

So I'm seeing on Twitter that there's a #JusticeForCaution movement taking place today. Are y'all aware? Is everyone behind it?

Last edited by sm3; Fri May 15th, 2020, 11:46.

Comment

• Anyone know why Fantasy is seeing a bump on iTunes?

Comment

• ^You mean other than it being an amazing song?
                  No idea.

Justice for Caution now? Interesting...
                  I think the debut needs some love and attention... and today is the start of that!
                  MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• Originally posted by InfoFromAus View Post
                    ^You mean other than it being an amazing song?
                    No idea.

Justice for Caution now? Interesting...
                    I think the debut needs some love and attention... and today is the start of that!
                    It seems to mark the anniversary of VOL lambs are giving justice to her 15th studio album. I've embedded the tweet in the edited post. Look at it

Comment

• If everything is going to be a justice moment it kind of loses it's value.
                      "Lift up your head
                      Lift up your heart..."

https://soundcloud.com/jaspervanbeve...orest-of-glass

Comment

• The debut album really is taking me places this morning. You Need Me >>>>>

Originally posted by Hejira View Post
                        If everything is going to be a justice moment it kind of loses it's value.
                        Yeah I agree. I think it has already lost value and perhaps even interest. Not based on lambs solely of course, but because others have also usurped the tactic.

But, can we count all consequent justice movements as part of Glitter's impact and influence? lol

Comment

• emotional

Last edited by bm08; Fri May 15th, 2020, 14:33.

Comment

• "the day we first met" She's so cute!

(@mm2912, I edited your post so that the social media embed would show up. I hope this is okay.)

Comment

• https://soundcloud.com/mofei-1/gtfo-...sion-demo-live
                              How Abt you ( #GTFO) -my new demo

Comment

• Caution just made a huge jump into the Top 500 albums on iTunes. I really think the Debut album should be getting the love today but I won't complain.

Comment

• 3 decades!

My absolute favourite and GOAT of all time

Comment

• Comment

• The first time we met. Mariah is an angel right there. so cute and right. 1990, May 15th is when we all were born...
                                      My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post
                                        "chipmunky" = nasal, thin, light, super girly sound that lacks richness and depth.

She sounded like that on half of MIAM.
                                        Luckily I have a different edition. On my copy of MIAM she sounds incredible.
                                        My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post

Luckily I have a different edition. On my copy of MIAM she sounds incredible.
                                          on mine as well.. maybe we got the original copy of the album and whatever the others bought was a bootleg from Bangladesh or sth.
                                          My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by Cyclone View Post
                                            Caution just made a huge jump into the Top 500 albums on iTunes. I really think the Debut album should be getting the love today but I won't complain.
                                            #182 now
                                            Mariah Carey the best singer of all time
                                            My Queen! My Goddess! My Idol!
                                            Forever and always!

Comment

• Lambs should push the Debut to DIAMOND certification for Mariah's 30th anniversary

Comment

• Mariah Carey the best singer of all time
                                                Forever and always!

Comment

• Mariah Carey the best singer of all time
                                                  Forever and always!

Comment

• Although I've been a fan since Vision Of Love, of course I wasn't a fan on the day it was released. I'm not sure when it was released here, but it entered the Dutch Top 40 at the end of July. In my memory it must have probably been August when I noticed this amazing uplifting epic anthem. It made me buy the album and I've been a fan ever since.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cyclone View Post
                                                      I really think the Debut album should be getting the love today but I won't complain.

Comment

• I was searching for the clip where she had a "new body". She had lost a lot of weight and showed it, while the Dub Version of Make It Happen was played. Can't find it anymore on YouTube. Anyone?

Comment

• I'm listening to her debut album and it's really aged well. Old-school, simple melodies, yes, but rich nonetheless, and that voice! What a genesis!
                                                          Akini's Top 100 Albums of the Decade: [Starting soon]

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post
                                                            I was searching for the clip where she had a "new body". She had lost a lot of weight and showed it, while the Dub Version of Make It Happen was played. Can't find it anymore on YouTube. Anyone?
                                                            That was on the Rosie Show 2011 when she was advertising Jenny Craig.

Comment

• Originally posted by skyfall007 View Post

That was on the Rosie Show 2011 when she was advertising Jenny Craig.

Thanks! Found it now.

Comment

Working...
                                                              X