Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Yay i was just playing Glitter all day since last week and now it seems like she is uploading it on streaming services.
      just wanna share with you guys my Glitter story. I first heard about glitter in 6th grade, i was just starting to be a lamb then.
      Never Too Far is huge in my country but i didn't know it was from Glitter.
      then i heard Loverboy, i didn't like it at first because i am used to balladriah. (yes i haven't heard her fantasy, dreamlover, heartbreaker, honey and etc yet because i was just starting as a lamb) and her ballads are huge here. then i discovered Lead the way and i was shookt.. then i found out about the movie and liked it instantly. didn't even realized that it was negatively criticized so i was shocked when i found out about it. but since then i became a fan of Glitter and it is one of my favorite of hers.
      When i was in later grade i used to visit my friends house in country and saw her mom's collection of cds and she had the soundtrack lol.
      and when i was in college, i have a friend who i least thought would be fan of her. but when i visited her house she had the cd as well lol.

My fave Glitter tracks ranking

1. I didn't mean to turn You on
      2. Lead the way
      3. All my life
      4. Loverboy Remix
      5. If we

P.S The feeling of discovering her discography is unexplainable. it's like walking through the stairs of heaven

Mariah Carey- The Queen of Queens And The Goddess of Goddesses

Comment

• SmartIsNewSexy
        SmartIsNewSexy commented
        Editing a comment
        Im really glad Glitter received justice and reached #1.

Lead the way still remains one of her Greatest vocal performances

• OMFG

Comment

• OMG WHAT IS SHE AFTER?!?!?!!

Comment

• LMFAO she's hilarious. She's making a moment out of this.
          "Lift up your head
          Lift up your heart..."

https://soundcloud.com/jaspervanbeve...orest-of-glass

Comment

• GLITTER IS COMING!!!

Comment

• I hope she’s not hacked again, cuz I really need this on my Spotify

Comment

• Originally posted by Marchum View Post
                I hope she’s not hacked again, cuz I really need this on my Spotify
                Probably at midnight like every release.
                it must be funny for the people who doesn’t know glitter and are wondering who the f— is Billie Frank lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Marchum View Post
                  I hope she’s not hacked again, cuz I really need this on my Spotify
                  It's already on spotify in multiple countries. Wait till 00:00
                  "Lift up your head
                  Lift up your heart..."

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post
                    It's only being broken by huge artists. Drake, Justin, Ariana. It's not like random artists are doing it.
                    Also Mariah played the rules to her advantage back then too. She/her team used to let her songs grow on radio first to maximize airplay, then drop the physicals later to go for those high positions. Charts have always been a game !
                    There are 38 songs to debut at #1 in Billboard Hot 100 history. Only 10 of them are before 2000, and all those 10 were massive worldwide hits from huge artists. Some of the #1 debuts that followed are completely forgettable songs. If it was so easy to “play the rules” back then why wasn’t everyone doing it?

Comment

• InFamous
                      InFamous commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Streaming only started being counted in 2013 so in fact there were 21 songs to debut at 1 before streaming was a thing. Your cut off of the year 2000 seems completely random, seeing as your whole original point as that it was due to streaming. OSD is largely forgotten, even among the lambily it is not mentioned much. Exhale by Whitney is pretty much forgotten outside of her fans. I never said everyone was doing that, I gave you a tactic that Mariah used to her advantage during certain singles. Ariana has had loads of singles released that didn't come close to debuting at No 1, or didnt come anywhere near reaching number one. For example I have never heard of Clay Aiken or his single that debuted at no 1. That does not mean he does not deserve to have it. Doesn't make any difference if something is forgettable or not, sometimes a surge of interest in something, for whatever reason, will take it to number one. Thats the world we now live in. You should stop obsessing so much over records and just enjoy the music. Do you think that anyone in the real world outside of music forums actually even knows Mariah had this "record" let alone that Ariana just tied it. It's really not important

• I saw the twitter makeover !!!

You what I’m missing from the Glitter soundtrack ? Lillie’s Blues... it’s a stone groove smash song, imo
                    If you have 5 minutes, please check out my song "Alibi" on YouTube.

Comment

So do you then want Mariah's record for number ones to be presented as:

Pre Streaming Era - 18
                      Streaming Era - 1
                      I wouldn’t mind this.

Originally posted by InFamous

Plus - all the accolades that she achieved with All I want for Christmas is you thanks to its HUGE streaming power to be also broken down in that way. You complain about streaming when it suits, but Mariah also benefits hugely from it. You seem to forget that.
                      I haven’t forgotten. I acknowledge that streaming helped AIWFCIY to get to #1. All I’m saying is streaming has changed the landscape of the charts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Migrate View Post
                        I saw the twitter makeover !!!

You what I’m missing from the Glitter soundtrack ? Lillie’s Blues... it’s a stone groove smash song, imo
                        Lillie's Blues is the best song Mariah wrote for the movie. Hope there will be an edition someday that includes Mariah singing it herself.
                        My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• SmartIsNewSexy
                          SmartIsNewSexy commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Lillies blues?

How do i not know this song....

• RayRay
                          RayRay commented
                          Editing a comment
                          It's in the movie sung by her screen mother, but written by Mariah.

• Originally posted by Migrate View Post
                        Haha what is up with that picture ! I love when the Lambily is making theories... I would be VERY interested to read her memoirs. I wonder if she would consider doing something «musical » with the book... not A musical but write songs to accompany our reading.
                        Alicia Keys does some piano and singy interludes on her audiobook. I definitely hope Mariah does the same. Some nice acapella moments!

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post

Lillie's Blues is the best song Mariah wrote for the movie. Hope there will be an edition someday that includes Mariah singing it herself.
                          She did sing it herself, they just pitched up her vocals.
                          "Lift up your head
                          Lift up your heart..."

Comment

• I hope she also upload all glitter music videos to YouTube. It’s about time

Comment

• Mariah changed her screen name to Billie Frank!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hejira View Post

She did sing it herself, they just pitched up her vocals.
                              If that was the case, wouldn’t the lambily be able to pitch down and get her real vocals?

Comment

• Queen was giving us the clues that she was about to release a whole album using the same technique a decade later...

Comment

• Don't be surprised if Glitter reaches #1 iTunes AGAIN!

Glitter has become a Cult CLASSIC!

Comment

• Mariah needs to Re-release Lead the Way!
                                    get that 20th #1

Comment

• It's just past midnight here, but no Glitter on Spotify. Maybe we have to wait till it's midnight in the USA?
                                      My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• No Glitter On Apple Music in Spain...yet

Comment

• Just saw Loverboy and Lead the Way uploaded in her YT Channel but i can't seem to see it when i visit the channel.

Loverboy

Lead the Way

Comment

Streaming only started being counted in 2013 so in fact there were 21 songs to debut at 1 before streaming was a thing. Your cut off of the year 2000 seems completely random, seeing as your whole original point as that it was due to streaming. OSD is largely forgotten, even among the lambily it is not mentioned much. Exhale by Whitney is pretty much forgotten outside of her fans. I never said everyone was doing that, I gave you a tactic that Mariah used to her advantage during certain singles. Ariana has had loads of singles released that didn't come close to debuting at No 1, or didnt come anywhere near reaching number one. For example I have never heard of Clay Aiken or his single that debuted at no 1. That does not mean he does not deserve to have it. Doesn't make any difference if something is forgettable or not, sometimes a surge of interest in something, for whatever reason, will take it to number one. Thats the world we now live in. You should stop obsessing so much over records and just enjoy the music. Do you think that anyone in the real world outside of music forums actually even knows Mariah had this "record" let alone that Ariana just tied it. It's really not important
                                            Fair comment - I guess I was referring to the digital era (post 2000) as well as the streaming era. I stand by my comment that I think it’s become easier to debut at #1 over time, but I’m not here to argue with you. Peace.

Comment

• This is so exciting, It's like new music is about to be released!!! so glad Mariah is finally giving #JusticeForGlitter
                                              #mariahcarey #lambforlife

Comment

• The full album is uploaded on her YT channel!
                                                "Lift up your head
                                                Lift up your heart..."

Comment

• SmartIsNewSexy
                                                  SmartIsNewSexy commented
                                                  Editing a comment
                                                  A+wesome!
                                                  This stuff is starting now

• The description says

℗ 2001 MARIAH

Interesting.
                                                "Lift up your head
                                                Lift up your heart..."

Comment

The full album is uploaded on her YT channel!
                                                  I can't seem to see the full album on my end. Can you send the link please. Thanks.

Comment

The description says

℗ 2001 MARIAH

Interesting.
                                                    Cause shes the owner of the masters of glitter

Comment

Working...
                                                    X