No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I‘m happy she kept her promise Last year she mentioned to work hard for bringing the album back on download and streaming platforms. She made it and the album is very good.

Nice HBO is broadcasting the movie once again, but the time of day is not friendly. However it‘s an old movie.

Comment

• Originally posted by Canadaniel View Post

Nice HBO is broadcasting the movie once again, but the time of day is not friendly. However it‘s an old movie.
      Yeah, I agree.

I do think its amazing that HBO is playing it though. They are huge even if they are not as accessible as one of the big four

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by WaitYourTurn View Post
          Everyone talks about Memoirs being her most cohesive piece of work here, in terms of flow and concept.

Glitter is by far her most cohesive piece of work
          I agree about the concept on Glitter being the most cohesive - along with Butterfly & Caution.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post

I agree about the concept on Glitter being the most cohesive - along with Butterfly & Caution.
            Dahling, stop reading my thoughts.

Memoirs was also a concept album, but was poorly-executed.

Comment

• Shaka
              Shaka commented
              Editing a comment
              I agree! I still love Memoirs tho! <3

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post

Yeah, I agree.

I do think its amazing that HBO is playing it though. They are huge even if they are not as accessible as one of the big four
            But it’s 8 in the morning. Nobody gonna watch it

Comment

• I dont know why any of you is expecting Glitter to be broadcasted on Sunday at 10pm on HBO. We should be thankful its being shown at all, even if its for 15 of us.

My biggest wish is for us to finally get the original Firecracker version of Loverboy!

Comment

Comment

• I really really love Glitter, it's groovy, funky, hiphop flavoured. It's very funny to listen to it and she really put many influences on it. She took here her version of the 80s

Comment

• The songs are starting to climb too, hands down to Spain
                    **Never Too Far**

iTunes:

[#68 Spain](https://kworb.net/charts/itunes/es.html)

iTunes:

[#176 Spain](https://kworb.net/charts/itunes/es.html)

**Last Night a DJ Saved My Life**

iTunes:

[#177 Spain](https://kworb.net/charts/itunes/es.html)

**Reflections**

iTunes:

[#178 Spain](https://kworb.net/charts/itunes/es.html)

**Didn't Mean to Turn You On**

iTunes:

[#180 Spain](https://kworb.net/charts/itunes/es.html)

**If We**

iTunes:

[#181 Spain](https://kworb.net/charts/itunes/es.html)

**Lead the Way**

iTunes:

[#182 Spain](https://kworb.net/charts/itunes/es.html)

**All My Life**

iTunes:

[#179 Spain](https://kworb.net/charts/itunes/es.html)

[#285 Mexico](https://kworb.net/charts/itunes/mx.html)

**Twister**

iTunes:

[#175 Spain](https://kworb.net/charts/itunes/es.html)

Comment

• Originally posted by mm2912 View Post

But it’s 8 in the morning. Nobody gonna watch it
                      I agree with you. But still, HBO is a big deal despite the time.

Comment

• Glitter is # 14

Comment

• i hope some of the songs from Glitter would go viral on tiktok, just to boost up its streaming.
                          Mariah Carey- The Queen of Queens And The Goddess of Goddesses

Comment

• Such a festive day! Streaming "All my Life" currently.

The arrangement of the pictures on the Insta post is awesome!

I can't at the album coming for #1 on iTunes... again lol
                            http://oi42.tinypic.com/2m3lnpv.jpg

Follow me on LastFM: http://www.lastfm.es/user/S-Yair

www.instagram.com/sebastiansuaid/

Comment

• Glitter #14 iTunes !

this stuff is starting now
                              this stuff ia statting now

Comment

• it would be nice if she put out some signed copies of Glitter for grabs. that'd be awesome to have 1.
                                Mariah Carey- The Queen of Queens And The Goddess of Goddesses

Comment

• Originally posted by MimiCici View Post
                                  it would be nice if she put out some signed copies of Glitter for grabs. that'd be awesome to have 1.
                                  She's probably still signing AIWFC copies lol
                                  http://oi42.tinypic.com/2m3lnpv.jpg

Follow me on LastFM: http://www.lastfm.es/user/S-Yair

www.instagram.com/sebastiansuaid/

Comment

• SmartIsNewSexy
                                    SmartIsNewSexy commented
                                    Editing a comment
                                    Hahaahah

Did u know that over 20,000 copies were sold ;)

Poor Mimi.....

it would be nice if she put out some signed copies of Glitter for grabs. that'd be awesome to have 1.
                                  I don’t think there will be physical copies since the virgin records don’t Long exist and it would probably b too expensive for Mariah to make them just for some few copies

Comment

• Originally posted by delapuerta View Post
                                    I really really love Glitter, it's groovy, funky, hiphop flavoured. It's very funny to listen to it and she really put many influences on it. She took here her version of the 80s
                                    And fun!

Comment

The vinyl version

Comment

• 2 songs are climbing on iTunes songs

iTunes US
                                        1387. Didn’t Mean to Turn You On
                                        1467. Loverboy

Comment

• The visuals her team did are cool !
                                          i haven’t had the chance to listen to the album yet but I can’t wait to rediscover this album. It’s been a while !
                                          some songs I was never able to appreciate (want you, if we...) perhaps this will be my epiphany.
                                          If you have 5 minutes, please check out my song "Alibi" on YouTube.

Comment

• Wait, I finally get to play "Lead the Way" on Spotify?
                                            Akini's Top 400 Songs of the Decade: [2-1!]

Comment

• So glad to finally have Glitter available everywhere! Even though I was hoping for some extras things like unreleased songs and stuff.
                                              That album is a masterpiece, the ballads are some of her best ever and the uptempos are also freaking amazing, especially Loverboy and Want You! This album should have sold 30 millions copies worldwide!

Comment

• I love "IF We".

The way the writers/producers almost replicated that track for Thalia's attempt at crossing over was worse than the JLO sample thing IMO. I was shocked when I heard it.

Comment

Comment

• the stuff is staring now
                                                    https://soundcloud.com/mofei-1/gtfo-...sion-demo-live
                                                    How Abt you ( #GTFO) -my new demo

Comment

• Glitter is the #7 on the global Itunes albums chart today. SEVENTH... (It's also top 10 in France).

Glitter has already sold 110,000 units in the country. Time to add some more copies to the tally.

In Europe the album has so far sold 420,000 copies (up until 2016).

Where does it rank among her discography?

8,100,000 - 1993 - Music Box
                                                      3,600,000 - 1998 - #1's
                                                      3,550,000 - 1995 - Daydream
                                                      2,120,000 - 1994 - Merry Christmas
                                                      1,650,000 - 1999 - Rainbow
                                                      1,610,000 - 1992 - MTV Unplugged
                                                      1,550,000 - 2001 - Greatest Hits
                                                      1,520,000 - 1990 - Debut
                                                      1,500,000 - 1997 - Butterfly
                                                      1,250,000 - 2005 - The Emancipation of Mimi
                                                      1,250,000 - 1991 - Emotions
                                                      740,000 - 2002 - Charmbracelet
                                                      420,000 - 2001 - Glitter
                                                      350,000 - 2009 - The Ballads
                                                      340,000 - 2008 - E=MC˛
                                                      180,000 - 2009 - Memoirs of an Imperfect Angel
                                                      100,000 - 2010 - Merry Christmas II You
                                                      80,000 - 2015 - #1 to Infinity
                                                      70,000 - 2003 - The Remixes
                                                      55,000 - 2014 - Me. I am Mariah
                                                      30,000 - 2018 - Caution
                                                      = 30,065,000
                                                      My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                                                        Glitter is the #7 on the global Itunes albums chart today. SEVENTH... (It's also top 10 in France).

Glitter has already sold 110,000 units in the country. Time to add some more copies to the tally.

In Europe the album has so far sold 420,000 copies (up until 2016).

Where does it rank among her discography?

8,100,000 - 1993 - Music Box
                                                        3,600,000 - 1998 - #1's
                                                        3,550,000 - 1995 - Daydream
                                                        2,120,000 - 1994 - Merry Christmas
                                                        1,650,000 - 1999 - Rainbow
                                                        1,610,000 - 1992 - MTV Unplugged
                                                        1,550,000 - 2001 - Greatest Hits
                                                        1,520,000 - 1990 - Debut
                                                        1,500,000 - 1997 - Butterfly
                                                        1,250,000 - 2005 - The Emancipation of Mimi
                                                        1,250,000 - 1991 - Emotions
                                                        740,000 - 2002 - Charmbracelet
                                                        420,000 - 2001 - Glitter
                                                        350,000 - 2009 - The Ballads
                                                        340,000 - 2008 - E=MC˛
                                                        180,000 - 2009 - Memoirs of an Imperfect Angel
                                                        100,000 - 2010 - Merry Christmas II You
                                                        80,000 - 2015 - #1 to Infinity
                                                        70,000 - 2003 - The Remixes
                                                        55,000 - 2014 - Me. I am Mariah
                                                        30,000 - 2018 - Caution
                                                        = 30,065,000
                                                        340,000 - 2008 - E=MC˛
                                                        I can’t with that huge flop

Comment

• Why do you think it has taken this long to release Glitter on streaming?

Also, is it expensive to get an album like this on streaming?

Comment

Working...
                                                          X