Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by allygdale View Post

I wish it were an anniversary edition of Mariah Carey, but it is probably the book
    I really wish we will get an anniversary edition of the debut

Comment

• Originally posted by SpyVsSpy View Post

This is the only song from the album that has aged well imo.
      It’s also a bit Elton John-ish, which I like.
      I love the uptempos.

Comment

• As beautiful as Reflections is, I just can't listen to it.
        Its too deep!

If I'm not quite good enough
        Or somehow undeserving of A mother's love
        You could have had the decency
        To give me up
        Before you gave me life
        Don't you even care
        Just the slightest little bit for me
        Cause I really need to feel you cared...

Comment

• SmartIsNewSexy
          SmartIsNewSexy commented
          Editing a comment
          Miss you most (at christmas time), is ANOTHER mariah song i cannot listen to.... :(

• Originally posted by SpyVsSpy View Post

This is the only song from the album that has aged well imo.
        It’s also a bit Elton John-ish, which I like.
        How can an 80's sounding album not age well when the intention was a throwback to begin with

Comment

• Originally posted by Hejira View Post

How can an 80's sounding album not age well when the intention was a throwback to begin with
          Lol true

Comment

• https://www.idolator.com/7910816/mar...romo-a-gallery
            You donít have to be afraid of what you are!

Comment

• Glitter has aged like a funky throwback from the future. For the nostalgia, yet still ahead of its time, even now.
              You donít have to be afraid of what you are!

Comment

• Do I get right that Mariah has bought the Masters for Glitter and from now on will get 100% of income out of the album?

Comment

• Originally posted by SmartIsNewSexy View Post
                  As beautiful as Reflections is, I just can't listen to it.
                  Its too deep!

Reflections captures exactly how I feel about the woman who birthed me and bounced. I can relate to it and Outside like most people relate to Hero. And I can’t stand Hero.

Comment

• Originally posted by MariahKremlin View Post
                    Do I get right that Mariah has bought the Masters for Glitter and from now on will get 100% of income out of the album?
                    Virgin let her walk away with 100% ownership of it. They literally washed their hands of her, made fun of her afterward, and went belly up as she reclaimed her throne in 2005.

It’s not her style, but I really hope she takes a vindication lap in the book. The guy who took over as Virgin’s then-new president blamed all of the label’s hardships on her.

Comment

• Originally posted by banksy View Post

Reflections captures exactly how I feel about the woman who birthed me and bounced. I can relate to it and Outside like most people relate to Hero. And I can’t stand Hero.
                      I’m sorry

Comment

• banksy
                        banksy commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Thank you. It is what it is. <3

• Originally posted by MariahKremlin View Post
                      Do I get right that Mariah has bought the Masters for Glitter and from now on will get 100% of income out of the album?
                      I think she had the masters when she left and finally got hold of the publishing recently, which is kind of a unique situation because its usually the other way round.

Comment

• Thank you banksy & ferrero

Comment

• Mariah Carey the best singer of all time
                          My Queen! My Goddess! My Idol!
                          Forever and always!

Comment

• AutomaticPrince
                            AutomaticPrince commented
                            Editing a comment
                            The wig isn't pulled down enough. lol. Happened to her all the time during the Stella era.

• Originally posted by Hejira View Post

If We has that distinct early-2000s/Murder Inc. sound, and that’s before you even get to the presence of Nate Dogg and Ja Rule on the song. It’s a cute song, but it is very much of its time.

Don’t Stop kind of falls victim to this, too, and the presence of that rapist rapper is a big part of it.

I love the Glitter soundtrack, but Mariah kind of missed the mark when it came to making an old sound current while fusing it with what was popular at the time. She got it right on some songs, like Loverboy, Didn’t Mean, Want You, and All My Life, but on others, not so much.

Reflections, Lead The Way, and Never Too Far sound like songs she would have done in the 90s.
                          Last edited by banksy; Sat May 23rd, 2020, 17:54.

Comment

• WaitYourTurn
                            WaitYourTurn commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Completely disagree. For me it still sounds fresh and modern today. Timeless.

• banksy
                            banksy commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Yeah, it sounds fresh if you're in your sixties and haven't listened to a radio in decades, lol

• WaitYourTurn
                            WaitYourTurn commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Thankfully music is subjective and we can all have an individual opinion on it eh

• We’re back... that was torture
                          Iíll just sit right here and sing that good old school sh@* to you!

Comment

• I really DETEST that Mariah wasn't credited on "Babyface Everytime I close my eyes"

Comment

• redhorse2016a
                              redhorse2016a commented
                              Editing a comment
                              The primary reason I kept on playing that song repeatedly way back then was to listen to Mariah's parts.

• Comment

• Will she perform?

Comment

• It seems Mariah's record of having 3 debut no. 1s at Hot 100 will be broken soon by Ariana thru her new single with Lady Gaga. Oh well, congrats still.

Comment

• Anderson
                                  Anderson commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  Omg Is that confirmed already?
                                  Streaming era is mess!!

• Comment

• Originally posted by redhorse2016a View Post
                                It seems Mariah's record of having 3 debut no. 1s at Hot 100 will be broken soon by Ariana thru her new single with Lady Gaga. Oh well, congrats still.
                                At least is by two talented women

Comment

• Cardi b was listening to Loverboy!

Comment

• Originally posted by redhorse2016a View Post
                                    It seems Mariah's record of having 3 debut no. 1s at Hot 100 will be broken soon by Ariana thru her new single with Lady Gaga. Oh well, congrats still.

The record should've only been TIED at 3.

the #1 with justin shouldn't have counted. Its a complete flop and underserving.

Mess!

Comment

• InFamous
                                      InFamous commented
                                      Editing a comment
                                      I agree that the track is completely forgettable, but a No 1 is a No 1.

• Pop Diva Super Starlet

im gonna use that title for Mariah moving forward

Comment

• Since she is being so nostalgic towards Glitter, fans should campaign to have her let us hear the original "Loverboy".
                                      Last edited by iHypeMusic; Mon May 25th, 2020, 02:42.

Comment

• Originally posted by iHypeMusic View Post
                                        Since she is being so nostalgic towards Glitter, fans should campaign to have her let us hear the original "Loverboy".
                                        Or for her to sing Turn Me Loose!

Comment

• What was the Prince song that was supposed to be for Glitter soundtrack?

Comment

• Something that I've always wanted to hear was the original Firecracker sample of Loverboy. In fact, I'm surprised that - as much as Mariah fans (specifically Brazilian) are able to leak so much - the original Loverboy hasn't been leaked. This song and Mariah's version of Where Are You Christmas are like the holy grails of the Mariah fandom...

Comment

• Always be my baby & My all & Loverboy should've debuted #1... These 3 songs unluckily debuted #2 sigh...

Comment

Working...
                                              X