Natural beauty

• mm2912
      mm2912 commented
      Editing a comment
      Monroe 10 years from now ready to slay the whole world

• Shaka
      Shaka commented
      Editing a comment
      OMG she looks so cute and adorable here.

• Originally posted by allygdale View Post

Yes she did, that and Inseparable have aged best for me
    Totally agree!!

Comment

Yes she did, that and Inseparable have aged best for me
      And Betcha Gon' Know!
      And of course Obsessed could still be a hit if released today.

Comment

These pictures of debutriah are stunning!

http://www.mariahcareynetwork.com/ga...90/#sweden90-2
        Her facial features are perfection.

Comment

• Empress Of Agility & Musicianship.

Comment

• Btw, Mariah has been liking lots of Ari's latest pics:

I'm happy that they're cool with each other

Comment

• LOL @ 1:48

She was DRIFTING, DRIFTING, DRIFTING...
            Just a DEVIANT, PERTURBED, DERANGED, MACABRE, MANIAC, LUNATIC, IRRATIONAL PSYCHO-TO-BE.

Comment

• Celebrating 6 Years Of Mariah Carey’s ‘The Elusive Chanteuse’

Mariah Carey released her 14th studio album, the amazingly-titled Me. I Am Mariah… The Elusive Chanteuse, on this day in 2014. And it underperformed commercially — at least by the vocal legend’s lofty standards. The absurdity of the project’s fate has only become clearer with the passage of time. Few records released in the early 2010s have aged as gracefully as The Elusive Chanteuse. The album’s old-school approach to R&B — namely, songs that focus on atmosphere and vocals — has rendered it timeless.

One of the reasons for the lukewarm reception (apart from people not having taste) was the chaotic rollout. The Elusive Chanteuse suffered from delays, musical chairs at the label, curious single choices and rumors of a surprise drop in the wake of Beyoncé’s self-titled LP. By the time it arrived, the general public was confused and the album’s lead single, Mariah & Miguel’s exquisite “#Beautiful,” was already a year old. I can’t help but think how different things might have been if “#Beautiful” was followed by “Faded” or “Thirsty.”

But that’s beside the point. Me. I Am Mariah… The Elusive Chanteuse is an artistic triumph. Songs like the aforementioned “Faded,” “Dedicated” (a stone-cold classic) and “Camouflage” stand toe-to-toe with any in Mimi’s iconic discography, while “Cry.” is the closest you will get to hearing God’s voice while still breathing. And then there are the bops. “Thirsty” still goes hard, “Meteorite” is a party-starting jam and “You Don’t Know What to Do” spreads good vibes like a virus. There isn’t a dud on the whole album.

Revisit the majesty of Me. I Am Mariah… The Elusive Chanteuse below. Can this please be the next album we get justice for? It deserves to be heard by as many people as possible.
              DEBBIE GIBSON 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post
                Btw, Mariah has been liking lots of Ari's latest pics:

I'm happy that they're cool with each other
                It's great, because Ariana adores Mariah for sure. I love if they collab at some point in their careers

Comment

• Originally posted by delapuerta View Post

It's great, because Ariana adores Mariah for sure. I love if they collab at some point in their careers
                  I love she is very respectful as well. She seems like the kind of girl who can be very friend with mariah once they meet in real life. Hopefully soon. I love then both. More mariah obviously

Comment

• https://people.com/music/britney-spe...ongs-playlist/

we love Britney!!!

Comment

• Anyone has the full MP3 to share

| Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

• WaitYourTurn
                        WaitYourTurn commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I have this on CD in the attic somewhere! Memories

• Hey lambs I think you'll like this!

The fourth remix samples an Abba song!
                      Last edited by thiagoln; Fri May 29th, 2020, 23:20.

Comment

• i know this will never happen but im listening to Chromatica by Gaga rn and i would kill for Bloodpop to do a Mariah album or even just one song idc... aha like the fact Gaga has flawlessly went from pop albums to jazz album to experimental pop with artpop to adult contemporary with Star is Born, to semi country influenced album with joanne and back to a dance pop album.... i wish Mariah would step out of her rnb comfort zone and show a bit more range in the type of music she puts out. No hate im a huge Mariah stan and i love her like no other artist but I just wish she took more risks, cause others seem to jump from genre to genre and Mariah seems stubborn to stay put
                        Last edited by dancamz; Fri May 29th, 2020, 23:55.

Comment

• SpyVsSpy
                          SpyVsSpy commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I get what you mean. But it depends on mariah as an artiste if she wants to, and not for the sake of being different. Maybe one day she’ll be inspired to do something really unexpected.

• dancamz
                          dancamz commented
                          Editing a comment
                          yeah i get its probably a conscious decision she has made, but like it doesnt hurt to experiment sometimes, even if she doesnt commit a whole album to it, maybe even a song or 2? i mean she hasn't much to lose at this point so why not experiment and see what happens? like i said i love her but i cant help but feel the lack of mainstream success in recent era's post 2009 is partly due to her unwillingness to adapt or try new things rather than a lack of talent or ability

• Originally posted by redhorse2016a View Post

Ariana is set to break Mariah’s hot 100 debut record next chart date. Hope Mariah recognizes this feat as passing of torch similar to when her longest running no 1 record was broken by Old Town Road by Little Nas X.
                        *Lil

Comment

• Lil' off topic - I love Britney's Mood Ring.. Mustard produced it - he did better there than on With You.
                          #mariahcarey #lambforlife

Comment

• Shaka
                            Shaka commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Nope, he didn't.

• Originally posted by Tomer_MC View Post
                          Lil' off topic - I love Britney's Mood Ring.. Mustard produced it - he did better there than on With You.
                          No way.

Comment

• This thread has now crossed 9M views! Amazing milestone!

Comment

• WaitYourTurn
                            WaitYourTurn commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Imagine if admin hadn’t have deleted the original one

• wolfily
                            wolfily commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Dem basic threads could never

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post

No way.
                          With you simplicity is beautiful

Comment

• With You is gorgeous and I still listen to it on a daily basis.

Comment

• She gave everything in this performance - and yet the ease of it all.

She was really unstoppable here.

Comment

• With You is exquisite and delicious. It's my favorite track off Caution. GTFO and One Mo' Gen follow close.
                                Mariah Carey is the first and only artiste to have #1 singles in four different decades
                                Your basic faves could never

Comment

• Originally posted by dancamz View Post
                                  i know this will never happen but im listening to Chromatica by Gaga rn and i would kill for Bloodpop to do a Mariah album or even just one song idc... aha like the fact Gaga has flawlessly went from pop albums to jazz album to experimental pop with artpop to adult contemporary with Star is Born, to semi country influenced album with joanne and back to a dance pop album.... i wish Mariah would step out of her rnb comfort zone and show a bit more range in the type of music she puts out. No hate im a huge Mariah stan and i love her like no other artist but I just wish she took more risks, cause others seem to jump from genre to genre and Mariah seems stubborn to stay put
                                  I agree. Sometimes it gets on my nerve cause Mariah is so talented and her voice suits in every genre and she stays stucked in the same old. And if she wants to keep doing the same album every time she could at least risk in jump in other artists tracks with different sounds

Comment

• I meant production wise..I think overall With You is a better song, more of my style, very Mariah.

Comment

• Comment

• SmartIsNewSexy
                                        SmartIsNewSexy commented
                                        Editing a comment
                                        Mariah has a song for every moment!

There's got to be a way is an A+mazing anthem!
                                        Incredible that she wrote the song at only 20years old.

• She‘s singing There’s Got To Be A Way in her latest IG post.

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                                        This is so moving

Comment

• dancamz
                                          dancamz commented
                                          Editing a comment
                                          Love this, hope we got more debut songs performed for the 30th

• Originally posted by mm2912 View Post

I agree. Sometimes it gets on my nerve cause Mariah is so talented and her voice suits in every genre and she stays stucked in the same old. And if she wants to keep doing the same album every time she could at least risk in jump in other artists tracks with different sounds
                                        This is exactly what I meant. There has never been anything stopping her trying different genres except herself. Her voice and talent can transcend genres just like many other artists do. I for one would love to hear her voice on a pure pop track or a dance track or tbh anything outside rnb.

and I think the fact she hasn’t genre jumped as other of her contemporaries have or more recent artists do regularly has kinda put her into a corner now cause maybe a change this late might be seen as “desperate” but if she had done it through her career as many others do it wouldn’t? Does that make sense idk haha

like don’t get me wrong I love all her music rnb or not and caution is one of my favourites, I’d just love her to try some new stuff, work with people we wouldn’t expect and see what happens, even if it is just one song or 2 rather than a album. And I stand by what I said about her lack of mainstream success after 2009, which I attribute at least partly to the fact she stayed in a genre that went a little out of the mainstream style rather than adapting and trying new things
                                        Last edited by dancamz; Sat May 30th, 2020, 15:58.

Comment

• I think she's tried many things on Caution, alternative producers, sound. It is a stepforward in her sound. I'd love her to do something in the vein of FKA Twigs or write few songs with Solange, but I yhink her sound has grown in a cohesive and coherent way.
                                          Her production has become richer and her voice explores other colors, like the sharp high notes at the end of Standing O imitating an electric guitar.
                                          At some point I'd love if she introduces more caribbean touches, new jazz elements or even real flamenco, but I'm happy with her current sound. With You chords piano progression is beautiful and the song is real af. It always inspires me

Comment

• dancamz
                                            dancamz commented
                                            Editing a comment
                                            I agree with this and I love caution, I just think like I said I’d love to hear something totally left field from her, and I think like I said, while she has refined her sound and been consistent, I can’t help but feel like a lot of what I said is at least partly why her fan base among the general public has shrunk over the years, cause her current music just isn’t connecting with the general public for whatever reason. Like her recent singles are struggling to even make it into the Hot 100 at all and it’s just sad to see as a fan
                                            Last edited by dancamz; Sat May 30th, 2020, 17:04.

• delapuerta
                                            delapuerta commented
                                            Editing a comment
                                            Well dancamz she passed her peak and her music is not what is sounding. I only want her to do something for the mainstream if she wants to. I guess if more conservative album with jazz standards and stuff like will catch the audience eye, but I think she's happy with the music she's doing and she's a songwriter....

• There's Got To Be A Way snippet was very touching. I wish she continuted a lil' more, people need to know about this song.

Comment

Working...
                                          X