Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post

But as far as quality goes, it's one of my least favorites, at least as a whole. But we got these massive gems like CTTA, Bliss, Crybaby, Petals and of course Heartbreaker Orig & Remix. I like the other songs but they work better individually and the production was kinda meh.

The interludes are beautiful btw.

I don't understand it, it's one of my least fave albums yet it has so many songs I like.
    Heartbreaker and its remix, Bliss, Crybaby, CTTA, AAO, After Tonight, TGIFY, Petals are all quality songs... I enjoy them all, yet the album as a whole is one of my least faves.

Perhaps they don't stand out as much as her other songs to me, or I don't think they're as well crafted - like there's something missing.
    MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• Yes, Rainbow has many great songs. However, I hardly ever play albums in full anymore. I make my own playlists and listen on shuffle.
      My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• I always felt a Mariah version of All cried out ( allure song produced by Mariah ) would of fit perfectly into Rainbow.

Comment

• I saw a tweet about this and makes me wonder if its true. Is the rumoured title inspired by Michelle's TIME cover?

1101090601_400.jpg
          Attached Files
          See latest news on Reports, Infractions & Bans
          See Mariah Carey's Memoir thread

Comment

• Daydream crossed 400M on Spotify yesterday

Comment

• Originally posted by ferrero View Post
              Daydream crossed 400M on Spotify yesterday
              What about TEOM?
              Mariah Carey the best singer of all time
              My Queen! My Goddess! My Idol!
              Forever and always!

Comment

• ferrero
                ferrero commented
                Editing a comment
                TEOM - 399,012,810

• https://www.idolator.com/7911900/mar...o-max?chrome=1

Comment

• Originally posted by chanteuse View Post
                I always felt a Mariah version of All cried out ( allure song produced by Mariah ) would of fit perfectly into Rainbow.
                I love that song. But as Mariah usually only goes for one cover, I am glad she went for another song for Rainbow.

Comment

• I wonder how she feels about Long Ago

Comment

• Shaka
                    Shaka commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Underrated track!

• Originally posted by SpyVsSpy View Post
                  Having a no. 1 debut isn’t a spectacular thing anymore.
                  Just generate insane buzz, hit number 1 then disappear.
                  I know.
                  Like most #1s aren't these big hits anymore.

Comment

• Originally posted by InfoFromAus View Post

I don't understand it, it's one of my least fave albums yet it has so many songs I like.
                    Heartbreaker and its remix, Bliss, Crybaby, CTTA, AAO, After Tonight, TGIFY, Petals are all quality songs... I enjoy them all, yet the album as a whole is one of my least faves.

Perhaps they don't stand out as much as her other songs to me, or I don't think they're as well crafted - like there's something missing.
                    Yeah, exactly.
                    Actually the album is full of gems and some great songs - bar 3 filler tracks. Even the interludes are gorgeous.
                    But it lacks something. I think it's the cohesion, it's just not there, 'cause like I said, the songs work better individually. As a whole, there's no flow IMO. Production could've been better too.

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post
                      Yes, Rainbow has many great songs. However, I hardly ever play albums in full anymore. I make my own playlists and listen on shuffle.
                      The only albums I play in full are Butterfly, Charmbracelet, Emotions and Caution - and sometimes Memoirs, but I have to be in that mood.

Comment

• nemospence
                        nemospence commented
                        Editing a comment
                        The only albums I play in full is Caution, E=MC2, and Butterfly. Right now Glitter as well but it will change.

• I love this performance.

Since she was in good voice, I'd like to have the undubbed.

Comment

• Rainbow has amazing tracks but overall it feels like "it's all over the place". I think it's a bit inconsistent in terms of approach. Like, one second she's singing an uplifting inspirational anthem and then she's singing about sex. Then she's doing a ratchet R&B bop followed by a classic latin ballad produced by David Foster. Or you have a song like Did I Do That followed by a deep, obscure and mature song like Petals.

It's like she's constantly shifting from "trendy, currentRiah" to "serious, balladRiah" and for some reason the contrast feels like one weird bittersweet combo.

And somehow, there's a lot of amazing songs in that album. I guess the different sides of her is also part of the "Rainbow" concept she was trying to pull.
                        http://oi42.tinypic.com/2m3lnpv.jpg

Follow me on LastFM: http://www.lastfm.es/user/S-Yair

www.instagram.com/sebastiansuaid/

Comment

• Originally posted by chanteuse View Post
                          I always felt a Mariah version of All cried out ( allure song produced by Mariah ) would of fit perfectly into Rainbow.
                          She’s on the background vocals.

Comment

• Originally posted by sYair View Post
                            Rainbow has amazing tracks but overall it feels like "it's all over the place". I think it's a bit inconsistent in terms of approach. Like, one second she's singing an uplifting inspirational anthem and then she's singing about sex. Then she's doing a ratchet R&B bop followed by a classic latin ballad produced by David Foster. Or you have a song like Did I Do That followed by a deep, obscure and mature song like Petals.

It's like she's constantly shifting from "trendy, currentRiah" to "serious, balladRiah" and for some reason the contrast feels like one weird bittersweet combo.

And somehow, there's a lot of amazing songs in that album. I guess the different sides of her is also part of the "Rainbow" concept she was trying to pull.
                            That’s why she said the album it’s like a rollercoaster

Comment

Rainbow has amazing tracks but overall it feels like "it's all over the place". I think it's a bit inconsistent in terms of approach. Like, one second she's singing an uplifting inspirational anthem and then she's singing about sex. Then she's doing a ratchet R&B bop followed by a classic latin ballad produced by David Foster. Or you have a song like Did I Do That followed by a deep, obscure and mature song like Petals.

That's what I love about Rainbow. It has great ballads, an outstanding inspirational song, some great R&B tracks... something for every mood.

Comment

• Does anyone know why Loverboy's vocal sounds like Mariah is having a cold/blocked nose. Has she ever addressed it? I would kill for a version with regular vocals.

Comment

• Originally posted by skylynx View Post
                                  Does anyone know why Loverboy's vocal sounds like Mariah is having a cold/blocked nose. Has she ever addressed it? I would kill for a version with regular vocals.
                                  Idk, but actually she has blocked neck, her voice changed and it's for her painful sing with "old" voice.

Comment

• It’s being everything so dead in Mariah’s land lately

Comment

• Originally posted by mm2912 View Post
                                      It’s being everything so dead in Mariah’s land lately
                                      I suppose given the time we are in, she wants to not promote herself basically. Plus it means we can look forward to press for the book!
                                      Love you like a love song!

Comment

• Originally posted by skylynx View Post
                                        Does anyone know why Loverboy's vocal sounds like Mariah is having a cold/blocked nose. Has she ever addressed it? I would kill for a version with regular vocals.
                                        I heard there was a rumor she had a cold while recording it but that doesn't sound like something she would do...however we know she had tight deadlines and made so many changes after the J-Lo scandal, etc.

Her tone has never sounded quite like that on any other track that I can think of...
                                        You donít have to be afraid of what you are!

Comment

• Originally posted by mm2912 View Post
                                          It’s being everything so dead in Mariah’s land lately
                                          I think she's still editing the book.

That being said, there is virtually no engagement at the moment. This is what I was talking about earlier a week or so ago.
                                          See latest news on Reports, Infractions & Bans
                                          See Mariah Carey's Memoir thread

Comment

• My favourite MC summer song of the moment is.....

drumroll please....

it is...

yes... you've guessed it.

The amazing

The fabulous...

and enchanting...

incredibly viby and breezy

so fresh sounding and incredibly exciting...

There goes my heart
                                            My Chart

Comment

• Shaka
                                              Shaka commented
                                              Editing a comment
                                              Your taste has improved! Yasss!

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                                            My favourite MC summer song of the moment is.....

drumroll please....

it is...

yes... you've guessed it.

The amazing

The fabulous...

and enchanting...

incredibly viby and breezy

so fresh sounding and incredibly exciting...

There goes my heart
                                            Excellent choice tbh
                                            http://oi42.tinypic.com/2m3lnpv.jpg

Follow me on LastFM: http://www.lastfm.es/user/S-Yair

www.instagram.com/sebastiansuaid/

Comment

Excellent choice tbh
                                              Thank you. My All is too obvious a choice... I reserve My All for hot latin nights with the boo... and TGMH for the beach. Gotta Thing 4 you... is also quite that tune... especially in the car on the way to the beach.

CB bonus tracks slay.
                                              My Chart

Comment

• I can't wait to see and hear from MIMI again. It's been 84 years since she slayed us all with those youtube performances. I'm so ready for the world to return to some form of normalcy.

But in these times... I'm glad that Mariah is safe in her ivory tower luxury appartment complex... high up the streets of NYC...
                                                My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by divingmuffin View Post

I heard there was a rumor she had a cold while recording it but that doesn't sound like something she would do...however we know she had tight deadlines and made so many changes after the J-Lo scandal, etc.

Her tone has never sounded quite like that on any other track that I can think of...

If it's a cold, surely she can wait a week and re-record when she feels better. Also if she has a cold what is she thinking, should've been resting and not doing anything superfluous that makes it worse.

That vocal is now forever.

Very strange, as that style (if it is one) doesnt add anything to the song.

Comment

• Hi Lambs,

not sure if anyone here can help me. I need to get into contact with Melissa or someone close to MC for a project I have in mind. This is a professional proposal involving a custom-made moment for Mariah and not a fan project. Does anyone know her contact/email info that you could share via DM.

thanks kindly,

Comment

• I want WELL MADE new music by Mariah... not book.... .....
                                                      Last edited by Anderson; Sat June 27, 2020, 04:42.

Comment

Working...
                                                      X