No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JoJo <3 (Buy her new album, it's amazing!)

Comment

• Originally posted by MsWeiss View Post
      .I hope there are acapellas of MCIIY. I love her tone on First Noel.
      Her vocals on MCIIY are DIVINE. So close to Merry Xmas, it's crazy.

And yasss her tone on TFN is amazing and BITK Interlude >>>

At least we have the acappellas from OC & CTIITAA

Comment

• markwalde
        markwalde commented
        Editing a comment
        Beautiful! I can't wait for Christmas time after listening to this!

• Originally posted by sYair View Post
      I wonder what will happen to the Hawaii concert in november and if they're planning on adding more concerts. Who knows what will happen with Covid still around, most concerts for this year have been rescheduled to 2021, I haven't heard from any that's been delayed to Q4.
      I don't think she's doing any live concert this year.
      I even wonder if the traditional Xmas Shows are taking place this year. Who knows...

Oh, and btw, we haven't heard anything about her GMA appearance. I hope it's not cancelled.

Comment

• She SLAYED this rendition of My All in Sydney.
        Like damn gurl. She was on fire and went for everything. Her voice was even more agile than SNL.

Comment

• TheRealest
          TheRealest commented
          Editing a comment
          Vision of Love from that night is probably my favorite ever

• Shaka
          Shaka commented
          Editing a comment
          Girl, same. That's my fave VOL performance as well.

• So no "Meet N Greet the Lambily" for the Book release???

I was SOOOO looking forward to that !!!! maybe she can just say 2021 or something......she has always been so close with everyone in public...she's got kids...she can't be un Caution able.......Uuuuuggghhh

Wow...What a World.....who'd ah thought .....we'd end up here

Oh well....Maybe she could do like.....LIVE.....Zoom.....LAMBILY GROUP......i.e. each introduces themselves in front the group.....video signings and then they send the book off???

Originally posted by Shaka View Post

I don't think she's doing any live concert this year.
        I even wonder if the traditional Xmas Shows are taking place this year. Who knows...

Oh, and btw, we haven't heard anything about her GMA appearance. I hope it's not cancelled.
        http://www.singsnap.com/karaoke/r/bdbb01921

Comment

• WE ALLL adore it....!!! (I think!)

was sooo Xcited when I got a track on that/......underrated GEM

Originally posted by TheRealest View Post
          I wonder how she feels about Long Ago

Comment

• Originally posted by SmartIsNewSexy View Post
            I dislike the idea of releasing anything amidst this pandemic crisis, including the book
            i feel its setting yourself up for a flop.
            Many books AND albums are being released now.

At the moment, there is a captivated audience at home (for the most part) to tune into things like live streams and stuff. It just takes creative marketing and Mariah and her team to STEP UP. They can borrow some of the same tactics when they promoted the MAC Line which was highly successful.

There is also no reason why a second wave of promotion cant continue into next year, including a book tour mid-year.

Comment

• Publishers are really struggling right now. People are not buying as many books because bookstores still carry a large part of sales, and they have been closed. So a lot of releases for this year will be postponed. I have a coloring book coming out in October, and we don't know if that's actually going to happen.

Also, I think Mariah benefits from the night shows and the promotion. She doesn't generate buzz like Lady Gaga, who could release her album during the pandemic without interviews and such. Caution didn't do that great even though she promoted the hell out of it, and her team was on point.

Then again, everything is being done remotely now, and they could find creative ways. I just don't think they want to gamble it...

Originally posted by bm08 View Post

At the moment, there is a captivated audience at home (for the most part) to tune into things like live streams and stuff. It just takes creative marketing and Mariah and her team to STEP UP. They can borrow some of the same tactics when they promoted the MAC Line which was highly successful.

There is also no reason why a second wave of promotion cant continue into next year, including a book tour mid-year.

Comment

• Originally posted by markwalde View Post
                Publishers are really struggling right now. People are not buying as many books because bookstores still carry a large part of sales, and they have been closed. So a lot of releases for this year will be postponed. I have a coloring book coming out in October, and we don't know if that's actually going to happen.

Also, I think Mariah benefits from the night shows and the promotion. She doesn't generate buzz like Lady Gaga, who could release her album during the pandemic without interviews and such. Caution didn't do that great even though she promoted the hell out of it, and her team was on point.

Then again, everything is being done remotely now, and they could find creative ways. I just don't think they want to gamble it...

We're gambling with a great uncertainty in the sense that there is no telling if there will be a second wave of lockdowns or further actions as a result of COVID or other matters.

Books have been getting released and an entire catalog is still on schedule for Fall, including at Henry Holt.

Mariah's fans will still be able to get the book at larger stores including Amazon, B&N and even at Mariah's own storefront. I dont think accessibility will be of issue. And again, there is no reason why a second wave of promotion can't be had next year or whenever bookstores open again. Including, when and if she does an audiobook version.

If the book is ready, which it should be at this point, release it.

Stacey Abrams, who recently released her book, had a schedule of virtual events with different outlets where in order to be part of them you must have bought the book. Mariah could do the same. And even go further.

And, IMO, Mariah doesn't need to be doing 20-30 shoddy 5min interviews where we get the same 2-3 questions over and over and over. They are pointless and do not have the depth required to really sell a memoir which is suppose to have depth to it. I would schedule one or two big interviews with heavy hitters and have them aired as primetime or morning specials. She and they have to think differently instead of the same stale promo schedule we've been getting (including what we got with Caution).

Comment

• I'm not sure about the rest of the world but here in UK 'I Stay In Love's remixes have been added to streaming for the first time https://open.spotify.com/album/1V9cZ...Tv24P55mQH4TbQ

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post

People have to realize that COVID is not going away anytime soon, especially in the US. People have to adapt.

Comment

• Books and music should be doing well now...

Comment

• Comment

• stevyy
                          stevyy commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Mariah is not credited on the song according to the RIAA.

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post
                        JoJo <3 (Buy her new album, it's amazing!)

Jojo album is the best album of the year for me

Comment

• Shaka
                          Shaka commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I agree!

• delapuerta
                          delapuerta commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Jessie Ware's

• ---

This amazing performance just hit 1M views!

Comment

• Comment

• Aaliyah and Her Mum....soooo Precious

[QUOTE=Shaka;n10424914]

---

Comment

• Did anyone see that Anastacia commented the double rainbow Instagram post ? Love her...
                              And it looks like the dog sitting below her is having a bathroom floor moment...
                              If you have 5 minutes, please check out my song "Alibi" on YouTube.

Comment

• Shaka
                                Shaka commented
                                Editing a comment
                                I saw how the dog was sitting and I was like WTH?! haha

• What is the update regarding the lawsuit with Mariah's ex assistant? It's been surprisingly quiet regarding it for months now.
                              I love all things Mariah. DAAAAHHHHLING!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by taustin13 View Post
                                What is the update regarding the lawsuit with Mariah's ex assistant? It's been surprisingly quiet regarding it for months now.
                                I hate that this thing made fuel so ***’s fans now attack Mariah of being workers abuser, sex predator. They use this to legitimate Mariah because she’s being sued by these piece of shhh

Comment

• Remember this one? I need something like this on MC16. Something viby but upbeat, very danceable.

Comment

• Christmas in July begins tomorrow. We can expect Mimi's Xmas catalog streaming numbers get a boost..

Comment

• Originally posted by Clown10 View Post
                                    Christmas in July begins tomorrow. We can expect Mimi's Xmas catalog streaming numbers get a boost..
                                    yes the season is starting. We have reached the 2nd half of the year. AIWFCIY has reached its lowest point by now and is only starting to add on numbers from here on out.

<3
                                    My Chart

Comment

• According to rolling stone Mariah was the #243 top streaming artist with 9.5M streams. In comparative with the old divas Whitney was at #368 with 6.7M streams and Madonna is at #413 with only 5.9M streams. Celine out of the top500

Comment

• Originally posted by mm2912 View Post
                                        According to rolling stone Mariah was the #243 top streaming artist with 9.5M streams. In comparative with the old divas Whitney was at #368 with 6.7M streams and Madonna is at #413 with only 5.9M streams. Celine out of the top500
                                        this always shows that Spotify still doesn't show the big picture... at least for streaming in the USA. Madonna currently has 1 million more monthly listeners on the platform than Mariah... and yet trails behind by that margin.

I am happy that Mariah is adding such healthy numbers throughout the year and outside of Xmas.
                                        My Chart

Comment

• Shawn is starting a lambs Q&A on Twitter right now. He’s usually very discreet in his replies, but hopefully we’ll get some interesting details.

Comment

• Originally posted by jr588 View Post
                                            Shawn is starting a lambs Q&A on Twitter right now. He’s usually very discreet in his replies, but hopefully we’ll get some interesting details.
                                            Let's all pray that he announces MC16.
                                            My Chart

Comment

• We want a "The Ballads" re-release.
                                              Britney Spears Janet Jackson Christina Aguilera Michael Jackson Selena Gomez Hilary Duff Taylor Swift Justin Timberlake

Comment

• Originally posted by delapuerta View Post

Comment

• Unpopular opinion, but I LOVE this track (with Mariah on it).

It would've been so cool if she would've been in the original release.

Mariah harmonizing with Swae sounds so dope.

Originally posted by skylynx View Post

Remember this one? I need something like this on MC16. Something viby but upbeat, very danceable.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X