No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yay, it’s coming ! I’m taking a moment to take it in: this is a milestone in her career. I always wanted to read a memoirs of hers, and now it’s practically here.

The title: I like it, I think it would have been catchier as The Meaning Of Mariah , with an alliteration in M and that’s it. However, I understand if their strategy was to brand her artist name, which makes sense of course.

The picture: I’m ok with it ! Apart her right hand holding up four fingers, the colors are pretty, and it’s a nice shot. I would have perhaps chosen a more pensive picture...

Also, I like he fact that her Co writer (i assume that’s who Michaela Angela Davis is) is displayed on the cover. Many artists use ghost writers or seldomly credit the people who helped them out but as a writer herself, I applaud that. If it’s her co-writer of course. I would be curious to know more about their collaboration process.

Audiobook: As a singer, Mariah’s voice is an incredible instrument, so it only makes sense that she records an audio version of her book. And the fact that she may include musical elements to it is genius !

It already sounds like a super project, I really cannot wait !
    If you have 5 minutes, please check out my song "Alibi" on YouTube.

Comment

• The book has 368 pages! I need it badly.

Comment

• That cover looks great! It looks kinda weird that there are two huge “MARIAH CAREY” on the cover though.

Comment

• Ordered my hardback copy for 20!! Woohoo
          To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by sts View Post
            And the email from the website says "Audible will exclusively release the audiobook performed by Carey, as her words are interwoven with special musical components."

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

Also the email refers to the 30th anniversary rarities that are coming!!
            What does the email say?
            http://oi42.tinypic.com/2m3lnpv.jpg

Follow me on LastFM: http://www.lastfm.es/user/S-Yair

www.instagram.com/sebastiansuaid/

Comment

• I was hoping for a different kind of picture for the cover but I guess it works anyway. So excited!! I can't wait to read her experience and how she feels about different parts of her career.

Bring it on!

Comment

• Cover is ok. She looks nice. They didn't really need Carey in the title again though " The Meaning of Mariah" would have been simpler and catchier if they choose that route. Having her full name on the cover twice is kinda unnecessary. But really looking forward to the book.

Comment

• Michaela Angela Davis is a great choice.
                  i feel she will do a great job telling Mariah's story

Comment

• Originally posted by sts View Post
                    And the email from the website says "Audible will exclusively release the audiobook performed by Carey, as her words are interwoven with special musical components."

Also the email refers to the 30th anniversary rarities that are coming!!

so the 30th Anniversary debut will coincide with the book release.
                    im glad Mariah is releasing music in conjuction with her memoirs. Its really fitting

Comment

• I'm really excited and happy that it's finally coming!
                      See latest news on Reports, Infractions & Bans
                      See Mariah Carey's Memoir thread

Comment

• A book/album bundle would be great.

30th anniversary debut edition with the Meaning of Mariah Memoirs .

make it happen

Comment

• Originally posted by DNK View Post
                          An ADJECTIVE AND A VERB AND A DEFENSE all at the SAME TIME; RE BRANDING ExtraORDINAIRE!!! of the Goddess!! Yeah.....soooo looking forward to the A U D I OOOOOHHHH!!! I want the book but only if we can get it autographed???? My beloved "Rainbow" era autograph WITH MY NAME ON IT from her on that white sleevless tshirt pull pic WAS STOLEN from me when they STOLE all my belongings of a lifetime, re selling my storage unit behind my back....still can't deal with that TRAUMA

Please MC; we need personalized book Autographs!!

if there is Covid drama concerns....just sign em and let em sit for a week before mailing em out, or have a waiver!!! we need autographs!!! QUEEN Query!!! QUEEN Query!!
                          https://soundcloud.com/musicdevas/3lillith-winds SkwirmedHalei

Comment

• Todays NBC stint re: the book;

at the end;

"Beyonce 24 Grammies"

"Mariah 5 Grammies-over or under"

that about nails the summation of Dump of the Music Industry RIGHT THERE with that "anal"ysis

Comment

• AUDIBLE is still putting MADONNA at the top of the LIST when you input "Mariah Carey" on Audible's website search!!

They CAN'T DO THIS!! disrespect...much?

https://www.audible.com/search?keywo..._header_search

Comment

• Originally posted by musedeva View Post
                                Todays NBC stint re: the book;

at the end;

"Beyonce 24 Grammies"

"Mariah 5 Grammies-over or under"

that about nails the summation of Dump of the Music Industry RIGHT THERE with that "anal"ysis
                                They really shaded her in that way?
                                My Chart

Comment

• HEYYYYYYYYY GUYS, LAMBILY, ARMYLAMBS

I miss everyone that i know

I'm still having a hard time posting from my mobile but anyways just droppin by to say that I AM EXCITED FOR THE BOOK!!!
                                  Caution and Giving Me Life >>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Comment

• Okay not tryin to be negative around here but i went a page back and instead of appreciating the fact that she's creating a book yall really criticizing the cover and her looks lmao that's just sad, especially coming from her die hard stans.

Look at twitter and see everyone's been positive

Byeee
                                    Caution and Giving Me Life >>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Comment

• #7 on Amazon
                                      #8 on Barnes and Noble
                                      #10 on Apple Books

Comment

• Originally posted by carloandrew View Post
                                        Okay not tryin to be negative around here but i went a page back and instead of appreciating the fact that she's creating a book yall really criticizing the cover and her looks lmao that's just sad, especially coming from her die hard stans.

Look at twitter and see everyone's been positive

Byeee
                                        Not everyone here

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                                          #7 on Amazon
                                          #8 on Barnes and Noble
                                          #10 on Apple Books
                                          #1 on Amazon Arts & literature memoirs. It's great

Comment

• New York Times Bestseller incoming.

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post
                                              Cover is ok. She looks nice. They didn't really need Carey in the title again though " The Meaning of Mariah" would have been simpler and catchier if they choose that route. Having her full name on the cover twice is kinda unnecessary. But really looking forward to the book.
                                              I think there's a purpose to it i.e. 'Mariah Carey' is a brand that has no doubt felt disconnected from her at times and that certainly at one time was not under her control but 'Mariah Carey' is also a person so she's here to reassert it's meaning.

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post

They really shaded her in that way?
                                                They didnt actually shade her.

They were shocked she only* has 5.

Comment

• There better be an entire chapter on the terrible single choices for "E=MC2". I need answers.
                                                  Britney Spears Janet Jackson Christina Aguilera Michael Jackson Selena Gomez Hilary Duff Taylor Swift Justin Timberlake

Comment

• Migrate
                                                    Migrate commented
                                                    Editing a comment
                                                    Hahaha yes we all need a cathartic experience !

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post

They didnt actually shade her.

They were shocked she only* has 5.
                                                  I'm convinced that Mottola has more than anything to do with it. I believe that his tactics to get her airplay made the industry insiders jealous. In later years they simply did not care for her anymore.

If anyone else released Caution - as it is - it would have gotten that damn R&B album Grammy.
                                                  My Chart

Comment

• InFamous
                                                    InFamous commented
                                                    Editing a comment
                                                    I don't understand how someone can call something irrelevant and boring yet continue to submit your work for consideration. Makes no sense to me. Like if you really think that why would you then basically ask for their validation ?

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post

I'm convinced that Mottola has more than anything to do with it. I believe that his tactics to get her airplay made the industry insiders jealous. In later years they simply did not care for her anymore.

If anyone else released Caution - as it is - it would have gotten that damn R&B album Grammy.
                                                  Why do you say later years when she was snubbed for Emotions and Music Box also?
                                                  That is the one thing that I never quite understand about the outrage that she was snubbed in 1996. Like she left empty handed every year except for the first year. So she was clearly never a Grammy darling anyway

Comment

• I just pre ordered the audiobook! the book is 70$ for me but I gotta have it too of course...so excited!!!
                                                    #mariahcarey #lambforlife

Comment

Why do you say later years when she was snubbed for Emotions and Music Box also?
                                                      That is the one thing that I never quite understand about the outrage that she was snubbed in 1996. Like she left empty handed every year except for the first year. So she was clearly never a Grammy darling anyway
                                                      BC she was usually nominated:

1991 - 5 nominations
                                                      1992 - 2 nominations
                                                      1993 - 2 nominations
                                                      1994 - 1 nomination
                                                      1995 - 2 nominations
                                                      1996 - 6 nominations
                                                      1998 - 3 nominations
                                                      2000 - 1 nomination
                                                      2001 - 1 nomination
                                                      2006 - 8 nominations
                                                      2007 - 2 nominations
                                                      2009 - 1 nomination
                                                      My Chart

Comment

I don't understand how someone can call something irrelevant and boring yet continue to submit your work for consideration. Makes no sense to me. Like if you really think that why would you then basically ask for their validation ?
                                                        It has to do with motivation and psychology.
                                                        My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post
                                                          There better be an entire chapter on the terrible single choices for "E=MC2". I need answers.
                                                          The gossip part of me wants juicy stories about Derek Jetter and Luis Miguel

Comment

Working...
                                                          X