1995 - 2 nominations
    1996 - 6 nominations
    1998 - 3 nominations
    2000 - 1 nomination
    2001 - 1 nomination
    2006 - 8 nominations
    2007 - 2 nominations
    2009 - 1 nomination
    Why did she get such few noms between 1992 and 1995 ?

Comment

• I don't mind the picture. It serves it's purpose. I would have preferred if just be the picture and 'The Meaning of Mariah Carey'. Then have the writers on the back and side! Over all its better than I expected it to be! I can't wait to read it!!
      Love you like a love song!

Comment

• How many copies does the New York Times bestseller have?

If you want a realistic shot to become a bestseller, you must sell at least 5,000 – 10,000 copies in one week.

c'mon Lambily. Make it happen

Comment

• I'm totally getting a copy of this memoir. I never bought a book/memoir from basically any artist in my life, so this is going to be my first. I've always found Mariah's life to be one of the most interesting and I don't mind spending my hard-earned money for this (as I do for her brilliant catalog). Can't wait to get my hands on this!
          "Dion's voice glides effortlessly from deep whispers to dead-on high notes, a sweet siren that combines force with grace."
          - Time

Comment

• Smokie76
            Smokie76 commented
            Editing a comment
            Same here.

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

Why did she get such few noms between 1992 and 1995 ?
          There weren’t as many categories back then, and unfortunately she wasn’t nominated in the general field any of those years from 92 - 95.

The Pop Vocal Album category wasn’t created until the 1995 Grammys. I think had it existed her whole career, she would have undoubtedly been nominated in it for Mariah Carey, Emotions, Music Box, and maybe even Unplugged. She probably would have won it a couple of times too!

Comment

• Originally posted by dhenapie View Post
            I'm totally getting a copy of this memoir. I never bought a book/memoir from basically any artist in my life, so this is going to be my first. I've always found Mariah's life to be one of the most interesting and I don't mind spending my hard-earned money for this (as I do for her brilliant catalog). Can't wait to get my hands on this!
            Yeah me too! I will try to get a digital copy at least.
            http://oi42.tinypic.com/2m3lnpv.jpg

Follow me on LastFM: http://www.lastfm.es/user/S-Yair

www.instagram.com/sebastiansuaid/

Comment

• The cover is divine. The color scheme is timeless, and her expression is very Daydream-like. Beautiful and alluring

Comment

• That cover looks great mc

Comment

• I don't like that cover and title.... but I will order it as usual.. Hopefully there's a Korean version.

Comment

• I love the cover and the title. Really looking forward to buying and reading it

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post

I'm convinced that Mottola has more than anything to do with it. I believe that his tactics to get her airplay made the industry insiders jealous. In later years they simply did not care for her anymore.

If anyone else released Caution - as it is - it would have gotten that damn R&B album Grammy.
                      Grammys is a politics game. If you have friends in the right camps or if you please them enough, you’ll win. It doesn’t bother me anymore that mariah has so few. The fact that some others win with unremarkable releases tells me it’s not worth bothering about.

Comment

They really shaded her in that way?
                        I don't think they were shading her....or Beyonce...at all....well......errr........anyways...the industry is NOT itself these years at all....
                        https://youtu.be/JHxcmhPNphY

Comment

• Originally posted by Smokie76 View Post
                          I love the cover and the title. Really looking forward to buying and reading it
                          +1
                          Eudaimonia
                          Last.fm
                          Instagram

Comment

• Originally posted by SmartIsNewSexy View Post
                            How many copies does the New York Times bestseller have?

If you want a realistic shot to become a bestseller, you must sell at least 5,000 – 10,000 copies in one week.

c'mon Lambily. Make it happen

Depends on the week. Sales have been slightly up.

I would say she'd need about 20K. But then with a Fall release, who knows.
                            See latest news on Reports, Infractions & Bans
                            See Mariah Carey's Memoir thread

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post

Depends on the week. Sales have been slightly up.

I would say she'd need about 20K. But then with a Fall release, who knows.
                              Her book should become mandatory in schools... The Meaning of Mariah Carey sounds like an entire new school subject to me. Let's make that happen, y'all.
                              My Chart

Comment

Her book should become mandatory in schools... The Meaning of Mariah Carey sounds like an entire new school subject to me. Let's make that happen, y'all.
                                Sometimes it truly worries me that you have children in your care on a daily basis.
                                I can just imagine you reading passages from that book to them

Comment

• Did anyone read this article about Fourth of July?
                                  I don’t think I saw it posted here so here’s a link to the article about the song.
                                  Put some respect on "Fourth of July."
                                  http://marcokircher.com
                                  http://reverbnation.com/marcokircher/songs

My YT Channel!
                                  https://www.youtube.com/user/Cashiado
                                  IG: marco235

Comment

• Adore the cover! It’s a gorgeous shot and perfect for a book

I am sure she will be a best-seller, there will be selective leaks and promo

I want the debut anniversary now though, depriving us during quarantine is so unlike her! We are struggling!
                                    Last edited by allygdale; Fri July 10th, 2020, 19:53.
                                    #CAUTION

Comment

• Y’all it’s already been almost two years since Caution was released wow. Hopefully we get an album soon

Comment

• Originally posted by Imopink1 View Post
                                        Y’all it’s already been almost two years since Caution was released wow. Hopefully we get an album soon
                                        I cannot see her releasing an album until mid 2021 at the very earliest.

Comment

• I really wish there would have been a cute song to coincide with the book release!

Comment

• MsWeiss
                                            MsWeiss commented
                                            Editing a comment
                                            There still might be!
                                            Jessica Simpson released an EP along with her memoir, so you never know, it could still happen! Sept is far enough away that she can line up a song(s?)!

• This year would be the perfect time to re-release "The Ballads". Put Angels Cry, The Art of Letting Go & Portrait on there and Boom! 2x Platinum before 2021 has even started.
                                          Britney Spears Janet Jackson Christina Aguilera Michael Jackson Selena Gomez Hilary Duff Taylor Swift Justin Timberlake

Comment

• Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post
                                            This year would be the perfect time to re-release "The Ballads". Put Angels Cry, The Art of Letting Go & Portrait on there and Boom! 2x Platinum before 2021 has even started.
                                            No one buys compilations albums anymore. There’s no point at all in the streaming era when you can just make a playlist with the songs

Comment

• Mariah uploaded this to her IG stories and the 2006 V magazine is available to purchase here https://shop.vmagazine.com/collectio...nts-mariah-v39

Comment

• Looks like the memoir announcement giving MC a small bump on iTunes as well

Album: Memoirs of an imperfect Angel
                                                iTunes:
                                                #1120 United States

Album: Me. I Am Mariah…The Elusive Chanteuse
                                                iTunes:
                                                #1129 United States

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                                                  Looks like the memoir announcement giving MC a small bump on iTunes as well

Album: Memoirs of an imperfect Angel
                                                  iTunes:
                                                  #1120 United States

Album: Me. I Am Mariah…The Elusive Chanteuse
                                                  iTunes:
                                                  #1129 United States
                                                  The 2 worst albums of her carreer

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by mm2912 View Post

No one buys compilations albums anymore. There’s no point at all in the streaming era when you can just make a playlist with the songs
                                                      People are lazy. It's much easier to stream an existing compilation instead of bothering to create a playlist.

Comment

• Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post
                                                        This year would be the perfect time to re-release "The Ballads". Put Angels Cry, The Art of Letting Go & Portrait on there and Boom! 2x Platinum before 2021 has even started.
                                                        There is no need for re-releasing it. It sells pretty well on its own in part due to it being more widely available.

I also dont think her label would go through the trouble of trying to secure ballads from other labels (eg. Angel's Cry).

They will tout her Sony catalog more with the release IMO.

Comment

• Girl nobody wants a compilation album. We want bops.

Comment

Working...
                                                          X