Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TheRealest View Post
    Always LOVED the Soul Convention Remix
    | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

• allygdale
      allygdale commented
      Editing a comment
      Soul Convention is everything but it sounds like 1993, it’s the C+C one that could revive it

• That ATYNAF video made me feel all warm, fuzzy and nostalgic. LOVE MC30
    I’ll just sit right here and sing that good old school sh@* to you!

Comment

• Not gonna lie - if the Dreamlover Bam Jam Remix is what the pre-Walter/Tommy original mix sounded like, it would've flopped hard...there was no way it would've reached #1 in 1993...

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post

That's really great! Now hopefully they will also release the original video with the little kids dressed up as angels.
        I totally forgot about that.

The pictured were a bit cringe though so hopefully it would look better as a video.
        See latest news on Reports, Infractions & Bans
        See Mariah Carey's Memoir thread

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post

That's really great! Now hopefully they will also release the original video with the little kids dressed up as angels.
          I always wished to see full Princess/Queen video version what her team scrapped.

Comment

• A little bit of Mariah appreciation.

If this is correct then Make it Happen and Emotions have been on the chart for a week now.

Tunes:
            296. Never Forget You
            920. Anytime You Need a Friend
            1107. Fantasy

iTunes Albums:
            35. Anytime You Need A Friend
            37. Dreamlover EP
            651. Greatest Hits
            674. Make It Happen - EP
            972. Emotions - EP
            MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• Originally posted by mm2912 View Post

Probably it was so bad mariah wanted it burned
              Don't think so. Mariah wouldn't have retweeted it five months ago (March 7) if she didn't like it.
              My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by delapuerta View Post
                  This Mariah tweet is from before the MC30 celebrations, so who knows if it is found in the meantime.
                  Then again, she also filmed in the Netherlands. It was in the newspapers that she was seen shooting for it in the Vondel Park in Amsterdam. Also, she talked about it during the concert in Rotterdam.

Comment

• 100K views. GTFO keeps giving. Just for laughs btw

Comment

• MsWeiss
                      MsWeiss commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Off topic, I LOVE the song. Get MC & MJB on the remix!!!!!

• https://open.spotify.com/playlist/5w...Q_S5lPeyFUNcEg

I updated my Mariah Spotify playlist. Added some remixes. Thanks for following.

Comment

• Another interesting thing that’s absent from the EPs but
                      was teased like the demos and b-sides is Tokyo Dome

Maybe this MC30 will go on until the end of the year, and we will get Tokyo Dome streaming and audio in full? After all, it includes AIWFCIY

One nice thing about that would be an audio remaster, the MSG audio sounds noticeably less “alive” than the Divas audio for MIH since Divas was also mastered for audio and not just TV

Press release only mentioned EPs, but Dreamlover and AYNAF are LPs/album length, even Apple Music has put those two in her albums section instead of singles/eps section because they are so long
                      Last edited by allygdale; Yesterday, 23:31.
                      #CAUTION

Comment

• Harry Styles who loves MC will be sitting pretty at No 2 on Billboard with a song called Watermelon Sugar in the same exact key with exact same tempo as Honey and his label is Columbia, No 20 is right there

Mariah could sing the chorus, some adlibs, and add the Honey chorus or first verse as a middle 8 and the fandoms would take it to No 1 to make it her 20th with her name in writing credits
                        Last edited by allygdale; Yesterday, 23:29.
                        #CAUTION

Comment

• SmartIsNewSexy
                          SmartIsNewSexy commented
                          Editing a comment
                          That would scream desperation.
                          And there would be a backlash that Mariah jumped on a song to score a quick hit.

Just like Nicki Minaj scoring her first #1 by jumping on Dojo cat Say so

• Originally posted by allygdale View Post
                        Harry Styles who loves MC will be sitting pretty at No 2 on Billboard with a song called Watermelon Sugar in the same exact key with exact same tempo as Honey and his label is Columbia, No 20 is right there

Mariah could sing the chorus, some adlibs, and add the Honey chorus or first verse as a middle 8 and the fandoms would take it to No 1 to make it her 20th with her name in writing credits
                        Nah. Leave that move to get a number 1 to desperate ones. She should only do it if she genuinely likes the music.

Comment

• Originally posted by allygdale View Post
                          Harry Styles who loves MC will be sitting pretty at No 2 on Billboard with a song called Watermelon Sugar in the same exact key with exact same tempo as Honey and his label is Columbia, No 20 is right there

Ally, you know I love you and respect your musical taste, but you are so stuck on this idea, and I just can't get behind it. Leave Honey in classic status.

I would always much rather Mariah create something entirely new. I try to ignore the whole "Can't Say No" nonsense. I just worry when she revisits the classics.
                          You don’t have to be afraid of what you are!

Comment

• Honey mixed with Watermelon Sugar ?

Comment

• I would love her to hop on a hot song or be featured. We havent had a moment like that since...Emotionless? And even that wasn't a feature per se.

Unforgettable?

Comment

• Maria Coreyyy.

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                                  I would love her to hop on a hot song or be featured. We havent had a moment like that since...Emotionless? And even that wasn't a feature per se.

Unforgettable?
                                  Yes to "Unforgettable" type of song with a modern groove and highly danceable. If she doesn't go full on uptempo, this pace is something she should be aiming for.

Though with better vocals and less thin and strained. Her voice is in better shape now.

Comment

• Originally posted by SpyVsSpy View Post

Nah. Leave that move to get a number 1 to desperate ones. She should only do it if she genuinely likes the music.

TBH after thinking about it.... I wouldnt actually mind her doing a (as you call it) "desperate" move to get a new number one at this point in her career.

The reasons I dont mind after thinking about it are:

1) as much as we love her she is highly unlikely to get another #1 on her own at this stage in her career (AIWFCIY was an anomaly for obv reasons)

2) so many artists who are more "current" jump on other people's tracks all the time and get hits from it so why not? And even Madonna is jumping on the new Dua Lipa remix single and I havent seen much talk of her being desperate tbh

3) sure people might call it desperate for a couple weeks but then after that nobody will even remember or think about that and all people will know is that she has 20 #1's (also i feel the only people who would call it out as desperate are the minority in fanbase stan groups rather than the general public tbh, it will pass quick and all that will matter is that she has 20 #1s)

so yeah if she wants to do that to get #20 i am all for it tbh i dont see the problem at all

I think on her own, she has more chance of a #1 album than #1 song but that needs a banger of a lead single (not a ballad, sorry With You), a great music video, and an amount of promo that we havent seen since maybe even 2008 from her
                                    Last edited by dancamz; Today, 14:17.

Comment

• The AIWFCIY campaign told us several things, including that she, her team and her label know what it takes to achieve a number one song.

Of course, times and rules have already changed since then (crazy right!) but that doesn't mean they can't find creative ways to work a song to the top tier of the charts.

Fans will get behind it, as they have proven time and time again, once they know she's serious about achieving another #1.

Comment

• I think some fans are far too worried about her being tagged as desperate. In the wider world away from stan twitter/ pop sites no one actually takes any notice of things like that or has any ideas about it. Everyone collabs these days, it's not a big deal. Mariah should definitely do more.

Comment

• Originally posted by dancamz View Post

TBH after thinking about it.... I wouldnt actually mind her doing a (as you call it) "desperate" move to get a new number one at this point in her career.

The reasons I dont mind after thinking about it are:

1) as much as we love her she is highly unlikely to get another #1 on her own at this stage in her career (AIWFCIY was an anomaly for obv reasons)

2) so many artists who are more "current" jump on other people's tracks all the time and get hits from it so why not?

3) sure people might call it desperate for a couple weeks but then after that nobody will even remember or think about that and all people will know is that she has 20 #1's (also i feel the only people who would call it out as desperate are the minority in fanbase stan groups rather than the general public tbh, it will pass quick and all that will matter is that she has 20 #1s)

so yeah if she wants to do that to get #20 i am all for it tbh i dont see the problem at all

I think on her own, she has more chance of a #1 album than #1 song but that needs a banger of a lead single (not a ballad, sorry With You), a great music video, and an amount of promo that we havent seen since maybe even 2008 from her

The thing is they need a good firestarter like the I Know What You Want got her back on radio. AIWFCIY is not a firestarter, it's a holiday season anomoly......i don't get why people think that releasing a single right after AIWFCIY is a bonafide sure smash or good move. Spring/Summer is where it's at I think for her to launch something fresh.

After the train of trash songs we had over the past 3 months scoring #1 and people collabing left right and centre I don't care anymore. She can jump on anything she wants to get that #1 or at least a Top 10 hit.

The public and most people on social media don't appreciate what she does anyway. Who cares if she gets dragged.....a Number 1 is a Number 1, and regardless of what people say or think....they will still talk about her and it's front and centre. After all the lows (NYE, Stella) she's still here and will definately weather anything gets thrown at her by the young ones on Social Media. Her catalogue is just too big to ignore.

MC30 is great, but it's only for the fans.

She needs 1-2 super strong collabs that hit the mainstream pop and hip/hop. Pure RnB is not where it's at, she needs a fresh sound.....pop/RnB at least....and it must be fun or uptempo.

She can then release her albums with solos, it will get the mainstream interest.....and if the album is good, she can ride the wave longer.

I think the biggest challenge is convincing any hot young mainstream artist to collab with her. She needs someone like Drake, Rihanna, Beyonce, Ariana, Ed Sheeran, Adele, Cardi B and feed off their mainstream clout. Though any release needs to have a single push (a feature on an album will not do it).

Even if she releases an album now, even after Caution, MC30, Memoirs.....i doubt she will do much better than the numbers that Caution gave her. We need a new direction.
                                          Last edited by skylynx; Today, 14:36.

Comment

• Yesterday I visited a friend. Her son was home and he is a musician. So we talked about music a lot. He was really interested in why I like Mariah so much. In the end he asked me to send me some links to listen to.

Comment

• Omg
                                              Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• It's true.
                                                Mariah is one of only a few LEGENDS alive today

Comment

Working...
                                                X