No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't excessive use of wigs do a number on one's hairline?
    Everything, it only fades...

Comment

• ^ She probably only wears the wig for 2 hours a night while on tour or if she’s making a public appearance, which is pretty rare now. I wouldn’t describe her use of wigs as excessive.

Comment

• I think she also uses clip ons or whatever they’re called just to full out her natural hair.
        See latest news on Reports, Infractions & Bans
        See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Originally posted by Robby View Post
          Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't excessive use of wigs do a number on one's hairline?
          From what I know, it really depends on how long and often youve worn them. But also, how tight you got them on. If your shit is secured real good, it hurts, and it will come for your edges periodt
          Please Stop the Music

Comment

• See latest news on Reports, Infractions & Bans

Comment

• Lena Dunham is featuring Mariah on her new podcast “The C-Word”:
              https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...083500006.html

C stands for Crazy and they will discuss why women are called that. I’m interested to see how deep they go on the circumstances around her TRL situation.

The Podcast is available on an app called Luminary. Episodes haven’t been posted yet.

Comment

• It’s 2019... nobody wears their real hair all the time.

Also Mariah doesn’t f*ck with Hollywood and y’all know that.

Comment

• LENA DUNHAM'S NEW PODCAST "THE C-PHRASE" DESCRIBES HOW GIRLS LIKE MARIAH CAREY HAVE BEEN REFERRED TO AS "LOOPY"

Lena Dunham takes a better have a look at how girls have been described as loopy by way of historical past by the media.

Dunham, 32, spoke about her new podcast "The C-Phrase" – which she co-hosts with curator Alissa Bennett – throughout her go to to "Late Evening with Seth Meyers" on Wednesday. "We’re simply speaking about what it means for them to be thought of loopy," Dunham stated.

"We’re reviewing their lives within the gentle of what we have now found about issues like feminism," continued the creator of "Ladies." "You recognize, shaming girls, utilizing girls as symbols to discover our cultural ache."

"The C-Phrase" will probably be broadcast on the Luminary startup podcast community. The channel would additionally characteristic packages by Trevor Noah, Conan O'Brien and Hannibal Buress.

Alissa Bennett
                  Celebrities
                  Final evening with Seth Meyers
                  Lena Dunham
                  Mariah Carey
                  Music
                  The C-Phrase

Comment

• 2019 ?Mariah has been using wigs for over 20 years at this stage !

Comment

• So glad she retweeted for curlyriah! I love that. I have very straight English type hair. My daughter has lovely very curly mixed race hair Mariah will be the perfect role model for her

Comment

• Halle berry and Mariah
                        2 of the most beautiful women in all the land

Comment

• Originally posted by rashmimimi View Post
                          So glad she retweeted for curlyriah! I love that. I have very straight English type hair. My daughter has lovely very curly mixed race hair Mariah will be the perfect role model for her
                          WHen was the first time she wore a wig? I'm curious
                          IG Account:
                          https://www.instagram.com/diosbendigaestenegocio/

Comment

• Billboard recently announced the arrival of a "Global 100" chart... I wonder how many #1's Mariah would have had on that chart if it was around in the 90's/00's?

Comment

• Originally posted by Flopofageneration View Post
                              Billboard recently announced the arrival of a "Global 100" chart... I wonder how many #1's Mariah would have had on that chart if it was around in the 90's/00's?
                              she'll already dominate it with AIWFCIY during december

Comment

• I wonder how Gloria Estefan feels or think every time she hears "Hero"... does she think "that could've been mine...". Seriously, I do wonder what Gloria's version of Hero would have sounded like - perhaps a bit like Cuts Both Ways... But anyways, given that Gloria is a nice person and acquaintance of Mariah, she probably only has positive thoughts...I always found it interesting that Tommy said his hope was that he and Mariah would have a relationship like Gloria and her husband...

Comment

• Originally posted by mm2912 View Post
                                  she'll already dominate it with AIWFCIY during december
                                  Let’s hope it happens for her this year!

I lowkey want it on a 2019 ending chart to give her three consecutive decades with a #1.

Comment

• Me too, Im longing for that elusive 19th number one.... hopefully the stars will align
                                    IG Account:
                                    https://www.instagram.com/diosbendigaestenegocio/

Comment

• Originally posted by AlmondBreeze View Post
                                      I wonder how Gloria Estefan feels or think every time she hears "Hero"... does she think "that could've been mine...". Seriously, I do wonder what Gloria's version of Hero would have sounded like - perhaps a bit like Cuts Both Ways... But anyways, given that Gloria is a nice person and acquaintance of Mariah, she probably only has positive thoughts...I always found it interesting that Tommy said his hope was that he and Mariah would have a relationship like Gloria and her husband...
                                      Gloria may have thought that back in 1993/1994, but it's been so long again. I don't think she ever thinks about that now.
                                      My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

I wonder how Gloria Estefan feels or think every time she hears "Hero"... does she think "that could've been mine...". Seriously, I do wonder what Gloria's version of Hero would have sounded like - perhaps a bit like Cuts Both Ways... But anyways, given that Gloria is a nice person and acquaintance of Mariah, she probably only has positive thoughts...I always found it interesting that Tommy said his hope was that he and Mariah would have a relationship like Gloria and her husband...
                                        Gloria had a fantastic career and Hero would probably not have made much of a difference to her, it may not even have been a hit.

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post
                                          Gloria had a fantastic career and Hero would probably not have made much of a difference to her, it may not even have been a hit.
                                          I agree. It's perfect for Mariah and the Music Box album and one of the biggest ballads ever released because of Mariah, her voice, her tone and her emotional delivery.

It really took on a 2nd life after 9/11.
                                          My Chart

Comment

• I wish there was a Mariah tribute album, where different artists covered Mariah's songs. It would be so interesting to hear her songs in genres which you never thought possible, like when David Cook did ABMB. In fact, MOR Rock style could work so well for a lot of Mariah's ballads. Beyonce on VOL... an acoustic Butterfly, gospel TGIFY....

Comment

I wish there was a Mariah tribute album, where different artists covered Mariah's songs. It would be so interesting to hear her songs in genres which you never thought possible, like when David Cook did ABMB. In fact, MOR Rock style could work so well for a lot of Mariah's ballads. Beyonce on VOL... an acoustic Butterfly, gospel TGIFY....
                                              I agree, they should play with her catalogue a little bit - as it is the only type of music which is still doing something for her.

Also, Mariah should do more-infused songs herself as her voice is perfect for this type of music. I cannot emphasize enough of how much I love BOTH.
                                              My Chart

Comment

• Dayum, all I really want for Christmas is for AIWFCIY to finally reach the top spot this year! Imagine Mimi scoring her 19th #1, the 3rd Song of the Decade is not that elusive since AIW is that massive. That's the only song that charts higher and higher each year since 2010.

Comment

• I really want AIW to top the chart, but I am expecting tough competition this year with any surprise remix. I think RIhanna will stop mimi to top the chart, just like an early early prediction.

But Sog of the decade I think is out of reach, although it is definetly in the top 10-5. DEspacito I think will hold that title.
                                                  ENJOY UKMIX Retro Charts Records! Chart Facts, Year-End charts, Records and more...

Comment

• Bizarre and unfortunate....

Bogus Mariah Carey concert scam targeting Grand Rapids Pride likely leads to prison

UPDATE: Raul Mejia Pereida has been sentenced to two years, three months in prison, to be followed by three years on supervised release. Restitution is set at $130,000.

GRAND RAPIDS, MI – A man who helped arrange a bogus Mariah Carey concert for Grand Rapids Pride Festival’s LGBTQ celebration faces a prison sentence on Friday, May 10.

Raul Mejia Pereida faces at least two years in federal prison, according to advisory sentencing guidelines.

Co-defendant Allen Dean Gordon Clayborn was earlier sentenced to five years in prison.

Grand Rapids Pride and Northern Arizona Pride wanted Carey to perform at fund-raising events to finance the organizations’ charitable work. Carey was supposedly set to perform at the Calder Plaza.

“Both contracts were fraudulent and the singer never appeared because she knew nothing about them,” Assistant U.S. Attorney Timothy VerHey wrote in a sentencing memorandum.

Pereida, a.k.a. Raul Mejia, and Clayborn, both California residents, pleaded guilty to wire fraud. Clayton also pleaded guilty to aggravated identity theft.

Pereida’s attorney contented he was a bit player in the scheme.

Grand Rapids Pride Center negotiated a contract with the defendants who posed as Carey’s representatives. The center, provided with false contracts, bank records, emails and text messages, lost $130,000.

Clayborn was the “face of the fraud” but Pereida, who is not a legal U.S. resident, was involved from the start, the prosecutor said.

The two flew to New York City in December 2016 to meet with concert promoters and Grand Rapids Pride leadership.

The meeting, which included dinner and a Carey concert, was “crucial to the scheme’s success,” VerHey said.

“The purpose of the meeting was to treat GRP members to a Mariah Carey concert and convince them that they were part of the singer’s organization. Pereida also bankrolled the online purchase of concert tickets, which Clayborn altered to make them appear to be complementary tickets issued directly from Carey,” VerHey said.

The defendants used the name and supposed signature of an actual Mariah Carey representative who knew nothing about the scheme. Once negotiations were complete, the victims wired funds to Pereida’s bank account in California, VerHey said in court records.

Sean Tilton, an assistant federal public defender, said Pereida, 47, is remorseful. He has no prior criminal record. In letters of support, Pereida was described as “family-oriented, generous, hardworking, and a good role model,” Tilton said.

His client was born in Jalisco, Mexico. He began working at 14 to support his family after his mother died and father left. He has lived in the U.S. since 1990. He worked 19 years for a Neiman Marcus store restaurant in California.

Tilton contended that Clayborn received most of the proceeds of the crime. Other funds covered their living expenses.

“After the conclusion of this offense, Mr. Pereida was in a worse financial situation than when it started,” Tilton wrote.

Pereida’s life savings were gone and he was left with a $20,000 credit-card balance, the attorney said.

Clayborn, with a history of fraud, “knows how to manipulate people,” including his client, Tilton wrote.

He said that Clayborn is suspected of defrauding adult-film star Jenna Jameson of $33,000 before this offense. After the Grand Rapids fraud, Clayborn purported to represent Carey and singer Kelly Clarkson in another scheme, Tilton said.

He said his client played a “very limited” role.

“Mr. Pereida apologizes to the victims of this offense. Mr. Pereida believes that this offense has ruined his life. He lost his life savings. He is likely to be deported and is unlikely to be able to return to the United States following his sentence.”

Comment

Working...
                                                    X