No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is the Caution stripped version y’all keep talking about?

Comment

• Originally posted by TheRealest View Post
      Where is the Caution stripped version y’all keep talking about?
      Never knew it existed

Comment

• Wonder when we will get the first rarity from the debut album as promised.
        My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• I would like to hear the demo version of Vision of Love with her raw vocals.

Comment

• Is Mariah back on Def Jam? They sent an email about her Memoir today
            #CAUTION

Comment

• Originally posted by TheRealest View Post
              Where is the Caution stripped version y’all keep talking about?
              Is it not just isolated vocals from the album?
              Love you like a love song!

Comment

• Originally posted by BehindBreakaway View Post

Is it not just isolated vocals from the album?
                Anything "stripped" on youtube is all just fan made. But sometimes they also isolate the layers of the music and it can sound like a totally different track. Some of them are quite nice. But yeah, vocals are just whatever is out there already.

Comment

• Billboard have finally changed the rules about the signed physical singles being sent later. If this had changed a month ago Mariah would still have the record for most debuts ! But on the other hand Mariah herself used this tactic at Xmas last year. Will that make much difference to the songs chances of hitting no 1 again this year ?

Comment

• 24fanatic
                    24fanatic commented
                    Editing a comment
                    No, this won't make a difference to "All I Want For Christmas Is You" topping the charts again this year in December.

Streaming was through the roof last year (way larger than even Sony projected). They really ended up not needing to do the signed CD singles/merch bundles. Those MIGHT have helped with Week 1 of her 3-week #1 reign... but once again, streaming was very high and it will only be even higher this year with more and more people adapting to streaming services as their main source of consuming music.

• Music artist/producer Kygo is releasing a new version of "What's Love Got To Do With It" with Tina Turner this Friday and Billboard asked today which Diva he should collaborate with next in a poll. Mariah is currently in 2nd place after Cher.

​​​​​​https://www.billboard.com/articles/n...rate-with-vote

Comment

• Originally posted by allygdale View Post
                    Is Mariah back on Def Jam? They sent an email about her Memoir today
                    Really? Can you share this email?

Comment

• Originally posted by 24fanatic View Post
                      Music artist/producer Kygo is releasing a new version of "What's Love Got To Do With It" with Tina Turner this Friday and Billboard asked today which Diva he should collaborate with next in a poll. Mariah is currently in 2nd place after Cher.

It would be super interesting to see how something like that with Mariah would perform. Higher Love with Whitney was massive in the UK.
                      Mariah would probably never go for something like that though, and once it's already been done a few times it can get old very fast.

Comment

• nemospence
                        nemospence commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Mariah is now leading the poll. Now it's up to her if she wants to collaborate with Kygo. But she's the most deserving and definitely the most challenging.

• Wow, I can't wait to hear how Kygo turned Tina Turner's song into an EDM track! I just learned about this in this forum today!
                      Last edited by nemospence; Today, 08:42.

Comment

• Originally posted by 24fanatic View Post
                        Music artist/producer Kygo is releasing a new version of "What's Love Got To Do With It" with Tina Turner this Friday and Billboard asked today which Diva he should collaborate with next in a poll. Mariah is currently in 2nd place after Cher.

There was a rumour years ago that Sony was allowing stems to be used for remixers, and I assume music producers as well.

I think Mariah could have quite a few great dance hits if she did so. Some of the stems that leaked over the last few years just confirm just how pristine some of those takes were. The "amateur" people who made those stems into tracks did wonders with them so just imagine what someone with professional equipment and an official release could do.

I'd have almost every track on MC30 remixed for dance numbers as a start.

Comment

Working...
                        X