No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think this one is kind of forgotten, but Mariah had some amazing whistles on this song.

"Lift up your head
    Lift up your heart..."

https://soundcloud.com/jaspervanbeve...orest-of-glass

Comment

• Obsessed now #159 on iTunes Pop, #809 overall on iTunes USA

#116 overall in Norway.

Comment

• Originally posted by delapuerta View Post
        We shouldn't be suffering, sooner or later this was going to happen. She still has another 14 weeks run for wbt and 79 weeks at #1. It's a matter of time her records are surpassed
        Plus a big majority of her number 1s are solo releases, not collabs. The only other living artistes with multiple number 1s who frequently hit no. 1 solo in their prime are janet and madonna.
        Last edited by SpyVsSpy; Tue July 23rd, 2019, 01:20.

Comment

• Originally posted by SpyVsSpy View Post
          Plus a big majority of her number 1s are solo releases, not collabs. The only other living artistes with multiple number 1s who frequently hit no. 1 solo in their prime are janet and madonna.
          Whitney too

Comment

• Can somebody tell me the year of the pic they show at 2:26 and where is it from? She looks incredible.

http://oi42.tinypic.com/2m3lnpv.jpg

Follow me on LastFM: http://www.lastfm.es/user/S-Yair

www.instagram.com/sebastiansuaid/

Comment

• #JusticeForObsessed, a perfect chorus

I want a “How Do You Sleep” remix with Mariah

She could write a new second verse, chorus harmonies, and instead of the manipulated notes on the drop, Mariah’s high notes
              Last edited by allygdale; Tue July 23rd, 2019, 02:09.
              #CAUTION

Comment

• Originally posted by sYair View Post
                Can somebody tell me the year of the pic they show at 2:26 and where is it from? She looks incredible.

C ant remember where but i remember this was definatly late 2004 beggining of 2005.

Comment

• Originally posted by sYair View Post
                  Can somebody tell me the year of the pic they show at 2:26 and where is it from? She looks incredible.

Capital FM Awards, 2005

Britney Spears Janet Jackson Christina Aguilera Michael Jackson Selena Gomez Hilary Duff Taylor Swift Justin Timberlake

Comment

• Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post
                    Capital FM Awards, 2005
                    Thanks!
                    http://oi42.tinypic.com/2m3lnpv.jpg

Follow me on LastFM: http://www.lastfm.es/user/S-Yair

www.instagram.com/sebastiansuaid/

Comment

• Originally posted by allygdale View Post
                      #JusticeForObsessed, a perfect chorus

I want a “How Do You Sleep” remix with Mariah

She could write a new second verse, chorus harmonies, and instead of the manipulated notes on the drop, Mariah’s high notes
                      they might as well release a whole new ballad together... much better
                      Forever Young

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                        Tbh, I am not that knowledgeable about the nuances of these agencies. Perhaps [MENTION=50287]banksy[/MENTION] knows more.

I think they help with touring and other deals including movies, television, books etc.
                        In a nutshell, they're the top agency in the industry, and I would kill to work for them. Her agents at CAA got her the deal with American Idol. I can't think of any notable thing UTA did for her. Jigsaw shopped Mariah's World to networks, which is something UTA should have done. The residency was already a done deal by the time she signed with them. Vegas venues had been pursuing her for months, so we can't credit them with that.

They took care of her for years, and they'll do right by her now.

Comment

• Originally posted by delapuerta View Post
                          What's the difference and what CAA did for her? She has toured a lot internationally since 2015 2 European tours, 1 in Asia also she continued her residency in Las Vegas and extended her Christmas show to Europe
                          They didn't procure these things for her all on their own. Agents should get you new and fresh opportunities, and they weren't doing that for her. They just traded on her name, and badly. Mariah is bankable in a lot of areas outside of music, and there wasn't much materializing for her. Where are the endorsements, the perfumes, the clothing line, the TV shows, the movie roles? Those things are out there for her, despite what some people might think. Where are they? Say what you want about Jigsaw, but she diversified Mariah's opportunities (albeit, quite badly) and made deals for her that her agents weren't even thinking of.

I don't know the details of each of her deals, but the tours were things Mariah and her label wanted and initiated. Her albums don't sell that well anymore, so she HAS to tour. UTA had nothing to do with #1 to Infinity when she initially got it. That was pure Mariah, actually. Extending it wasn't hard. They probably got her a good deal, as agents should, but it was already there for her.

Not impressed.

Comment

• These Mimi moments need to end lol

Comment

• I've noticed Obsessed's YouTube views have also jumped this month as well

Comment

• Originally posted by banksy View Post
                                They didn't procure these things for her all on their own. Agents should get you new and fresh opportunities, and they weren't doing that for her. They just traded on her name, and badly. Mariah is bankable in a lot of areas outside of music, and there wasn't much materializing for her. Where are the endorsements, the perfumes, the clothing line, the TV shows, the movie roles? Those things are out there for her, despite what some people might think. Where are they? Say what you want about Jigsaw, but she diversified Mariah's opportunities (albeit, quite badly) and made deals for her that her agents weren't even thinking of.

I don't know the details of each of her deals, but the tours were things Mariah and her label wanted and initiated. Her albums don't sell that well anymore, so she HAS to tour. UTA had nothing to do with #1 to Infinity when she initially got it. That was pure Mariah, actually. Extending it wasn't hard. They probably got her a good deal, as agents should, but it was already there for her.

Not impressed.
                                Thanks! I didn't know what kind of stuff these agencies do, now I've got it clear. So maybe Mariah is craving for more?

Comment

• Is the InFamous user on the Lil'Nas OTR thread the same one we had to put up w/on this thread?
                                  Just a DEVIANT, PERTURBED, DERANGED, MACABRE, MANIAC, LUNATIC, IRRATIONAL PSYCHO-TO-BE.

Comment

• Originally posted by Strat View Post
                                    I've noticed Obsessed's YouTube views have also jumped this month as well
                                    It's way up on iTunes now at #605 (#135 on Pop) + re-entered Brazil's Apple Music at #435.

And you know what they say...."As Brazil goes...so goes the nation."

Comment

• Originally posted by SawyerHewitt View Post
                                      Is the InFamous user on the Lil'Nas OTR thread the same one we had to put up w/on this thread?
                                      Yes. Banned from this thread for a month, but can post everywhere else.

Comment

• Originally posted by Strat View Post
                                        I've noticed Obsessed's YouTube views have also jumped this month as well
                                        Yes it's true!

2019/07/14 - 70,218
                                        2019/07/15 - 75,171
                                        2019/07/16 - 75,771
                                        2019/07/17 - 74,664
                                        2019/07/18 - 83,543
                                        2019/07/19 - 89,163
                                        2019/07/20 - 89,169
                                        2019/07/21 - 85,167
                                        She was kind of fragile and she had a lot to grapple with but basically she kept it all inside ...

Comment

• Hey guys, i remember reading somewhere that Mariah doesn't like Almost Home? Is it true and if it's true why? Thanks.

I do think it's a great pop song btw.
                                          Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                                            Hey guys, i remember reading somewhere that Mariah doesn't like Almost Home? Is it true and if it's true why? Thanks.

I do think it's a great pop song btw.
                                            It's too cliche but has an amazing melody
                                            Forever Young

Comment

• Originally posted by Loveguru View Post
                                              It's too cliche but has an amazing melody
                                              Yes she said it here

https://pitchfork.com/features/inter...-with-an-icon/

Comment

• I ain't a fan of the song either, bar the climax.
                                                Just a DEVIANT, PERTURBED, DERANGED, MACABRE, MANIAC, LUNATIC, IRRATIONAL PSYCHO-TO-BE.

Comment

• I've read here that some fans discovered Mariah thanks to ALmost home ....at least it did its thing back then I guess
                                                  IG Account:
                                                  https://www.instagram.com/diosbendigaestenegocio/

Comment

• Originally posted by SawyerHewitt View Post
                                                    Is the InFamous user on the Lil'Nas OTR thread the same one we had to put up w/on this thread?
                                                    He is spoiling several other threads now. Should have been banned completely for months.
                                                    My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

Working...
                                                    X