Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In a lot of ways OTR will be a blessing, it will give the haters one less reason to manufacture drama.

The number of posts popping up here belittling the 49/99c singles vs. streaming (free). LOL

Comment

• Mariah said "Darling No"

yes Mimi, that's what I wanna hear beib,i love her so much,
      we all know she got countless records that some of then won't be betten forever,

like 1st female Artist debuting at #1, �� �� ��
      and 2 convective songs of the DECADE ,

now I feel good, that Nas guy can stay at #1 for 50 weeks, I don't mind anymore, I love Mariah's response coz she know she is the Goat

plus I love Lil Nas song, even Panini is very good too

Comment

• Originally posted by himc15 View Post
        even Panini is very good too
        I shouldn't have googled that, now my ears will need time to recover. Poor kid just sounds tone-deaf to me.

Comment

• Still waiting for that pics. Also isn't teasing against forum rules?

Comment

• The virality of Mariah’s bottle cap challenge and Jimmy Fallon’s AIWFCIY makes it apparent to me that performances of Mariah being recorded singing live while in her element, instead of being broadcast live, is the best way forward

It’s also reassuring because it reinforces that her brand is still her voice, her songs, and her warm spirit

It would be fun if she did something with Obsessed

Comment

• Originally posted by allygdale View Post
              The virality of Mariah’s bottle cap challenge and Jimmy Fallon’s AIWFCIY makes it apparent to me that performances of Mariah being recorded singing live while in her element, instead of being broadcast live, is the best way forward

It’s also reassuring because it reinforces that her brand is still her voice, her songs, and her warm spirit

It would be fun if she did something with Obsessed
              She needs to come out as a singer to the public again. We all know she is still very much capable to be amazing, she has been touring all over non stop for years, which is something she didn't do before.
              She needs to mainstream her voice. They really needed to take some of the moments from the recents tours and put them on youtube with some marketing.
              It's all about her amazing voice and people have to be reminded of the fact that she's still all that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hejira View Post
                She needs to come out as a singer to the public again. We all know she is still very much capable to be amazing, she has been touring all over non stop for years, which is something she didn't do before.
                She needs to mainstream her voice. They really needed to take some of the moments from the recents tours and put them on youtube with some marketing.
                It's all about her amazing voice and people have to be reminded of the fact that she's still all that.
                What better way to do that than posting performances? She broadcast the high note for the world and they were shook, imagine her doing IGTV performances with Daniel Moore and the background singers

Comment

What better way to do that than posting performances? She broadcast the high note for the world and they were shook, imagine her doing IGTV performances with Daniel Moore and the background singers
                  The lambs would love it if she included a few of the album cuts in a series like that (Music Box, etc.).

Comment

Or with Dev Hynes. Don't do a pizza, play a song

Comment

• "Obsessed" is going to be her 19th #1 thanks to TikTok oh wow
                      Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post
                        "Obsessed" is going to be her 19th #1 thanks to TikTok oh wow
                        What?

Comment

• Originally posted by SpyVsSpy View Post
                          What?
                          Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• Originally posted by WEBofDESIRE View Post
                            In a lot of ways OTR will be a blessing, it will give the haters one less reason to manufacture drama.

The number of posts popping up here belittling the 49/99c singles vs. streaming (free). LOL
                            The fact of the matter is, that Mariah's phsyical singles were discounted to match the market first and foremost. By the late 1990s the UK had overtaken the US - along with Japan in terms of singles sales. By 2000 Germany and France had overtaken it as well.

a) The singles discount was used by all major Sony music acts.
                            b) It only affected My All, Heartbreaker and Thank God I Found You.
                            My Chart

Comment

I would fall out of my chair if it actually hit the bubbling under chart (not going to happen).

Nice that a new generation is getting some exposure to an older track. I wonder what started this to begin with?

Comment

• OTR is expected to stay at #1 for the 17th week.

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                                  The fact of the matter is, that Mariah's phsyical singles were discounted to match the market first and foremost. By the late 1990s the UK had overtaken the US - along with Japan in terms of singles sales. By 2000 Germany and France had overtaken it as well.

a) The singles discount was used by all major Sony music acts.
                                  b) It only affected My All, Heartbreaker and Thank God I Found You.
                                  I know, I did purchase a Honey single for 99 as well. It was the first to get the low standard price in the US. I guess the haters think non-fans bought these and immediately threw them in the bin.

Comment

• I fully expected week 17, I think we all knew that was coming. I hope the crazy twitter lambs keep it together.

Comment

• Mariah doesn't need to break records because she sets them. She'll remain the only female to chart longer at #1 on the Hot 100.
                                      You ain't gotta break down,
                                      YOU'RE TOO STRONG!"

Comment

• And "Obsessed" is going to get that record back anyway...

Comment

Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post
                                          And "Obsessed" is going to get that record back anyway...
                                          Are you high?

Comment

• Yea Ally, also the fact that bottle cap and aiwfciy were both done in a very relatable manner makes it more awesome. Hope they make promos sort of like these ones
                                            Caution and Giving Me Life >>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Comment

• the desperation of this kid, he just released yet another remix feat. one of the BTS boys, I like that he knows how to play the game, but now this seem too much,

I hope billboard don't do changes after this coz others would love to do it too, so they should let him enjoy and let others use the same tactics if it will work
                                              just saying.

Comment

• Remember Mariah didn’t do 101 remixes for OSD to stay on top

Comment

• Originally posted by himc15 View Post
                                                  the desperation of this kid, he just released yet another remix feat. one of the BTS boys, I like that he knows how to play the game, but now this seem too much,

I hope billboard don't do changes after this coz others would love to do it too, so they should let him enjoy and let others use the same tactics if it will work
                                                  just saying.
                                                  I expect big changes at billboard soon anyway (hopefully after the holidays LOL). Typically whenever the hot 100 starts to lean entirely toward one genre of music, billboard makes a course correction. At this point it's just about hip-hop/rap or nothing with just a handful of outliers.

He's playing the game based on the current rules, just like everyone does.

Comment

• Originally posted by SpyVsSpy View Post
                                                    Remember Mariah didn’t do 101 remixes for OSD to stay on top
                                                    Very true! It was completely different back then. I suspect, If the song would have come out this day and age and que was in her 20s it would have had some remixes though
                                                    Underneath The Stars

Comment

Working...
                                                    X