• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mariah followed Anitta on instagram!
    See latest news on Reports, Infractions & Bans
    See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• I‘m screaming!!
      Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
        Mariah followed Anitta on instagram!
        Anitta must be freaking out when she sees it. Mariah is her biggest idol and inspiration. I think Mariah noticed she always commenting on her pics and she probably saw anitta saying Mariah is her favorite artist in the whole world on Cardi B post with obsessed video

Comment

• Last edited by mm2912; Sat August 17, 2019, 16:23.

Comment

• Omg she’s a stan your honor
            Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• https://www.instagram.com/p/B1RQxl-nswR/

Last edited by DNK; Sat August 17, 2019, 16:45.
              Mariah Carey the best singer of all time
              My Queen! My Goddess! My Idol!
              Forever and always!

Comment

• I'm so happy for Anita,

congrats beib

Comment

• I kinda feel like we should flame that biatch. Where's Caution, Emotions, AND Glitter!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by WEBofDESIRE View Post
                    I kinda feel like we should flame that biatch. Where's Caution, Emotions, AND Glitter!!!!!!
                    Caution is not available to buy here in brazil but she was listening to the album on Spotify and posted several stories listening to it and she said one mo gen is her fav song off Caution and glitter she said she always watch the movie on Mariah’s anniversary to celebrate and she posted several stories dancing to didn’t mean to turn you on

Comment

• I know she doesn't have the range but I wish normani would cover a mariah song for her album.
                      Me. I am Itsawrap.

Comment

• Originally posted by itsawrap View Post
                        I know she doesn't have the range but I wish normani would cover a mariah song for her album.
                        She already sang a Mariah medley during 5th harmony

Comment

• ^^^ you know what [MENTION=36966]itsawrap[/MENTION] means right??

I would love that too tbh

I chose "There is got to be a way""

Go Normani

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post
                            ^ Somebody That I Used To Know had a terrible video and I don't remember Gotye being anywhere to promote the song. Still, it was a huge hit. There are other songs that were big without promo and/or video. Of course it helps, but a "good" song usually finds its way to the GP anyway.
                            That's just not true though. Mariah has had a few good songs recently and none have found its way to the GP.

Mariah does need promo and good MVs to say they aren't important is very naive.. If course some songs can do well without promo and a good mv, but that's not a large portion. As I said. Fans want good MVs. They lead to better streams etc. It IS important.
                            It's just a fling baby, fling baby, nothing more than a fling baby, fling baby.

Comment

• After watching the Ariana & Streisand duet of Enough is Enough, I have to say I seriously hope Mariah and Ariana do a duet at some point. I’d be here for a Kelly Clarkson & Mariah duet. A duet album of original music would be great next!

or give us a Caution part 2!
                              Last edited by Cashiado; Sat August 17, 2019, 20:20.
                              http://marcokircher.com
                              http://reverbnation.com/marcokircher/songs

My YT Channel!
                              https://www.youtube.com/user/Cashiado
                              IG: marco235

Comment

• ^^ Still, I don't think it will do the trick. With You is a great song, had a good video and she did a brilliant tv-performance. But when radio doesn't play you on heavy rotation, you can have the greatest video but it won't change a thing. Like someone here said about Madonna's Bitch I'm Madonna video. It was viewed many times, still it wasn't a hit.
                                My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• WY is basic and with Portrait the only song that is more classic autopilot Mariah work than the rest of Caution which was very refreshing not just for Mariah's music in a sonic sense but R&B in general currently. There was no room for WY on mainstream radio in 2018. Let's be real there.
                                  I have received many gifts from God,
                                  but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• [QUOTE=DNK;7122827]https://www.instagram.com/p/B1RQxl-nswR/

Happy for Anitta... life is crazy sometimes.
                                    #mariahcarey #lambforlife

Comment

• With You is a good song. the first few weeks before the album was released, I played it non stop. after the album was released, I skipped it a few times, but now I always play it + the video is nice. at least she was trying cause sometimes it seems there's no effort & excitement.
                                      #mariahcarey #lambforlife

Comment

• ^^WY is definitely something lambs would enjoy and that's fine but if you're talking about chart success, WY just doesn't cut it today. 0 potential there. You have to separate personal likings and what actually has 2018/2019 mainstream/chart potential.

Comment

• ^ The song was only released to adult radio where it performed really respectably. So I don’t accept these “it shouldn’t have been a single” comments. It was clearly picked by either Mariah and or the label and given a push at the format that inevitably embraced it.

The issue with Caution’s single releases was that they didn’t even attempt to release a song to bigger platforms like rhythmic etc. The Distance, while not a favorite of mine, could have been pushed at that format prior to the album release. I still think GTFO had potential to be a hit had it been released by an artist 20 years younger. It also deserved more of a push.

But everyone forgets too that Mariah is almost 50 and they released a song that did well on adult radio. So no crime was committed in releasing WY. The crime was not following up WY with another single to adult radio or even attempting to push a song at rhythmic prior to album release.

Comment

• WY gots one of the best hooks in Caution, yet the verses/pre-chorus and the production are quite meh for me.
                                            Just a DEVIANT, PERTURBED, DERANGED, MACABRE, MANIAC, LUNATIC, IRRATIONAL PSYCHO-TO-BE.

Comment

• WY is still my most played song on Caution. I love the production, the hooks, the vocal layering, the melody, the lyrics. I still play it numerous times every day.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eamon View Post
                                                ^ The song was only released to adult radio where it performed really respectably. So I don’t accept these “it shouldn’t have been a single” comments. It was clearly picked by either Mariah and or the label and given a push at the format that inevitably embraced it.
                                                There are many songs that do well on adult format yet have 0 chart impact. Just like Dance/Club chart or any other niche/limitedly targeted demo format. Mainstream is much more than success on a couple of narrowly aimed formats. Just because it did decently on adult, hot AC radio doesn't mean it had what it took to actually be a hit.

Comment

• Originally posted by beredy View Post
                                                  There are many songs that do well on adult format yet have 0 chart impact. Just like Dance/Club chart or any other niche/limitedly targeted demo format. Mainstream is much more than success on a couple of narrowly aimed formats. Just because it did decently on adult, hot AC radio doesn't mean it had what it took to actually be a hit.
                                                  I didn’t say anything about adult radio = mainstream success. I pointed out that they didn’t even try to release a song prior to the album release to any mainstream format.

My point is that she’s almost 50 and they clearly and consciously only released a song to adult radio due to acknowledging the fact it would take far more money than her budget allowed to even get a Mariah song played on mainstream radio. All of radio promo and interviews that she did were mainly geared towards adult markets. So it was obviously a decision they made well in advance.

The problem wasn’t WY. The problem was the fact no single was released to mainstream formats.

Comment

• Mariah x Anitta collabo please. I love the song she did with Madonna.
                                                    http://oi42.tinypic.com/2m3lnpv.jpg

Follow me on LastFM: http://www.lastfm.es/user/S-Yair

www.instagram.com/sebastiansuaid/

Comment

Working...
                                                    X