Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AlmondBreeze View Post
    Not gonna lie - if the Dreamlover Bam Jam Remix is what the pre-Walter/Tommy original mix sounded like, it would've flopped hard...there was no way it would've reached #1 in 1993...
    Walter said all he did was add the organ flourishes and a keyboard and made the snare hit harder, not that he replaced the beat or took anything away, so it sounded the exact same but more minimal, like the difference between the Fantasy instrumental and the Fantasy remix instrumental

Bam Jam Soul has an entire different keyboard line, production, and drums, and nothing from the Big Daddy Kane beat used for the original

Some lamb went with “this must have been the original” years ago and others just agreed without paying attention to what Walter said or even bothering to notice that the Bam Jam Soul Mix didn’t even contain the Big Daddy Kane, and that Bam Jam is an entirely new instrumental by the producer who was making hits for SWV at the time
    Last edited by allygdale; Yesterday, 20:46.
    #CAUTION

Comment

• I wonder what Mariah will do when it comes to rainbow week since there’s already EP on Spotify from HB, CTAA and TGIFY; and ISB too

Comment

• Originally posted by mm2912 View Post
        I wonder what Mariah will do when it comes to rainbow week since there’s already EP on Spotify from HB, CTAA and TGIFY; and ISB too
        She may skip it.
        See latest news on Reports, Infractions & Bans
        See Mariah Carey's Memoir thread

Comment

• Originally posted by Hejira View Post

I think some people already 'noticed' 4 EP's lined up for next week, for the Daydream era. I don't know if that's legit so don't hang me up on it.
          Ohh four

Fantasy, OSD, ABMB, and UTS?

Wasn’t there a rumor that Forever had a David Morales remix with new vocals or did someone make that up?
          Forever would have been great for dance remixes whether resung or not

Always wished Forever had a DFAU-esque ending with dem heavenly “forever, you will always be the only one” layered repeats going full volume while the beat faded

I would kill for “Melt Away” acapella as a bonus on any of the EPs

I also think “Melt Away” is one of dem songs that would slay with one of those JD Ghosttown DJs My Boo remix beats

If they ain’t doing one for the Debut, Daydream (and BFly and TEOM) totally deserve Anniversary Edition(s) like Merry Christmas
          Last edited by allygdale; Yesterday, 21:00.
          #CAUTION

Comment

• Originally posted by allygdale View Post

Ohh four

Fantasy, OSD, ABMB, and UTS?

Wasn’t there a rumor that Forever had a David Morales remix with new vocals or did someone make that up?
            Forever would have been great for dance remixes whether resung or not

Always wished Forever had a DFAU-esque ending with dem heavenly “forever, you will always be the only one” layered repeats going full volume while the beat faded

I would kill for “Melt Away” acapella as a bonus on any of the EPs

I also think “Melt Away” is one of dem songs that would slay with one of those JD Ghosttown DJs My Boo remix beats

If they ain’t doing one for the Debut, Daydream (and BFly and TEOM) totally deserve Anniversary Edition(s) like Merry Christmas
            I think, if there's no 'new' stuff for the next few weeks, they might keep all the real rare stuff for last. But again I don't know. I hope it plays out this way, that when we enter the final week and the book is released we get all the good stuff as an EP.
            "Lift up your head
            Lift up your heart..."

https://soundcloud.com/jaspervanbeve...orest-of-glass

Comment

• Jermaine trolling again....

is this Mariah related?

Last edited by SmartIsNewSexy; Yesterday, 21:41.

Comment

• Leo
                Leo commented
                Editing a comment
                I don't think so, Mariah would have been in the writers list too

• SmartIsNewSexy
                SmartIsNewSexy commented
                Editing a comment
                It's a Black Lives Matters song.

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post

She may skip it.
              The teaser indicates we will get Heartbreaker video remastered, Heartbreaker 30 EP (possibly just more versions of same remixes) CTTA 30 EP (possibly just more versions of the same remixes)

Here is what’s in the teaser that we don’t have yet, in addition to any b-sides, international only bonus tracks, and other EP singles she released anyway already or will release but that were not teased:
              • Emotions demo tape with Can You Hear Me, So Blessed, Can’t Let Go
              • A performance of Endless Love with MC in curly pony tail with Daydream bangs, maybe next week?
              • Tokyo Dome, incl. Just Be Good To Me
              • Honey, My All, Breakdown videos remastered
              • Honey MC 30 EP, My All MC 30 EP, The Roof MC 30 EP
              • Heartbreaker video remastered, Heartbreaker MC 30 EP, CTTA MC 30 EP
              • I Still Believe video remaster, something to do with the original No 1s, lord knows we need that iconic cover back
              • We Belong Together MC 30 EP, DFAU MC 30 EP, The Emancipation of Mimi (reissue, maybe just vinyl?)
              • Bye Bye MC 30 EP, I Stay In Love MC 30 EP
              • Obsessed MC 30 EP (girl we need Skydiving, Imperfect, HATEU So So Def, and Impossible with K-Ci Jo Jo)
              • The Art or Letting Go cover art, which may indicate MIAMTEC generally before it was called that, in which case I will get down on my knees and pray to the lord that he with the assistance of our queen, her team, Def Jam, and Ed Shapiro will make the DEDICATED DEMO and #B resung dance remix available
              • #Beautiful MC 30 EP (please god the unreleased resung remix), Thirsty MC 30 EP
              Last edited by allygdale; Yesterday, 21:45.
              #CAUTION

Comment

• MsWeiss
                MsWeiss commented
                Editing a comment
                I wanna smoke weed with you so badly, Ally. You’re like next level ish with your thinking

Of everything you listed, I would be most excited for Can You Hear Me & Skydiving. God, I would love an HD of Skydiving so badly

• I want some remix EPs for GTFO, With You, A No No and maybe even The Distance. Don’t skip Caution Mimi
              Britney Spears Janet Jackson Christina Aguilera Michael Jackson Selena Gomez Hilary Duff Taylor Swift Justin Timberlake

Comment

• Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post
                I want some remix EPs for GTFO, With You, A No No and maybe even The Distance. Don’t skip Caution Mimi
                The thing is That the ones of those that are remixed, are all already available already to be streamed, downloaded, etc.

Comment

• That performance of Emotions at the VMA 1991 is pure fire, she own that, OMG that energy and those vocals..
                  #mariahcarey #lambforlife

Comment

• Didn't Suss One say he was working on remixes that one time for Caution? Maybe for Caution she'll just put Runway out.
                    See latest news on Reports, Infractions & Bans
                    See Mariah Carey's Memoir thread

Comment

• Ok so some lamb edited Sing Sing’s wiki entry to add that Tommy Mottola was the warden from 1994-1997. Fess up if it was you!

Comment

• For the E=MC2 era she could finally make the album available on Apple Music again...
                        Britney Spears Janet Jackson Christina Aguilera Michael Jackson Selena Gomez Hilary Duff Taylor Swift Justin Timberlake

Comment

• SmartIsNewSexy
                          SmartIsNewSexy commented
                          Editing a comment
                          It is Available on Apple music!

I use apple music and i'm listening to E=MC2 as a type.

Unless its unavailable in your country.
                      Working...
                      X