Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
    I wouldnt mind just* getting Slipping Away. But only getting it and not other B-sides as well would make me scratch my head and wonder why.
    Especially after she's recently acknowledged Everything Fades Away with the acapella moment during the last round of Butterfly Returns. I saw an Insta live thing with Walter A where he said he thought Everything Fades Away and Anytime You Need A Friend were two of the best songs he and MC wrote together. I'm not a fan of Walter A as a person, but I do have to agree with him there!

Comment

• Hope these tracks get officially released at some point

B-sides and non-U.S. bonus tracks

"Don't Play That Song (for Me)"
      "Do You Think of Me
      "Everything Fades Away"
      "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen
      "Slipping Away"
      "Do You Know Where You're Going To (Theme from Mahogany)
      "There for Me"
      "Miss You
      "There Goes My Heart
      "Sprung"
      "Secret Love"
      "Heat"
      "4real4real"
      "Runway"

Spanish recordings
      "Héroe"
      "El Amor Que Soñé
      "Mi Todo

live performances
      "We're Not Making Love Anymore" (featuring Michael Bolton)
      "With You I'm Born Again

Comment

• Well, now we have "Don't Play That Song" on the Live Debut Album.

"Do You Know Where You're Going To" saw a release on Spotify (and perhaps other streaming services) as a single in the US that is still currently available.

"Miss You" was included on The Remixes.

"God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen" is available on the 2005 re-release of Merry Christmas, and I think this is now included in the updated tracklist on many platforms. Not sure how it is outside the US, but hopefully this helps you out :-)
        You don’t have to be afraid of what you are!

Comment

• I'm curious. Why didnt they put Proctors Theatre and MSG as separate EPs or as Live albums? Were there legal or budgeting issues?

I like hearing concerts as they are rather than chopped up separately across different EPs. Not to mention she has so few live albums on the streameries.
          See latest news on Reports, Infractions & Bans
          See Mariah Carey's Memoir thread

Comment

I'm curious. Why didnt they put Proctors Theatre and MSG as separate EPs or as Live albums? Were there legal or budgeting issues?

I like hearing concerts as they are rather than chopped up separately across different EPs. Not to mention she has so few live albums on the streameries.
            I guess if this is how they're coming we can always just make them into our own Spotify playlists? I agree a full live album would be preferable but I'll make it work

Comment

I'm curious. Why didnt they put Proctors Theatre and MSG as separate EPs or as Live albums? Were there legal or budgeting issues?

I prefer them "chopped up". Otherwise you get a concert like The Debut Live where they place the speeches at the end of a song, so when you play them in a different order you hear her announce a song she isn't going to sing. I hate that. Also, those introductions to a song are nice to hear once, but not every time you play the song IMO.
              My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• AYNAF Soul convention remix out on her Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCel...ature=emb_logo

Comment

• ^I love the speeches and audience moments the most. Thats why I love live albums haha

This is great!

Comment

• Originally posted by sts View Post

I guess if this is how they're coming we can always just make them into our own Spotify playlists? I agree a full live album would be preferable but I'll make it work
                    But they’re not uploading all the performances. VOL, LTT, WY etc didn’t get an EP so no live audio from MSG or Proctors either. I hope they eventually put an separate EP with all the live áudios from these concerts

Comment

• Love watching new videos for the First time!

hopefully they found the underneath the stars video too!

Comment

• Speaking of Live albums, I hope Mariah officially releases TOKYO DOME 1996 and 1998 !!!!

i willl be on the bathroom floor if we ger HD video and audio of Tokyo dome
                        Last edited by SmartIsNewSexy; Today, 16:48.

Comment

• AYNAF ... one of Meemz' greatest songs in terms of vocal opportunities. Flowing melodies ripe for endless scatting variations and countermelodies. Plus the use of Mariah's very unique sounding gospel background choir - as unique as Phil Spector's Wall of Sound. The song is the highest quality Prime Mariah. Deserved to chart higher...

Comment

• Originally posted by AlmondBreeze View Post
                            AYNAF ... one of Meemz' greatest songs in terms of vocal opportunities. Flowing melodies ripe for endless scatting variations and countermelodies. Plus the use of Mariah's very unique sounding gospel background choir - as unique as Phil Spector's Wall of Sound. The song is the highest quality Prime Mariah. Deserved to chart higher...
                            A classic that should have hit #1 for sure. Truly one of her greatest works, and I love that she leaned into it on the remixes.
                            You don’t have to be afraid of what you are!

Comment

• Wow, they really sat on this one!

Comment

• | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

• Originally posted by SmartIsNewSexy View Post
                                  Hope these tracks get officially released at some point

B-sides and non-U.S. bonus tracks

"Don't Play That Song (for Me)"
                                  "Do You Think of Me
                                  "Everything Fades Away" HAVE THIS AS BONUS TRACK ON MB
                                  "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen
                                  "Slipping Away"
                                  "Do You Know Where You're Going To (Theme from Mahogany) ON #1s IN MY COUNTRY
                                  "There for Me"
                                  "Miss You
                                  "There Goes My Heart
                                  "Sprung" HAVE THIS AS BONUS UK TRACK
                                  "Secret Love" HAVE THIS ON SIO SINGLE
                                  "Heat" HAVE THIS. JAP VERSION
                                  "4real4real" HAVE THIS IN JAP VERSION
                                  "Runway"

Spanish recordings
                                  "Héroe"
                                  "El Amor Que Soñé
                                  "Mi Todo

live performances
                                  "We're Not Making Love Anymore" (featuring Michael Bolton)
                                  "With You I'm Born Again
                                  | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

• I want one !!!

The talent of the lambily is UNPARALLELED

Comment

• YESSS DREAMLOVER, Theo’s Club Joint version!

Comment

• Originally posted by mm2912 View Post

Since OSD? So Whitney is not A list?
                                        Forgot about that one. Though was it really a hit, only hit 17 on Billboard which is very strange. All of Mariah's and Whitneys songs that era (My Love is Your Love era and No.1s era) were all Top 10. Was there something in the release that screwed up its performance?

I need a fresh new sound from Mariah, akin to the shift from Music Box to Daydream

Comment

Working...
                                        X