Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by allygdale View Post
    I know a few of yíall canít relate, but The Distance to me is like ABMB, Fantasy, AIWFCIY because itís never going to age and it will always give me a rush of pure bliss like Iím a kid again without a worry in the world

TikTok, NFL, any kind of repetitive exposure, i still think it could make bigger waves than anything since #B

I get it, totally got you!!
    #mariahcarey #lambforlife

Comment

• Originally posted by itsjosmar View Post
      It wouldn't hurt to campaign a bit for it, remind them about Caution.
      But she didn't even acknowledge GTFO's anniversary ...
      She was kind of fragile and she had a lot to grapple with but basically she kept it all inside ...

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
        The Distance is simply put one of the best songs she has ever done. I'm such a stan of that song... and thinking that it isn't even my absolute fave from the album just speaks volumes on the quality of Caution.
        It deserved a proper video at least, not just a lyric video.
        She was kind of fragile and she had a lot to grapple with but basically she kept it all inside ...

Comment

• Originally posted by MrDash View Post
          It was rumoured GTFO was submitted for consideration last year.

I wonder if she/they will do a FYC for the voters. Something tells me they wouldve already started if they were.

Comment

she just forgets her most recent albums
            the only album she really stans is butterfly, with teom and daydream thrown in there ocasionally

Comment

• Gtfo was the perfect buzz single for caution. But the video should have been something trippy instead of beauty shots.

Comment

• Last year's submissions:

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                  Last year's submissions:

Lil SNOWMAN?

Comment

• The distance is utter popfection.
                    I stan.
                    Just a DEVIANT, PERTURBED, DERANGED, MACABRE, MANIAC, LUNATIC, IRRATIONAL PSYCHO-TO-BE.

Comment

Oh and if Caution gets a Grammy nomination... she has to perform GML... if she doesn't I will slap her bloody.
                      Stevyy thought you said Epic didn't submit Caution or any of its songs for the Grammys?

Comment

• Originally posted by sm3 View Post
                        Stevyy thought you said Epic didn't submit Caution or any of its songs for the Grammys?
                        It was advised that the members of the Recording Academy do not vote for anything by Mariah Carey. There is a memo out which states that new artist, popstitutes, should get more Grammy exposure this year to give them more credibility, regardless of their musical content.
                        My Chart

Comment

• Caution deserves at least a Grammy nomination.

And AIWFCIY needs to be inducted into the Grammy Hall of Fame

Comment

• Did IN THE MIX make the Grammy deadline ?

Comment

It was advised that the members of the Recording Academy do not vote for anything by Mariah Carey. There is a memo out which states that new artist, popstitutes, should get more Grammy exposure this year to give them more credibility, regardless of their musical content.
                              the grammys donít know what they are anymore
                              the award shows in general

mtv video music awards should be about VIDEOS, and yet both Honey & Heartbreaker, Mariahís truly iconic videos and amazing videos in general, never received nominations

billboard music awards should be about sales and charts

grammys should be about excellence, critics and audience receptions

you canít be all three or change the rules each year

Comment

• Originally posted by SmartIsNewSexy View Post
                                Did IN THE MIX make the Grammy deadline ?
                                No, the deadline was earlier this year. It's eligible for Emmy consideration for next year.

Originally posted by SmartIsNewSexy View Post
                                Caution deserves at least a Grammy nomination.

And AIWFCIY needs to be inducted into the Grammy Hall of Fame
                                It could also be inducted into the US Library of Congress Registry. Lambs can nominate the song here:
                                https://www.loc.gov/programs/nationa...stry/nominate/

The criteria says it inducts songs that are "culturally, historically or aesthetically important, and/or inform or reflect life in the United States."

Comment

• CAUTION has been listed on various websites/articles as a longshot for Grammy consideration this year for Album of the Year. Most people are predicting it to be nominated in Best R&B Album. It's technically one of the best-selling and most critically acclaimed R&B albums of the year, so it SHOULD get in there at the very least.

The Grammys have never been super friendly with Mariah though, so we'll see. I thought she might have had a decent shot at getting a nomination last year for "GTFO," but that didn't happen. Then again, I think last year was a little bit of a stronger year for R&B music. This year, Mariah's main competition in the R&B categories is Solange, Beyonce, Khalid and Lizzo. The Knowles sisters are not a sure thing to be nominated though and Khalid and Lizzo will at least be competing in a different album category than Mariah (urban contemporary album).

So the only way Mariah misses out on a Grammy nom this year is if the R&B judging panel decides to go with more traditional R&B artists that aren't super relevant today like Raphael Saadiq, PJ Morton and India.Arie or if they want to reward super new contemporary urban artists like Ari Lennox or Jamelia.

For my money, Mariah SHOULD and DESERVES to get into Best R&B Album and Best Traditional R&B Performance for "With You".

...But we'll see.

Comment

• Mariah may lock up a nomination if she campaigns for it (ie. submit For Your Consideration materials). Otherwise, I would say she has just a good possibility.

I don't see her competing well in the general fields but I would love if she tried!

Comment

• Originally posted by SawyerHewitt View Post
                                      The distance is utter popfection.
                                      I stan.
                                      I stan with all of yous
                                      Everything, it only fades...

Comment

Oh and if Caution gets a Grammy nomination... she has to perform GML... if she doesn't I will slap her bloody.
                                        I may be in the minority here but I don't think GML translates well live. I love that song but it does nothing for me in a live setting. Maybe if she arranges it differently it could work.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robby View Post
                                          I may be in the minority here but I don't think GML translates well live. I love that song but it does nothing for me in a live setting. Maybe if she arranges it differently it could work.
                                          same here...it's one of those songs that sound better when you are with your headphones in another state of mind...same as lullaby and candy bling
                                          Last edited by Colombia71345; Thu September 19th, 2019, 21:21.
                                          IG Account:
                                          https://www.instagram.com/diosbendigaestenegocio/

Comment

• If she were to perform at the Grammyís Id love her to sing PORTRAIT

Comment

• Originally posted by DNK View Post
                                              Who would have thought everyone would sing the song 10 years later?

Today I mentioned the song again in class and I find it so funny how everyone starts to sing the song. Can't believe all those kids know this song. But when I asked who the singer was, some said "tiktok"... and only one boy said "Maria something". LOL
                                              My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• "All I Want For Christmas Is You" has reached 500 000 millions listens now on Spotify
                                                https://soundcloud.com/hephaestusdog

Comment

Lil SNOWMAN?
                                                  Yeah! One of my all time favorite Christmas songs.
                                                  My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• The Distance has my vote for the Grammy's. I'd love a live remixed version of it. But as long as there's no medley of any sort, I'll be okay.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X