Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post
    Yeah! One of my all time favorite Christmas songs.

Good one! Well played.

Comment

Who would have thought everyone would sing the song 10 years later?

Today I mentioned the song again in class and I find it so funny how everyone starts to sing the song. Can't believe all those kids know this song. But when I asked who the singer was, some said "tiktok"... and only one boy said "Maria something". LOL
      [MENTION=65100]aRat[/MENTION]chet lives in a hole called Germany tho.
      Originally posted by beredy
      When people see your post this is what they see:

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

• My most played Christmas songs since Christmas 2015:

01. Mariah Carey | The Star
        02. Mariah Carey | Lil Snowman
        03. Mariah Carey | One Child
        04. Jim Reeves | Señor Santa Claus
        05. Mariah Carey | When Christmas Comes
        06. Gerard Joling | Christmas On The Dancefloor
        07. Jim Reeves | The Merry Christmas Polka
        08. Mariah Carey | Here Comes Santa Claus (Right Down Santa Clause Lane)/Housetop Celebration
        09. Ariana Grande | Santa Tell Me
        10. Michael Bublé | Holly Jolly Christmas
        My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• I'm back after a long time. Ugh, GTFO is still that big hit that got away.
          NoHype.

my lousy cover of "Sway"https://soundcloud.com/nyein-chann-a...n-martin-cover

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
            aRatchet lives in a hole called Germany tho.
            Hey, don't get me in the mix with him. I think it's pretty amazing that 9 year old kids know Obsessed and can sing along. So they don't know who sings it, but most people (adults included) can't name singers and song titles combined when they're not into music like we forum members are.

Comment

Hey, don't get me in the mix with him. I think it's pretty amazing that 9 year old kids know Obsessed and can sing along. So they don't know who sings it, but most people (adults included) can't name singers and song titles combined when they're not into music like we forum members are.
              So you think of a 9 year old more highly than [MENTION=65100]aRat[/MENTION]chet?

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

• [MENTION=31471]RayRay[/MENTION] in December you should tell them that the singer who sings Obsessed is also the original artist and songwriter of AIWFCIY... their heads will explode.
                My Chart

Comment

• OK so IN The Mix has grown on me now. It's a decent song.
                  My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                    [MENTION=31471]RayRay[/MENTION] in December you should tell them that the singer who sings Obsessed is also the original artist and songwriter of AIWFCIY... their heads will explode.
                    I already told them. Cause when I mention Mariah Carey, they are like "WHO?!"
                    So then I point to the picture in my class room: "Look that is me with Mariah Carey (photoshop unfortunately) and she sings a song everyone knows... All I want for Christmas..." And then the kids finish my sentence: "Is you..."

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                      OK so IN The Mix has grown on me now. It's a decent song.
                      same haha

*walks the path of shame*
                      IG Account:
                      https://www.instagram.com/diosbendigaestenegocio/

Comment

• Originally posted by Colombia71345 View Post
                        same here...it's one of those songs that sound better when you are with your headphones in another state of mind...same as lullaby and candy bling
                        Agree completely. But I still adore GML! Truthfully, even the masterpiece “The Roof” wouldn’t translate that well live unless she’s doing a cappella harmonies like she did for us last year with her singers. Some songs are better as recordings especially when they are more atmospheric. And I wouldn’t want the world to discover GML in a lackluster live performance rather than in its full glory. I do think it was awesome that Dev Hynes and Slick Rick performed it with her at MSG. That is just an awesome moment in history.
                        You don’t have to be afraid of what you are!

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                          Mariah may lock up a nomination if she campaigns for it (ie. submit For Your Consideration materials). Otherwise, I would say she has just a good possibility.

I don't see her competing well in the general fields but I would love if she tried!
                          This! Grammy voters are mostly music critics and music critics liked Caution, the hard part will be getting her through the committees for nominations
                          #CAUTION

Comment

• 100% agree!
                            One of the best songs she put out that the general public is clueless about! The world and media has changed! Back in the day, GTFO would have been a huge hit!
                            Record companies don’t know how to promote legend artists with all these changes!
                            Last edited by Cashiado; Thu September 19th, 2019, 23:18.
                            http://marcokircher.com
                            http://reverbnation.com/marcokircher/songs

My YT Channel!
                            https://www.youtube.com/user/Cashiado
                            IG: marco235

Comment

• Consider all that she did for the Golden Globes nomination.

She met with individual voters for interviews and she did a private performance for them. Not to mention increasing her star power and name through things like the Chinese Theatre Imprint ceremony.

For the Critics Choice award we know they sent those cards that played the song as it was opened.

The reality is that voting processes are political. People like to be wooed. Perhaps they will try with the Grammys if she is already through with a nomination but I think it may be too late if they just sit around and wait. Orrrr just rely on her Christmas ubiquity.

Comment

• Here’s an article from Billboard on how people usually go about to secure Grammy nominations/wins:

https://www.billboard.com/articles/b...mpaign-secrets

Comment

• In The Mix is literally the only song I’ve listened to since it dropped. Probably 100 times now! Know all the lyrics by heart already
                                  I AM A GOD!

Comment

• So question if you guys had to pick one for 2020, would you want

1) MC16 with 10-12 new original tracks

OR

2) reissue of debut with bonus disk - demo tape and never before heard debut-era tracks

Comment

• Originally posted by jr588 View Post
                                      So question if you guys had to pick one for 2020, would you want

OR

2) reissue of debut with bonus disk - demo tape and never before heard debut-era tracks
                                      That's a tough one. I guess I'd go with the new music.

Comment

OR

Emancipation of Mimi/WBGOAT being re-released for 15th anniversary

Comment

• Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• She sounds amazing!
                                            What a beautiful rendition! Queens.

Comment

• It's not even céline.You mistake her with her opening act wich is Véronic Dicaire.She's not bad but i don't like the way she says im such a diva and everything near the end it seem to me like she is mocking mariah.

Comment

• Ooops.

Comment

OR

new music

Comment

• I'm still optimistic about the prospect of R&B Grammy nominations. I also think Mariah would make a plausible recipient of the MusiCares Person of the Year honour to recognize the 25th anniversary of Camp Mariah. I believe this is one of the reasons she will receive the Variety Women in Power honour. She's still a bit younger than the consensus age of past recipients, but it's not unique for Mariah to carve her own path at a slightly younger age than her peers.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X