Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Legendary.

    "Lift up your head
    Lift up your heart..."

    https://soundcloud.com/jaspervanbeve...orest-of-glass

    Comment


    • Them runs in that performance...
      I-
      We ain't worthy.
      Just a DEVIANT, PERTURBED, DERANGED, MACABRE, MANIAC, LUNATIC, IRRATIONAL PSYCHO-TO-BE.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Eamon View Post
        Deserves it why?

        ikr ??!!,like wtf?
        some people.

        Comment


        • That performance of My All!!!
          Often imitated, never duplicated!
          Awesome!
          http://marcokircher.com
          http://reverbnation.com/marcokircher/songs

          My YT Channel!
          https://www.youtube.com/user/Cashiado
          IG: marco235

          Comment


          • That performance of My All!!!
            Often imitated, never duplicated!
            Awesome!
            http://marcokircher.com
            http://reverbnation.com/marcokircher/songs

            My YT Channel!
            https://www.youtube.com/user/Cashiado
            IG: marco235

            Comment


            • Mariah Carey the best singer of all time
              My Queen! My Goddess! My Idol!
              Forever and always!

              Comment


              • Mariah Carey the best singer of all time
                My Queen! My Goddess! My Idol!
                Forever and always!

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Eamon View Post
                  Deserves it why?
                  Mimi does exactly that in her performances...I’ve said it before, that ‘diva’ act is not endearing to a lot of people which is why she is a poor touring artist compared to even newbies. I’m aware not many lambs will like hearing this.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by SpyVsSpy View Post
                    Mimi does exactly that in her performances...I’ve said it before, that ‘diva’ act is not endearing to a lot of people which is why she is a poor touring artist compared to even newbies. I’m aware not many lambs will like hearing this.
                    That’s nonsense. She might make 1-2 passing jokes or bring out her glam squad for a 20 second touch up but it’s not like she’s constantly referring to being a diva or playing up to it during the entire show. She’s a poor touring act because she failed to develop that aspect of her career at her peak and is trying to play catch up now after many years of high profile messy performances.

                    The obsession with the diva image and how she is perceived is a typical British fan thing. Just because The Sun writes that she won’t walk on carpet or demands 50 white doves, doesn’t mean it’s true and it doesn’t mean that every issue with her career stems from her diva behavior that is exaggerated/made up largely by the tabloid British media.

                    Comment


                    • Mariah had her Variety shoot eight hours ago l


                      I said dahling, you play Mariah
                      Last edited by allygdale; Sat September 21st, 2019, 09:22.
                      #CAUTION

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Eamon View Post
                        That’s nonsense. She might make 1-2 passing jokes or bring out her glam squad for a 20 second touch up but it’s not like she’s constantly referring to being a diva or playing up to it during the entire show. She’s a poor touring act because she failed to develop that aspect of her career at her peak and is trying to play catch up now after many years of high profile messy performances.

                        The obsession with the diva image and how she is perceived is a typical British fan thing. Just because The Sun writes that she won’t walk on carpet or demands 50 white doves, doesn’t mean it’s true and it doesn’t mean that every issue with her career stems from her diva behavior that is exaggerated/made up largely by the tabloid British media.
                        If thats what you believe then okay.

                        Comment


                        • I think many forget that in her prime she had no problem filling larger venues. She didn't do it often, but could. She's hardly the only artist 30yrs into a career that plays smaller venues. There are some that don't, but the greater majority do.

                          Comment


                          • She's a poor touring artist because of her diva attitude? Wow, that's a new one

                            Comment


                            • I don't know what these people think tbh!! what is wrong with them?? Mariah is not big touring act we know, do u know why??coz we know she never was and maybe will never be, it's okay we got it, we are not complaining, but she sold more than 250 mln records coz she is that talented and will continue to do so, her Diva thing is for paparazzi and haters, we know these from people who have met her personaly and live (d) with her,

                              now, saying she deserve anything negative from other stars just because her Diva play is rude, no one deserves to mocked or laughed for their misfortunes coz we don't know what they were going through at that time in their lives, but they can make jokes about themselves coz some will do it to ease pain or just the way of coping with those hardship,

                              I can't believe I'm reading something as "she deserves it" from a Mariah fan on a Mariah forum, what??

                              wow, #Shame.

                              Comment


                              • anyway

                                regarding "ITM, I'm so surprised with the sing in Germany, what a hold, seem like Germans loves the song, it's out of top 100 iTunes in most of major market but still hanging around 60s in almost a week now,
                                Go Mariah

                                Comment


                                • Originally posted by SpyVsSpy View Post
                                  If thats what you believe then okay.
                                  What are you basing your opinion on? 3 people you heard talking about her in the corner shop or actual evidence?

                                  The only fans totally consumed by Mariah’s “diva attitude” are the British ones who are overly concerned by public perception and blame every failed single on her personality. It’s as if they can’t seem to separate what’s real from what they read in a tabloid. Sad.

                                  Comment


                                  • Originally posted by WEBofDESIRE View Post
                                    I think many forget that in her prime she had no problem filling larger venues. She didn't do it often, but could. She's hardly the only artist 30yrs into a career that plays smaller venues. There are some that don't, but the greater majority do.

                                    If she had done it more regularly in her prime when she was filling larger venues, it would have given her a better touring reputation for when she actually started to rely on touring as a revenue stream.

                                    Regardless, she’s doing just fine. She’s basically been on a constant world tour for 5 years with varying results but she still has the ability to do it.

                                    Comment


                                    • Originally posted by himc15 View Post
                                      anyway

                                      regarding "ITM, I'm so surprised with the sing in Germany, what a hold, seem like Germans loves the song, it's out of top 100 iTunes in most of major market but still hanging around 60s in almost a week now,
                                      Go Mariah
                                      Germany is a 100% streaming market now. Unless the song would stay in the top 3 on Itunes for a whole week, it wouldn't even chart in the top 500 overall songs.

                                      a song at that position sells 10 copies per 24 hours in Germany.
                                      My Chart

                                      Comment


                                      • Originally posted by Eamon View Post
                                        If she had done it more regularly in her prime when she was filling larger venues, it would have given her a better touring reputation for when she actually started to rely on touring as a revenue stream.

                                        Regardless, she’s doing just fine. She’s basically been on a constant world tour for 5 years with varying results but she still has the ability to do it.
                                        I think she is doing better than fine in touring these days. She can sell between 5,000-10,000 tickets per show on all continents she has visited in the past 5 years.

                                        a world tour which would visit all continents and would consist of 50 shows (or so) could very well gross over $40 million, depending on the venues and cities.

                                        I think that Mariah is a category B size touring act if Madonna and Céline are considered A size touring acts.
                                        My Chart

                                        Comment


                                        • Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                                          I think she is doing better than fine in touring these days. She can sell between 5,000-10,000 tickets per show on all continents she has visited in the past 5 years.

                                          a world tour which would visit all continents and would consist of 50 shows (or so) could very well gross over $40 million, depending on the venues and cities.

                                          I think that Mariah is a category B size touring act if Madonna and Céline are considered A size touring acts.
                                          And thats perfectly respectable considering it looked like we’d never see her back in Europe on tour at the start of the decade. I really thought I’d have to go to the US if I ever wanted to see Mariah on tour. But I’ve seen her 4 times in 3 years and once here at home so it’s been great for the fans.

                                          Comment


                                          • Happy anniversary, Glitter! (The film)

                                            Comment


                                            • Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                                              I think she is doing better than fine in touring these days. She can sell between 5,000-10,000 tickets per show on all continents she has visited in the past 5 years.

                                              a world tour which would visit all continents and would consist of 50 shows (or so) could very well gross over $40 million, depending on the venues and cities.

                                              I think that Mariah is a category B size touring act if Madonna and Céline are considered A size touring acts.
                                              I agree. She's been in Europe a lot and she's done ok, in UK she's huge. She always sells all the tickets.
                                              She's not Madonna or Celine status, but she can manage to sell venues. In Madrid last December she sold 7500 tickets, when she hadn't been on promo here since CB days.
                                              I saw her in Tokyo and the Budokkan was full and she sold out two nights in a row and one in Osaka.
                                              I've been to 11 concerts of her and none of them were empty

                                              Comment


                                              • Her tours are choppy in the sense that they start, stop, break, start again then stop. Then another tour starts shortly after.

                                                I dont mind this because it means shes working on other projects (the consistency of new music isis isisadmirable!!) but it also means it appears her touring numbers at the end arent high.

                                                Perhaps it’s better to track her touring by years vs by name.

                                                Comment


                                                • Why I've loved with Caution tour is the production and the stage have looked better and she's rehearsed. You can notice, because she didn't need anyone to pick her up from here to there

                                                  Comment


                                                  • [MENTION=35435]allygdale[/MENTION] speaking about photoshoots, we havent seen this one yet:

                                                    Comment

                                                    Working...
                                                    X