No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ^ It's not just charts. It's reputation.

And in fact, as has been seen over the past few decades.. it's not just Mariah or her label that do what they need to promote and achieve success for an artist. However that 'article' is a hatchet job.

What they're claiming if proven untrue is libel. They're big accusations against not just Mariah but other artists, and Billboard.

Also - they're not 'magazine writers' - they're average people blogging on a public site, which is what that website offers. Which is no different to this forum or reddit.
    There's no record of that person being a journalist of any kind.
    Last edited by InfoFromAus; Mon December 16, 2019, 10:43.
    MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• Originally posted by SnakeHandler View Post
      6 hours.
      hope it takes us to #1
      music.is.life.is.music

Comment

• Edit: Dupe
        Last edited by Zeph; Mon December 16, 2019, 10:44.

Comment

• Originally posted by InfoFromAus View Post
          ^ It's not just charts. It's reputation.

And in fact, as has been seen over the past few decades.. it's not just Mariah or her label that do what they need to promote and achieve success for an artist. However that 'article' is a hatchet job.

What they're claiming if proven untrue is libel. They're big accusations against not just Mariah but other artists, and Billboard.
          That is also a very good point. Whoever wrote that is accusing many big names and Billboard. And saying there will be lawsuits against the magaine. It's libel if he can't prove what he says.

Comment

• Originally posted by hawk25 View Post
            What is a lot of payola to you? She had some of her number one songs helped by strategies like that. The way many other big names had. Still she has a lot of legit big sales in her career. And at the end of the day. You can do things to help a song get more exposure. But it's up to the GP to make it a hit. Which AIWFCIU truly is. And it's not her only hit. An article calling her a fraud is not an objective piece of journalism. It's a trolling article. Debut. Music Box, Emotions, Merry Christmas, Daydream, Butterfly, Rainbow, TEOM. #1, they are all real hit eras and the numbers prove it. And you'd be in denial to say otherwise.
            I’m going to sleep. Nobody is denying her eras but you should read the articles he the writer referenced:
            “Fox News famously exposed Carey’s chart fraud, and sites such as HuffPost and the New York Times have also elaborated.”

This isn’t the first time this has been said and it’s been a known fact for decades! But it was smart marketing, like I wrote above. Reread what I wrote... and yes this is her last true chance at a #1 AT THIS STAGE OF HER CAREER...in case you haven’t noticed she and her contemporaries have had difficulty placing even one track on the Hot 100 with their recent albums. AIWFC is a going to be a constant winner for her each holiday season as long as the rules stay the same. Goodnight to whatever part of the world you are in.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zeph View Post
              I’m going to sleep. Nobody is denying her eras but you should read the articles he the writer referenced:
              Fox News[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.843137)] famously exposed Carey’s chart fraud, and sites such as [/COLOR]HuffPost[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.843137)][/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.843137)]and the [/COLOR]New York Times[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.843137)][/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.843137)]have also elaborated.”

This isn’t the first time this has been said and it’s been a known fact for decades! But it was smart marketing, like I wrote above. Reread what I wrote... and yes this is her last true chance at a #1 AT THIS STAGE OF HER CAREER...in case you haven’t noticed she and her contemporaries have had difficulty placing even one track on the Hot 100 with their recent albums. AIWFC is a going to be a constant winner for her each holiday season as long as the rules stay the same. Goodnight to whatever part of the world you are in.
              [/COLOR]
              Right. Posting an article like that now. When Mariah doesn't even need to try to get a hit during this time of the year.
              Last edited by hawk25; Mon December 16, 2019, 11:04.

Comment

Iím going to sleep. Nobody is denying her eras but you should read the articles he the writer referenced:
                ďFox News[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.843137)] famously exposed Careyís chart fraud, and sites such as [/COLOR]HuffPost[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.843137)][/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.843137)]and the [/COLOR]New York Times[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.843137)][/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.843137)]have also elaborated.Ē

This isnít the first time this has been said and itís been a known fact for decades! But it was smart marketing, like I wrote above. Reread what I wrote... and yes this is her last true chance at a #1 AT THIS STAGE OF HER CAREER...in case you havenít noticed she and her contemporaries have had difficulty placing even one track on the Hot 100 with their recent albums. AIWFC is a going to be a constant winner for her each holiday season as long as the rules stay the same. Goodnight to whatever part of the world you are in.
                [/COLOR]
                Sure. Other big names have used payola too. Yet only mention Mariah during the time of the year. Where AIWFCIU rises up the charts. And it's a legit big monster every year. Why only mention her and at this time in paticular?

Oh and that new york times article also says. "Ultimately, if the record doesn't work with people, no matter how much you pervert the figures it doesn't matter. What these things can only do is help expose a record. From that point on, it's up to the public to decide." Mariah has many legit hits and many big eras. She is not a fraud.
                Last edited by hawk25; Mon December 16, 2019, 10:49.

Comment

• Hahaha these attempts to discredit AIWFC success this year now that its closing to number 1 is hilarious. Where are all these naysayers for the past 5 years?

But thank you for bringing a FRESHLY WRITTEN article straight here in the forum OUT OF THE BLUE. and nice to meet you here in the mariah thread.
                  Forget the image, forget the ensembles, forget the rumors, forget the short skirts, big hair.....

Comment

• You know MC is winning when all the haters are out in full force.. Lol
                    #CAUTION
                    #GIVINGMELIFE

Comment

• Hahaha these attempts to discredit AIWFC success this year now that its closing to number 1 is hilarious. Where are all these naysayers for the past 5 years?

But thank you for bringing a FRESHLY WRITTEN article straight here in the forum OUT OF THE BLUE. and nice to meet you here in the mariah thread.
                      Forget the image, forget the ensembles, forget the rumors, forget the short skirts, big hair.....

Comment

Also - they're not 'magazine writers' - they're average people blogging on a public site, which is what that website offers. Which is no different to this forum or reddit.
                        TBH I’ve got a feeling it’s all true. It’s all business; nothing less and nothing more. Labels have found ways to manipulate the charts for decades. It’s just that some artists and labels care more than others. Mariah Carey has always cared and nobody is saying it’s a bad thing.

Comment

TBH Iíve got a feeling itís all true. Itís all business; nothing less and nothing more. Labels have found ways to manipulate the charts for decades. Itís just that some artists and labels care more than others. Mariah Carey has always cared and nobody is saying itís a bad thing.

Comment

• ^ That's not what that post is suggesting.

No one is denying that Sony discounted some of Mariah's singles to 49c or withheld a song till airplay surged. That's not in dispute. And nor are any of those 'tactics' illegal or unethical or any worse than ticket or merch bundles today.

The post is alleging fraud at Billboard. It's not something you can just allege lightly without concrete proof.
                            MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• ^^ to all the haters, stay pressed.. Lol
                              Last edited by FrancoisWong; Mon December 16, 2019, 11:08.
                              #CAUTION
                              #GIVINGMELIFE

Comment

TBH I’ve got a feeling it’s all true. It’s all business; nothing less and nothing more. Labels have found ways to manipulate the charts for decades. It’s just that some artists and labels care more than others. Mariah Carey has always cared and nobody is saying it’s a bad thing.
                                Yeah right. Because other artists (like the one in your avi for example) don't care about success. And their labels never discounted any of their singles right?

Mariah has many legit hits. And many successful eras. The numbers prove it.

And that article is not talking about discounting singles. Which is not even illegal. It is accusing artists and Billboard of fraud.

Comment

• Originally posted by FrancoisWong View Post
                                  You know MC is winning when all the haters are out in full force.. Lol
                                  In all honestly, the “haters” as you call them, were around for her last 3 albums too.

Comment

• I'm amazed we haven't heard yet that Mariah bought all of her CD's
                                    music.is.life.is.music

Comment

• Can the trolls leave this thread like right now? Lol, lambs just ignore them and letís focus our energy on WINNING, letís continue pushing and streaming etc, this is what matters now!! And more than one week at #1 should be our goal! GO GO GO!!

Comment

• Do we get Mariah's "All I Want..." '19 Tour final boxscores?
                                        music.is.life.is.music

Comment

• Originally posted by mariahcareyfan View Post
                                          Can the trolls leave this thread like right now? Lol, lambs just ignore them and let’s focus our energy on WINNING, let’s continue pushing and streaming etc, this is what matters now!! And more than one week at #1 should be our goal! GO GO GO!!
                                          Yep, ignore the trolls and focus our energy on WINNING!
                                          #CAUTION
                                          #GIVINGMELIFE

Comment

• From memory, when Touch my Body went to #1, Mariah's team announced the news (via press release), BEFORE Billboard did.

I expect the same today.

Comment

• I wish we knew already, the anticipation is too much.
                                              ...as I close my eyes, steady my feet on the ground.....

Comment

• Originally posted by SmartIsNewSexy View Post
                                                From memory, when Touch my Body went to #1, Mariah's team announced the news (via press release), BEFORE Billboard did.

I expect the same today.
                                                #MC25
                                                music.is.life.is.music

Comment

• Originally posted by SmartIsNewSexy View Post
                                                  From memory, when Touch my Body went to #1, Mariah's team announced the news (via press release), BEFORE Billboard did.

I expect the same today.
                                                  We shall know it soon enough. How many hours left? 4?
                                                  She was kind of fragile and she had a lot to grapple with but basically she kept it all inside ...

Comment

• Okay I know everyone is up in arms about that article, but is it wrong that (if even a grain of it is true)...I kinda find it an iconic boss move LMAO???

And I only say this because, AIWFCIY has been an organically growing and undeniable hit this decade, in a manner that is truly unprecedented. And a SOLO one at that, which is difficult to get, not everybody has that, so troll that stans a woman who only got hits this decade bc of collabs w big artists, take note.

But yes, AIWFCIY was destined to reach the summit bc of its enduring popularity, and if Mariah and her team have the power to be in direct cahoots w the editor of Billboard to ensure that its seasonal dominance is reflected in the charts...thatís iconic idc!

And anyone trying to bring in ďoh payola in the 90s, her career is fraudulentĒ....sweetie...her undeniable impact speaks for itself. The simple truth is no matter how much payola an artist has used, you donít leave an impact on MUSIC as large as Mariahís without legitimate success. And sheís had that, so pls stfu and just stan her, you know you want to
                                                    How bout you...

Comment

Working...
                                                    X