Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hope she talks a bit about Patricia!
    She mentions that Pat marched with Dr. King on Washington! There’s some serious civil rights history in Mariah’s life, and I’d love to hear her perspective

Comment

• Originally posted by Hejira View Post
      I wonder if there will be some self reflection. I mean, literally looking back on choices and how they might have not been as good as she though initially. I'm looking for vulnerability in this book. It's fun to have some tea on others but a vulnerable Mariah will make the book great.
      Same and Agree. I want her do write this like a diary. Ofc there are certain private things that don't have to be shared with the whole world, but i hope she doesn't tries to summarize or skip stories bc she thinks it wouldn't be so interesting for us to read or something.
      Somebody's doing the wrong note.

Comment

• Oh I definitely expect her to delve into details about growing up biracial and covering Mama Pat’s activities. I suspect there will be more about her early life than about managerial and career decisions
        See latest news on Reports, Infractions & Bans
        See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• I hope she doesn't sugar coat the "loverboy sample" thief moment....

Comment

• 19th #1 Completed
            20th #1 Coming soon

When will your faves?

Comment

• I love I AM FREE as a title too.. that's a good one.
              the memoir would probably include the word or the symbol of a Butterfly..
              #mariahcarey #lambforlife

Comment

• Comment

• Last edited by SmartIsNewSexy; Sat January 4, 2020, 10:01.

Comment

• https://www.echopress.com/opinion/le...h-Mariah-Carey

Comment

• Wow!

To the editor:

There has been a lot of conversation of Mariah Carey in recent days about her Christmas song, “All I Want for Christmas Is You” (named by Billboard magazine as the final top song of the decade). I would like to tell you about my experience with Mariah.

I worked as a flight attendant for America West Airlines from 1985- 1995 based in Phoenix AZ. Mariah and friends were on my flight to Las Vegas to celebrate her birthday. It was a somber time for our country as the Gulf War was in progress. I asked Mariah if she would sing the National Anthem over the PA system. She nervously obliged giving a beautiful rendition, bringing a sense of peace, along with a tear or two, to all us on that plane. A very special moment indeed!

I LOVE reading stories like this.

Comment

• I have found some tea in another website, but you never know if it’s true or not so take it with a grain of salt, a hotel host witness said him self that few months ago that mariah used to be in their hotel but under different name, and guess what, he saw tommy visiting her penthouse couple of times, and even with a package of champagnes at once..., my theory if this was true it might be for the book or even for the latest Christmas campaign, yes her management did fabulous job but i guess a certain strong connections network played a part in this, but who knows, might be just some gossip, you can find this info if you searched.

Comment

• double post

Comment

• Underrated.

Comment

• Originally posted by SmartIsNewSexy View Post
                              Wow!

To the editor:

There has been a lot of conversation of Mariah Carey in recent days about her Christmas song, “All I Want for Christmas Is You” (named by Billboard magazine as the final top song of the decade). I would like to tell you about my experience with Mariah.

I worked as a flight attendant for America West Airlines from 1985- 1995 based in Phoenix AZ. Mariah and friends were on my flight to Las Vegas to celebrate her birthday. It was a somber time for our country as the Gulf War was in progress. I asked Mariah if she would sing the National Anthem over the PA system. She nervously obliged giving a beautiful rendition, bringing a sense of peace, along with a tear or two, to all us on that plane. A very special moment indeed!

Comment

• Originally posted by SmartIsNewSexy View Post
                                Wow!

Same! Obviously the media prefers to zoom in on her diva antics, but stories like this show the real Mariah. Great to read.

Comment

• Does it feel like mariah’s brand is being given an extra push? It’s more than Christmas

Comment

• she really need new hot Music right now, she is in peoples mind and the Billboard #1 helped a lot

Mariah if u are listening, please release something, people are talking, and these new kids thinks she is 33 on that new Xmas MV, like what???

she really needs a new music soon as possible

but with a great storyline MV, and a radio deal for 2 days or 3,I swear she can get that #20 for sure, without even a featured artist, just herself but they really needs to come up with something good and a great plan

Comment

• Another UK newspaper, Daily Mirror, reporting that the book is titled I HAD A VISION OF LOVE

Comment

• Yeah she really should release something now. Even if its her being featured on another song. As soon as you take a break, people start forgetting about you and move on

Comment

• Originally posted by Hoodriah View Post
                                          Yeah she really should release something now. Even if its her being featured on another song. As soon as you take a break, people start forgetting about you and move on
                                          if "I don't" could benefit from mariah's world and debut in the hot100 which none of the caution singles could, she could do something better releasing any song now

Comment

• I don’t want her to rush unless everything is in place and ready, this could be her last chance for another successful single and era...

Comment

• I dont know why but I feel completely the opposite to most people here.

Yes, I want new music, but to think that she is somehow going to just ride off the success of AIWFCIY into a successful new single era is unfounded thinking.

No matter what, she will need the same titanic musculature that elevated the first week AIWFCIY to hit #1 (when the points were close with Circles) to have a mini hit with a new song. And there is the potential that many of the outlets she partnered with for AIWFCIY may need a “break” before giving her the same level of support again. Not to mention many of those partnerships were booked months to a year in advance.

The one thing we know that is coming for sure is the memoir. That is likely going to be the thing soonest announced. That alongside anniversary activities. We may get lucky in getting a song from a movie/tv show or a feature. The feature may be the best bet at a nice era for her but even that requires a noteworthy collaboration with a currently “hot” artist.

Comment

• Originally posted by mariahcareyfan View Post
                                                I don’t want her to rush unless everything is in place and ready, this could be her last chance for another successful single and era...
                                                I don't think so. She is beyond that and she can have a Cher-Moment with every new era. As I see things it really depends on what kind of era and success she and her team actually want.

Comment

• I want her to collab with Miguel again btw. They sounded great together. Maybe even with J Cole on the track as well.

Comment

• I don't understand the logic of Mariah simply piggybacking off the recent success of AIWFCIY. It's a seasonal song whose momentum fizzles immediately after Christmas. The recently broken records have created buzz for sure, but ultimately it's not hit-making buzz.

I've said this before: if the record label doesn't want to invest in any of her new work then nothing will ever happen. And they certainly haven't shown ANY interest in her new work for the past two albums.

I feel like the only thing her record label will ever invest big bucks into is another Christmas album.
                                                    Got flavour like ice cream

Comment

Working...
                                                    X