Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sYair View Post
    I wish Mariah would make peace with J Lo just like she did with Ariana. I mean, it's been a long time...
    I don’t think she ever really had any issues with Ariana. It was the media that pitted them against each other. Ariana was always complimentary towards Mariah.

Obviously there is something personal between her and Jennifer. Jennifer doesn’t seem that interested either. Or maybe they are going to surprise us and Jennifer will call Mariah out as her special guest at the Super Bowl
    For the Nostalgia if nothing else

Comment

• Originally posted by WaitYourTurn View Post
      There for me says hi ����
      There for me, is ANOTHER gem!

Diane warren and mariah need to collaborate again
      [center:373j9ui8]"Music starts with M and ends with C"

Mariah Carey[/center:373j9ui8]

Comment

• Originally posted by CasualFlow View Post
        Since we're celebrating Mariah's 30 years in the business this year, how many of you go all the way back to the beginning? What year did you become a lamb and how many of the 30 do you span?

For me:

1990 - 30 years
        I started in 1991- So 29 years. My mum bought the emotions album and it got played a lot. I remember seeing the MTV unplugged show on TV and I’ll be there got played a lot on the music channels. I was bought music box on cassette and it got played a lot along with the bodyguard soundtrack. I was allowed 2 CDs for my birthday, the first CDs I ever owned. I picked Daydream and The immaculate collection by Madonna. By the time she brought out Honey it was all over for me. I was a lamb for life.
        Last edited by shanghaichica; Mon January 6th, 2020, 08:42.

Comment

Since we're celebrating Mariah's 30 years in the business this year, how many of you go all the way back to the beginning? What year did you become a lamb and how many of the 30 do you span?

For me:

1990 - 30 years
          Same. 1990 - 30 years

The first time I heard Vision Of Love on radio, I knew I had to stan her until the end of time.
          Mariah Carey is the first and only artiste to have #1 singles in four different decades
          Your basic faves could never

Comment

• Not a fan or a stan (just like some/a lot of her songs) but I do remember when "Vision Of Love" was charting too. Actually I did like her a lot during the first 2 eras and "MTV Unplugged". She kinda lost me during "Music Box" and "Daydream", I thought those 2 eras were oh so boring (except the fourth singles from both albums). My favorite songs from those early eras were "Someday", "Make It Happen", "Emotions", "I'll Be There" and "Love Takes Time". The latter was when I really noticed her, "Vision Of Love" kind of came and went for me.
            jio CHARTS NOW:30/3/2020: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...5#post10369614

Comment

• Originally posted by SmartIsNewSexy View Post
              Mediatraffic reports 400k. Or is that points?

http://www.mediatraffic.de/tracks.htm
              Points.

Comment

• Very creative

Comment

• In 2011 when I was 14 after discovering “We Belong Together” her voice was unlike anything I’ve ever heard and she writes songs so well so that was just amazing. I’ve been hooked ever since.

Comment

• I became a lamb in 2015, when I was 14 years old. Vision of Love is what made ns a lamb: but I became a fan in a really indirect way which I guess started due to the Madonna Brit Awards fiasco

Comment

• what?? Lambs are the worst funbase someone say??really, I had to laugh out loud, hahaahahahahha and you are here.
                      thank you
                      #StayPressed

Comment

• 5 years already Time flies. But at least Mariah is still 12.

One of the greatest

@1:57

Comment

• 5 years already Time flies. But at least Mariah is still 12.

One of the greatest

@1:57

Comment

• Comment

• I became a fan in the year 2000 when I saw the crybaby video on tv.... I was hooked immediately . There has never been anyone else. I sleep eat and drink Mariah Carey
                              Mariah Carey
                              Billboard's Top Solo Female of All Time

Comment

• 1993 - Hero.

By that stage I was already a fan of a number of other artists spanning many genres, including some of the divas.

But that Hero video - I had not heard a tone and voice as beautiful up till then, and not since.

Mariah, Whitney, Celine and Madonna (even Janet). We were spoiled then... they set a blue print that many still try to emulate.
                                MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• I started to be curious about her after Heartbreaker.
                                  At that time i didnt believe that she was the same singer who sang Without You. I used to think she was a boring ballad singer. But she looked so young and girly in Heartbreaker video.
                                  And honestly, her duet version of Against All Odds with Westlife really made me more interested in her, because I was already a Westlife casual fan.
                                  Loverboy made me a fan. Never Too Far was also big in my country.
                                  And my first Mariah record i bought was The Greatest Hits to explore her past hits.
                                  But Through The Rain was what made me a lamb. Charmbracelet era was my first Mariah era as a lamb.

Comment

• The 1st time I listened to her was in Emotions but I became a fan with Music Box. There were times when you could listen a song in the radio, missed the artist name and you prayed to listen to it again. That's why I sometimes taped full radio programs lol
                                    But during MB days she was everywhere and I was addicted to Without You, Dreamlover and Anytime you need a friend (I was 11 y.o).
                                    I didn't know about Merry Christmas until 1996 when I found the casette in a record store... it was like that all the time. I knew she has some VHS, the unplugged and so because they were referred in the album "Mariah Carey also has: ".
                                    Daydream & Butterfly make me the stan I am today. I bought the unplugged at the same time of #1s in 1998.
                                    I was living in a small town and it was very exciting going to different record stores and suddenly find something I didn't have, like singles, unplugged, Merry Christmas, Divas live..

Comment

• I became a hardcore lamb 15 years ago.
                                      WBT and TEOM hooked me.
                                      I knew who she was since 1998/1999 thanks to My all and Heartbreaker.
                                      And I loved her Glitter and CB singles, plus You got me. They used to play that joint nonstop on R&B/Hip hop stations.
                                      Just a DEVIANT, PERTURBED, DERANGED, MACABRE, MANIAC, LUNATIC, IRRATIONAL PSYCHO-TO-BE.

Comment

• 93 when my neighbors were playing the MB album. Literally love at first sight.
                                        "Is Stalin on your shoulder..."
                                        https://soundcloud.com/jaspervanbeveren-1/jasper-russia
                                        "..as he was with his composers?"

Comment

For me:

1990 - 30 years
                                          1998 - 22 years
                                          Mariah Carey the best singer of all time
                                          My Queen! My Goddess! My Idol!
                                          Forever and always!

Comment

• I became a fan in 1990. VOL, Someday, LTT and IDWC were all big hits in my country. She was inescapable in radio during her debut era. With the released of Emotions, I became a mega lamb. Then with Music Box, Merry Christmas, and Daydream, Mariah was such a superstar...and there's no turning back for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by InfoFromAus View Post
                                              1993 - Hero.

By that stage I was already a fan of a number of other artists spanning many genres, including some of the divas.

But that Hero video - I had not heard a tone and voice as beautiful up till then, and not since.

Mariah, Whitney, Celine and Madonna (even Janet). We were spoiled then... they set a blue print that many still try to emulate.
                                              I started off as a big Madonna fan but by 1995 she had been dumped for Mariah lol I don’t have room in my life to stan for more than one artist.

1990- Madonna
                                              1991- Madonna but this new girl Mariah is special
                                              1992- I can’t decide who I like best Mariah or Madonna
                                              1993- I think I like Mariah a bit more than Madonna
                                              1994- I like Mariah better but I still like Madonna
                                              1995- Who is Madonna?

But I agree the 90’s was such a great time for music. There was Mariah , Whitney and Janet and MJ was around too.
                                              Last edited by shanghaichica; Mon January 6th, 2020, 16:12.

Comment

• became a fan in 1992 ,I became obsessed with if it's over MTV Unplugged version . I envy the new lambs who get to discover Mariah's amazing back catalogue.

Comment

• I became a fan when my brother played vision of love back in 1990. I was only 10 but it was an immediate obsession and I have been loving her ever since.
                                                  Id love to do the 90s again, great time to be a lamb and a music fan in general.
                                                  ...as I close my eyes, steady my feet on the ground.....

Comment

So what song/album hooked you?
                                                    1999 December, Hark the Herald Angels Sing.
                                                    This was the time Heartbreaker was reigning the radio, but I was not interested in the song and artist that time. But back then, a classmate of mine played the Hark the Herald Angels Sing because we have to perform a Christmas carol in a school program.

That specific line "With angelic host proclaim.." on the second verse have truly blown my mind. She was an angel proclaiming herself to me.

This song made me buy a CD of Merry Christmas, my very first album. Then a friend gave me the #1's tape for Christmas, which I consider the "Bible" in those ancient times. This album introduced me to a whole new world and made me a fan ever since. The songs that I kept repeating were My All, Love Takes Time, Without You and amazingly, Do You Know Where You're Going to.
                                                    Last edited by bigtime; Mon January 6th, 2020, 16:47.
                                                    Together we'll make history.
                                                    I know because it's destiny

Comment

Working...
                                                    X