Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by allygdale View Post
    I love the middle eight on Mine Again, but Stay The Night slays it
    I knew I was forgetting a song when I made my list. I love STN. And are you sure that’s a middle 8 on Mine Again? Mariah usually does bridges, or she did before people stopped caring about them.

Comment

• Originally posted by GenerousPalmstroke02 View Post
      I re-listened to some of Emotions tracks and So Blessed & To Be Around You are my absolute favorites!
      For some reason i must play Emotions for 3 times at least

Comment

• Originally posted by Hejira View Post
        I never understood the "Mine Again" hate. It's a vocal masterclass honestly. I suppose there might be a lack of emotion because it's a very technical beltfest overall, but compared to most female singers in commercial pop, no one could repeat that vocal.
        Thank you for saying it!
        It's classic 70s song in 2000s version with Mariahs high notes what sounds like from Glitter era.
        Lyrics are sweet, you can feel how she sing it and tell the story of that song. For someone like me who is not hard fan and checking her albums is this jewel. And the end of this song always gets me.

Comment

• To be around you is such a lovely love song. It gives me some kind of butterflies. Makes me wanna fall in love

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
            Mine again is trash. tx god it floped and localed.

hater

Comment

• I think everyone would re-listen her stuff and change mind about some of her song. I like her With You.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlmondBreeze View Post
                i don't hate Mine Again, but I try not to listen to it. To me, it is "Shriek Again". Starting from Rainbow album (like in Against All Odds), her high belts started to get more banshee-like. But still, I prefer Banshee-Riah to Baritone-Riah in Caution.
                To be honest, you would be happy she "shriek" back in time because she is actually exhausted of doing these notes now, so she did her best and I love it.
                Last edited by ilearnedfromthebest; Tue January 21st, 2020, 17:41.

Comment

• I do wish Caution had more belting

Maybe during recording she was listening to some of the lambs too much who were saying things like “sing in a lower key she can sing live” yet she was doing snippets like GML live on the phone live in a higher key and sounding even better
                  #CAUTION

Comment

I do wish Caution had more belting

Maybe during recording she was listening to some of the lambs too much who were saying things like “sing in a lower key she can sing live” yet she was doing snippets like GML live on the phone live in a higher key and sounding even better
                    There were enough overdone vocals on MIAM. Caution and the laid back vocals was incredibly needed and welcome. Just like E=MC2 after the slightly hysterical TEOM vocals.
                    "Is Stalin on your shoulder..."
                    https://soundcloud.com/jaspervanbeveren-1/jasper-russia
                    "..as he was with his composers?"

Comment

There were enough overdone vocals on MIAM. Caution and the laid back vocals was incredibly needed and welcome. Just like E=MC2 after the slightly hysterical TEOM vocals.
                      I disagree somewhat, GML sounded epic in that higher key, and it deserved big adlibs at the end

I think “Stay Long Love You” really comes alive in the last 30 seconds, and the belting on “8th Grade” is my favorite vocal moment on the album

The only vocals on MIAM that were overdone were the Heavenly and One More Try covers, and it wasn’t even the belting that was overdone

The vocals on Faded, Dedicated, B, Make It Look Good, YDKWTD, and Supernatural sounded amazing
                      Last edited by allygdale; Tue January 21st, 2020, 18:14.
                      #CAUTION

Comment

I disagree somewhat, GML sounded epic in that higher key

The only vocals on MIAM that were overdone were the Heavenly and One More Try covers, and it wasn’t even the belting that was overdone

The vocals on Faded, Dedicated, B, Make It Look Good, YDKWTD, and Supernatural sounded amazing
                        I think Caution was definitely designed so she could do most of it live (which sadly yet predictably didn't really happen all that much).
                        The "Camouflage" approach she took on MIAM was, to me, a bit forced in a "Look guys, this is me doing 1000's of vocal layers because ya'll loved it on Butterfly". Not saying I dislike "Camouflage" but I can't say that the vocal arrangement feels like it serves the song. It was overthought and overproduced.

Comment

I think Caution was definitely designed so she could do most of it live (which sadly yet predictably didn't really happen all that much).
                          The "Camouflage" approach she took on MIAM was, to me, a bit forced in a "Look guys, this is me doing 1000's of vocal layers because ya'll loved it on Butterfly". Not saying I dislike "Camouflage" but I can't say that the vocal arrangement feels like it serves the song. It was overthought and overproduced.
                          I didn’t name “Camoflauge” lol

The writing on that one is beautiful but yes it had an interesting vocal arrangement

The songs I named, Faded, Dedicated, B, Make It Look Good, YDKWTD, and Supernatural, all had the perfect balance of full, mix, and belted vocals

And she slayed YDKWTD live at every show, and let’s not forget this flawlessness

Last edited by allygdale; Tue January 21st, 2020, 18:49.
                          #CAUTION

Comment

I didn’t name “Camoflauge” lol

The writing on that one is beautiful but yes it had an interesting vocal arrangement

The songs I named, Faded, Dedicated, B, Make It Look Good, YDKWTD, and Supernatural, all had the perfect balance of full, mix, and belted vocals

And she slayed YDKWTD live at every show, and let’s not forget this flawlessness

I know you didn't name "Camouflage". I did, because I find that an example for the overproduction on that album.

Comment

• Comment

• Favorite TEOM songs:

1. We Belong Together
                                2. Circles
                                3. Stay The Night
                                4. Mine Again
                                5. Your Girl
                                6. Get Your Number
                                7. Fly Like A Bird
                                8. I Wish You Knew

Favorite remix:

Say Somethin' (Morales Radio Edit)
                                My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• Mariah talking about Princess Diana

[center:373j9ui8]"Music starts with M and ends with C"

Mariah Carey[/center:373j9ui8]

Comment

• jennifer Hudson knows how to respect the Legends

Comment

• I wish Mariah could perform at SNL again for the next era. it's been a long time, and her performances mostly acoustic there it's amazing.

Comment

• Mariah Carey Rare cd for sale eBay

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/710-53...g&toolid=11111
                                        Buy & sell electronics, cars, clothes, collectibles & more on eBay, the world's online marketplace. Top brands, low prices & free shipping on many items.

Comment

• Originally posted by mm2912 View Post
                                          I wish Mariah could perform at SNL again for the next era. it's been a long time, and her performances mostly acoustic there it's amazing.
                                          yes please!
                                          Maybe Melissa can secure a spot this Christmas season

Comment

• Originally posted by Cheshireboi View Post
                                            I never knew this was released as a single?!?!?

Comment

• Originally posted by SmartIsNewSexy View Post

I never knew this was released as a single?!?!?
                                              I love the 7" Remix of that song. This single is indeed so rare, it wasn't even commercially released in the US.

Comment

yes please!
                                                Maybe Melissa can secure a spot this Christmas season
                                                nah I don't wanna her to waste the spot with xmas songs, I want for new songs for the next album or something. she already did so much last xmas, she can slow down the promotion next xmas, we already got AIWFCIY at #1. it'd be cool if she did some sketches too

Comment

• I don't know how to explain it, but Glitter (vocally) is a very distinctive era. Like, her vocals Charmbracelet and TEOM sound similar, while Glitter doesn't sound similar to almost any other era, but the closest thing that sounds related would be Rainbow, I can hear it on Lead The Way and Never Too Far. Was There For Me a Butterfly left over or Rainbow?

Comment

jennifer Hudson knows how to respect the Legends

We love Jennifer Hudson!!!

Comment

Working...
                                                    X