No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Grammy Awards also have been criticized over the years over the lack of diversity with respect to the winners of the most prestigious awards. These awards rarely go to rap and contemporary R&B stars, including widely acclaimed artists like Beyoncé, Kanye West, Kendrick Lamar, Eminem and Mariah Carey. While those acts have won in the rap and R&B 7 categories, when it comes to the most coveted prizes such as Album, Song and Record of the Year, the winners tend to be in the rock, country and pop genres.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B7mqGJ9JdSl/
    Mariah Carey the best singer of all time
    My Queen! My Goddess! My Idol!
    Forever and always!

Comment

• Mariah Carey the best singer of all time
      My Queen! My Goddess! My Idol!
      Forever and always!

Comment

• Been listening to "thanx for nothin"..
        AsaPUKE ing bola
        king lalam ning TETE

Comment

• Wow @ the grammy voting corruption....
          confirmation of what we already knew...
          AsaPUKE ing bola
          king lalam ning TETE

Comment

• Hey admins, your info about the "last post" is wrong in mainpage. I see that the last post is here from yesterday and truth is the last post(s) are from today

Comment

• Originally posted by ilearnedfromthebest View Post
              Hey admins, your info about the "last post" is wrong in mainpage. I see that the last post is here from yesterday and truth is the last post(s) are from today
              It's doing that to me, too. I usually stay on the General Artists section and refresh to see if there are new posts in the Mariah thread, and use the little blue button to take me to the last unread post, but I'm seeing the General Artists section isn't showing the actual most recent post, and the blue button is not there.

Not to complain, but this update is acting glitchy in several ways for me.

Comment

• Mariah was right about the Grammys all along. That’s why we see undeserving people getting much more nominations and wins than Mariah. WBT deserved to win record or/and song of the year but I believe they only nominated her because they couldn’t ignore her success that year. This year she deserved some nomination for caution in the R&B category but there’s a bunch of nobodies nominated and she was snubbed, they couldn’t nominate her not even for a single award

Comment

• 2006: U2’s “Sometimes You Can’t Make It On Your Own” over Mariah Carey’s “We Belong Together”
                  The Grammys — in one of their most out-of-touch moments of that decade — saw fit to award U2 for a song I would bet most people can’t sing one note or lyric of on command. It’s not that the U2 song is bad — it’s an intimately written piece about Bono’s dying father, and some moments are genuinely devastating — they’ve just made this song before, and done it better. “We Belong Together,” on the other hand, cemented a career resurgence for Mariah and has aged flawlessly, becoming one of her best-known songs (all praise to the genius of Babyface). Somewhere, right this second, it’s being sung (badly) at karaoke. U2 hasn’t performed “Sometimes” on their last few tours. —DL
                  https://soundcloud.com/mofei-1/gtfo-...sion-demo-live
                  How Abt you ( #GTFO) -my new demo

Comment

• Comment

• Well....

I think we should should have a #justiceforcaution on Grammys day because it was clearly robbed.

Comment

• Originally posted by mm2912 View Post
                        Naming Beyoncé here, when she has million of Grammy.. maybe not AOTY, but she's been winning since forever

Comment

• Originally posted by sm3 View Post
                          Well....

I think we should should have a #justiceforcaution on Grammys day because it was clearly robbed.
                          thats fake tho

Comment

• Originally posted by MeIAmXino View Post
                            2006: U2’s “Sometimes You Can’t Make It On Your Own” over Mariah Carey’s “We Belong Together”
                            The Grammys — in one of their most out-of-touch moments of that decade — saw fit to award U2 for a song I would bet most people can’t sing one note or lyric of on command. It’s not that the U2 song is bad — it’s an intimately written piece about Bono’s dying father, and some moments are genuinely devastating — they’ve just made this song before, and done it better. “We Belong Together,” on the other hand, cemented a career resurgence for Mariah and has aged flawlessly, becoming one of her best-known songs (all praise to the genius of Babyface). Somewhere, right this second, it’s being sung (badly) at karaoke. U2 hasn’t performed “Sometimes” on their last few tours. —DL
                            People have to be stupid to think that most awards aren't bought and paid for. Mariah was robbed multiple times that night, beginning with the fact that none of the awards she won were televised. She knew it, too, because she leaned over and said something slick to Mark at one point.

Having said that, I really like Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own.

Comment

• The Academy has done her so dirty that their relationship will never recover trom this.

Mariah Carey is one of the most enduring hit-makers of all times... with atronomical impact and sales... and given her Songwriters Hall of Fame induction - also quality. Yet, she only one in 2 individual years since 1990.... how can that be when you have churned out timeless music over the course of 30?

Nobody in the community is even saying she should have won all her nominations or that every little tune deserved a nomination in the first place... however, she is severely under-appreciated and it's really apparent.

And it all goes back to her years with Tommy (1990-1997). How can they still punish her for what her husband was doing 25 years ago? Mariah should have won a minimum of 7-10 Grammys over her career at this stage.

That being said, Madonna / Whitney / Céline and Janet also lack in every respect concerning the Grammys.

But I am fine with it now. The second one of their favs croaks out a tune, they will award it and so be it. The Grammys is no reference for quality to me.
                              My Chart

Comment

• What I've also realized is that everyone gets astronomically high score at MetaCritic. Getting a score of below 75 (which stands for HIGHLY acclaimed music) is rare these days for mainstream acts. Mariah has a total of 1 albums above 75 on that site.... ONE. lol. I can't.
                                My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by SmartIsNewSexy View Post

I never knew this was released as a single?!?!?
                                  It was released in Europe. I bought the cd-single years ago. There is also a video.

My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                                    What I've also realized is that everyone gets astronomically high score at MetaCritic. Getting a score of below 75 (which stands for HIGHLY acclaimed music) is rare these days for mainstream acts. Mariah has a total of 1 albums above 75 on that site.... ONE. lol. I can't.
                                    Isn't Metacritic also owned by CBS (who also airs the Grammys)? Odd...

Comment

• Originally posted by banksy View Post

People have to be stupid to think that most awards aren't bought and paid for. Mariah was robbed multiple times that night, beginning with the fact that none of the awards she won were televised. She knew it, too, because she leaned over and said something slick to Mark at one point.

Having said that, I really like Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own.
                                      Who is Mark?

Comment

• Originally posted by ReubenWalton View Post

Who is Mark?
                                        Her boyfriend at that time. He used to work at the record label or something

Comment

Her boyfriend at that time. He used to work at the record label or something
                                          and he was also in the MV like SIO and Remix of DFAU
                                          https://soundcloud.com/mofei-1/gtfo-...sion-demo-live
                                          How Abt you ( #GTFO) -my new demo

Comment

• Originally posted by DNK View Post

Small debut Mariah detected
                                            Last edited by ilearnedfromthebest; Thu January 23rd, 2020, 00:57.

Comment

thats fake tho
                                              We all would stop care about Grammy. It's fake award as Jennifer vocals on her discography.

Comment

• As far as big names not winning many grammys are concerned, mariah is in good company. In fact I’d rather her be in that group than the ones who win for releasing farts.

Comment

• Originally posted by MeIAmXino View Post

and he was also in the MV like SIO and Remix of DFAU
                                                  Mark Sudack, he was the executive producer of Mimi and a very cute man
                                                  Last edited by delapuerta; Thu January 23rd, 2020, 01:34.

Comment

• Originally posted by ilearnedfromthebest View Post

Small debut Mariah detected
                                                    She's starting to look like the child actress who played Young Mariah in the Someday video.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X