Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SpyVsSpy View Post

You’re referring to my post right? If you understand how to manage social media professionally, you know you cant be reckless. I’m sure mc and tommy are on talking terms and they both laughed at this meme.
    You weren’t the only one who said something about it. Also, it’s such a silly thing to be defensive about. My goodness.

Comment

• Originally posted by banksy View Post

You weren’t the only one who said something about it. Also, it’s such a silly thing to be defensive about. My goodness.
      Well your statement was silly too. No one is living in 1994 here.

Comment

• is SpyVsSpy the new Infamous?

Comment

• I think she will offer perspective on her short marriage to Tommy, the good and the awful, losing four years of freedom, and all of the ish she went through with his people after the divorce, but the Tommy story is one we know well

I think the real tea will be about situations she’s only alluded to publicly, like her very untraditional pre-adult years, being whitewashed by a label team, the big relationships she had after Tommy and before Nick that we know almost nothing about
          Last edited by allygdale; Thu January 30th, 2020, 07:38.
          #CAUTION

Comment

• Originally posted by allygdale View Post
            I think she will offer perspective on her short marriage to Tommy, the good and the awful, losing four years of freedom, and all of the ish she went through with his people after the divorce, but the Tommy story is one we know well

I think the real tea will be about situations she’s only alluded to publicly, like her very untraditional pre-adult years, being whitewashed by a label team, the big relationships she had after Tommy and before Nick that we know almost nothing about
            I think that will be the best we can hope for,cause those agreements she signed with her hubbies work both ways so I´m sure she won´t write anything that put either Mottolla or Cannon in bad light in order to avoid a lawsuit, which is sad because that´s part of her story and it will be kept in the dark.

Comment

• Originally posted by allygdale View Post
              I think she will offer perspective on her short marriage to Tommy, the good and the awful, losing four years of freedom, and all of the ish she went through with his people after the divorce, but the Tommy story is one we know well

She will most likely say everything she that she’s always wanted to say about her time with him, but couldn’t for fear of professional and legal repercussions.

Michaela Angela Davis said writing it was “very healing” for Mariah, so I doubt that she left anything out. They probably kept it cute to avoid problems, but that’s it.

Comment

• Also, I am addicted to her vocals on Can’t Say No.

The song should have gotten more attention.

Comment

• First, let me start by saying I’m a Lamb since VOL.
                  I have a love/hate relationship with Ariana’s voice. Sometimes her tone is off putting and I can’t understand her lyrics. Her diction is horrible.
                  But, honestly, she’s the closest to a Mariah protégée.

I felt for her on Grammy night! Her tone was great in her performance. Then, she sat there, in the front row with a big dress on losing every award. Just like Mariah did in 1996. The Grammys just did the same thing to Ariana as they did to Mariah in 1996 with Daydream.
                  I don’t get it.

This would be the perfect time for them to collaborate! Show the world they’re not to be underestimated!
                  http://marcokircher.com
                  http://reverbnation.com/marcokircher/songs

My YT Channel!
                  https://www.youtube.com/user/Cashiado
                  IG: marco235

Comment

• Originally posted by woabritney View Post

Yes, but when those comments that "roll off the tongue" are endlessly negative and meant to provoke the fanbase, that's trolling.

But you already knew that ;)
                    Thats just emote, i think anybody would not take this virtual world serious.

Comment

• Can anyone explain why all of sudden all of Mariah's videos on YT are 480p max?

Comment

• For me the ONLY singer who comes close to Mariah is Tori Kelly, Ariana is talented but i have yet to be blown away by any of her performances.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bulwieboo View Post
                          Can anyone explain why all of sudden all of Mariah's videos on YT are 480p max?
                          Idk we all know if 70/80s videos are available in 1080p in nowdays so why she or her team just can't give some fck and re-up all videos in HD/FHD, right?

Comment

• HOT on the heels of headliners Britney Spears and Kylie Minogue, Brighton Pride is lining up another pop diva to take to their stage this summer. I’ve learned Mariah Carey is set to perform at the …
                            twitter.com/H0neyBF1y

Comment

• Originally posted by chanteuse View Post
                              For me the ONLY singer who comes close to Mariah is Tori Kelly, Ariana is talented but i have yet to be blown away by any of her performances.
                              Not even Tori Kelly for me. Her tone is too thin. The only singer that for me can blow near MCs greatness is the Filipino singer Morisette Amon. Tone... range...transitions...soul. If she were white/caucasian, she’d be bigger than Ariana Grande. Unfortunately, she’s brown, so no... she will not have a lot of doors opening for her. Pity.

Comment

• I don't know where the comparing came from but no one is like Mariah, end of.
                                "Is Stalin on your shoulder..."
                                https://soundcloud.com/jaspervanbeveren-1/jasper-russia
                                "..as he was with his composers?"

Comment

• Right? no one.
                                  #mariahcarey #lambforlife

Comment

• Originally posted by mm2912 View Post
                                    is SpyVsSpy the new Infamous?
                                    He's not. He's not a troll. He made some good comments on the last pages.
                                    My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• Originally posted by Hejira View Post
                                      I don't know where the comparing came from but no one is like Mariah, end of.
                                      Totally agree. I was just mentioning who I thought could even touch the edges of MCs talent. She’s singular.

Comment

• Originally posted by barnok View Post

Not even Tori Kelly for me. Her tone is too thin. The only singer that for me can blow near MCs greatness is the Filipino singer Morisette Amon. Tone... range...transitions...soul. If she were white/caucasian, she’d be bigger than Ariana Grande. Unfortunately, she’s brown, so no... she will not have a lot of doors opening for her. Pity.
                                        It's a hard pass for me. The problem with Amon is not that she's brown but rather that she's just another indistinguishable karaoke singer from the thousands of other Mariah wannabes. They have no originality and only steal every run, imitate every inflection and xerox every adlib other singers do. But just because Amon shrieks in the 6th octave doesn't make her anywhere close to Mariah as she has little control in disconnected register, strains, has little resonance and doesn't support her notes. Just because some singers hit the same notes as Mariah doesn't mean they are doing it properly and this is why Mariah will forever be "OFTEN IMITATED BUT NEVER DUPLICATED". At least Ariana has gone on to do her own songs and doesn't just make a career off of karaokeing Mariah.

Ariana, Tori and Mori do not sound anything like Mariah to me. To me there is no such thing as a new Mariah as she is legendary and irreplaceable but if I had to pick the one that comes closest to her tone, vocal agility and transitions it would have to be Christina Marie from the UK as she actually sounds more like the Queen than anyone I've ever heard.
                                        Last edited by Cyclone; Thu January 30th, 2020, 21:02.

Comment

• I respect your opinion but not for me. It comes down to personal taste, I guess. Amon actually is an accomplished instrumentalist... guitar and piano. She writes her original songs as well. Again, her problem is that she’s new, brown and a woman... even in the Philippines, a woman needs to prove herself twice over to be heard and respected in this field. I can see some growth in her, so I am not quick to dismiss her.

I’m sorry guys for talking about this here. It’s a Mariah board after all. This is my last post about this.

Comment

• MC is just being too quiet these days. Lambs grasps at straws about what to talk about in this forum without anything new from MC. I’m just looking forward to live footages of her upcoming Las Vegas run. She’s probably hard at work in preparation for that. Also, looking forward to any new music that she will announce during the run. I am hoping along with the book she will release. Exciting times ahead guys!

Comment

• Id give everything if she contact Ben after all and give to us something timeless like her debut demo tracks what still sounds fresh, lyrics are perfect, vocals/adlibs/backing vox. Id like to see Mariah leave her luxury of her fame and prove herself as you said that she is that queen.

Comment

• The delusion. Whew chile!!
                                                I love all things Mariah. DAAAAHHHHLING!!!!

Comment

• Vegas is coming at a perfect time.

Comment

• Originally posted by barnok View Post
                                                    MC is just being too quiet these days. Lambs grasps at straws about what to talk about in this forum without anything new from MC. I’m just looking forward to live footages of her upcoming Las Vegas run. She’s probably hard at work in preparation for that. Also, looking forward to any new music that she will announce during the run. I am hoping along with the book she will release. Exciting times ahead guys!
                                                    THIS

Comment

Working...
                                                    X