X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ben Margulies lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Cyclone View Post

It's a hard pass for me. The problem with Amon is not that she's brown but rather that she's just another indistinguishable karaoke singer from the thousands of other Mariah wannabes. They have no originality and only steal every run, imitate every inflection and xerox every adlib other singers do. But just because Amon shrieks in the 6th octave doesn't make her anywhere close to Mariah as she has little control in disconnected register, strains, has little resonance and doesn't support her notes. Just because some singers hit the same notes as Mariah doesn't mean they are doing it properly and this is why Mariah will forever be "OFTEN IMITATED BUT NEVER DUPLICATED". At least Ariana has gone on to do her own songs and doesn't just make a career off of karaokeing Mariah.

Ariana, Tori and Mori do not sound anything like Mariah to me. To me there is no such thing as a new Mariah as she is legendary and irreplaceable but if I had to pick the one that comes closest to her tone, vocal agility and transitions it would have to be Christina Marie from the UK as she actually sounds more like the Queen than anyone I've ever heard.
      Amen!

Comment

• Originally posted by SpyVsSpy View Post

Well your statement was silly too. No one is living in 1994 here.
        Yes, jokes do tend to be silly.

Comment

• Christina Marie sucks, Cyclone... i'm better than her in song.
          https://soundcloud.com/hephaestusdog

Comment

• Originally posted by Lafa View Post
            Christina Marie sucks, Cyclone... i'm better than her in song.
            She's sung on internationally televised talent shows... and you pretend that Mariah stole your vocals. Meth and free wifi are a dangerous combo sis.

Comment

• Lol she’s probably going to do the same Butterfly Returns setlist, pay dust to Caution and most likely won’t even bring some new costumes

Comment

• I hope I’m wrong tho. I’m wAiting for the opening date to purchase my ticket (or not)

Comment

• Originally posted by barnok View Post
                  I respect your opinion but not for me. It comes down to personal taste, I guess. Amon actually is an accomplished instrumentalist... guitar and piano. She writes her original songs as well. Again, her problem is that she’s new, brown and a woman... even in the Philippines, a woman needs to prove herself twice over to be heard and respected in this field. I can see some growth in her, so I am not quick to dismiss her.

I’m sorry guys for talking about this here. It’s a Mariah board after all. This is my last post about this.
                  Not taking away your personal taste or preference, Amon's tone is nowhere similar or near Mariah's tone. That's a fact. Skilled singers like Amon, sure, can copy Mariah's style and technique, even overdo it to impress, but they can never touch Mariah's very unique and very distinguishable tone. That's why I would never understand people claiming that Amon (or any other artist for that matter) and Mariah sound alike because their tones are never similar.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marchum View Post
                    Lol she’s probably going to do the same Butterfly Returns setlist, pay dust to Caution and most likely won’t even bring some new costumes
                    Sadly, I agree. I've been to four of her concerts. Hope she brings new surprises and add new flavors to her shows. Would die if she sings Outside, even if it's a short random ad lib.

Comment

• I've always been fantasizing a Mariah Carey concert tour wherein actual ticket holders in a particular venue get to say which songs they want Mariah to sing, to add unpredictability in every show. Let's say 50% of the setlist are staples or standards while the other 50% are ticketholder picks. I mean, different venue could mean different preferences of songs, right? If those preferences are served or met, then that would be a satisfying concert indeed, and an exciting concert to look forward to, as we don't know what she'll sing. I remember during the Charmbracelet tour, there was a poll or something but it didn't really matter as anyone from the world can vote and it wasn't really utilized well. It should just be the verified concert ticket holders of a particular venue who get a say. Just imagine a site where you put your ticket no., and you're shown Mariah's vast catalogue and you are asked to pick 5 songs and these are tallied together with other ticket holders. And from there, Mariah may know her audience's preferences of a particular venue. And you, as an audience, is excited if any of your picks get sung by MC.

Just a fantasy.

Comment

• Could the news about Mimi @ Brighton Pride Aug 1st be true?? I've always wanted to go to Brighton Pride.

Comment

• Hero always used to be one of my least favourite songs from Mariah and was one I always skipped past. Recently though I've had a newfound appreciation for it and it has honestly become one of my favourite songs from her, especially the live renditions.

What's everyone's favourite Hero performance?

This one from 94' has to be mine:
                          https://youtu.be/WiMoZdlznho
                          [center:3sruagy8]Mariah Carey[/center:3sruagy8]

[center:3sruagy8]?? CAUTION??[/center:3sruagy8]

[center:3sruagy8]16.24.18[/center:3sruagy8]

Comment

• Originally posted by redhorse2016a View Post

Not taking away your personal taste or preference, Amon's tone is nowhere similar or near Mariah's tone. That's a fact. Skilled singers like Amon, sure, can copy Mariah's style and technique, even overdo it to impress, but they can never touch Mariah's very unique and very distinguishable tone. That's why I would never understand people claiming that Amon (or any other artist for that matter) and Mariah sound alike because their tones are never similar.
                            OMG! Let it go man. Lol! I understand you have something against the girl. I am not trying to argue with you. To each his own. Geez!

Comment

• TBH I laugh everytime somebody tries to even compare any other singer to Mariah. Why would you even? Such a different league.

Comment

• barnok
                                barnok commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Why is this place so toxic? Honestly? I was just replying to a legitimate post about Tori Kelly. Mentioned an opinion about something that I clearly said was a personal opinion. I was not in anyway comparing MC to someone as if she can even touch a fraction of her talent... i said someone who can barely touch the fringes of her talent. Comparing MC to someone, thinking that she is even in the same level as her in unconscionable. So, quit disparaging people and be nice. Going back to lurking status. Geez!

• it's just rough track, finished version soon

Comment

• Originally posted by delapuerta View Post
                                Ben Margulies lol
                                And would perform with Mariah instead of this betch:

Comment

• Mariah was done with him in 1991, so..

Comment

• barnok
                                    barnok commented
                                    Editing a comment
                                    Do you know why they parted ways? I mean the specifics of it. After they parted ways I knew MC was legit because he never had anything worth mentioning after that.

Mariah was done with him in 1991, so..
                                  it was something about the royalties for the rest of the songs Mariah released during the 90s. He was receiving money for them, as part of a deal

Comment

• barnok
                                    barnok commented
                                    Editing a comment
                                    Ah! Probably took more than he has the right to. He was after all in essence just transcribing MCs music into music sheets. Too bad, MC was not properly schooled in classical music. Suppose she was, what kind of music would we have gotten from her?

• Originally posted by barnok View Post
                                  Ah! Probably took more than he has the right to. He was after all in essence just transcribing MCs music into music sheets. Too bad, MC was not properly schooled in classical music. Suppose she was, what kind of music would we have gotten from her?
                                  I often think about this, oh how i would LOVE to see just Mariah singing and playing the piano in concert.

Comment

Mariah was done with him in 1991, so..
                                    It's more than 25 years ago, move on finally mariaaaahhhh. This duo is better than everyone else.

Comment

• Ben Margulies took advantage of Mariah’s naïveté. Had her in a contract that gave him a larger share of her earnings, and the best Columbia could do to make him go away was to give him ten percent of the profits her albums generated for the life of her contract.

Mariah addressed this without naming him in an interview in 1999.

Comment

• barnok
                                        barnok commented
                                        Editing a comment
                                        What a leech... never again is what MC would think and probably still thinks. As much as I’d like to hear sounds from the past, I’d love for MC to continue to collaborate with new or emerging artists. Her past work shows that she can work with anyone she believes in. I don’t mind if she does not scale the heights her voice used to do. Her musicality is such that, it will not matter. Caution has demonstrated that!

• Mariah Carey the best singer of all time
                                      My Queen! My Goddess! My Idol!
                                      Forever and always!

Comment

• I've just had another eargasm while listening to TBO.
                                        My Chart

Comment

• in Europe she gave some snippet performancs of album tracks. Plus a random Through The Rain.
                                          Will she do that again in Vegas?
                                          With how US fans helped her getting 19th no.1, she must be more confident that US fans still love her and there will always be demand for a concert dedicated to album tracks.

Comment

• She literally JUST sells out venues performing the biggest hits so whilst a nice concert of album tracks would be nice for fans, nobody else would go. She would be best just squeezing one or two into her hits setlist.
                                            To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

Comment

Working...
                                            X