Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
    These things are uninteresting to me with the exception of the timing in which they are announced.

I knew she was no longer with SESAC over the simple fact that they did not congratulate her for being inducted into the Song Hall so I was waiting on the announcement of where she was going.

I wonder if there is some other project going on with her catalog that they chose to announce this today.

When it was announced that she moved back to CAA on 22nd July 2019, we soon got the announcement about Mixedish theme song (5th August 2019)
    CAA has been so much better for her than UTA, which, if you recall, I was super happy about her going back to them when it was announced, lol.

And I am beyond tired of seeing Marvet Britto sniffing around MAD's Instagram, trying to weasel her way back into Mariahs orbit. The industry dismissed you years ago, Ms. Britto.

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
      These things are uninteresting to me with the exception of the timing in which they are announced.

I knew she was no longer with SESAC over the simple fact that they did not congratulate her for being inducted into the Song Hall so I was waiting on the announcement of where she was going.

I wonder if there is some other project going on with her catalog that they chose to announce this today.

When it was announced that she moved back to CAA on 22nd July 2019, we soon got the announcement about Mixedish theme song (5th August 2019)
      Maybe something's brewing.....

Comment

• Originally posted by sm3 View Post
        Mariah with Lee Daniels last night
        I wonder if they met about Lee’s latest movie. I hope she’s involved in the theme song so she can get another nomination for golden globes and hopefully for Oscar 2021

Comment

• https://soundcloud.com/hephaestusdog

Comment

• I bought the signed all I want for Christmas single mid December and nothing has arrived. MC better be writing me a love letter. How long is it supposed to take?

Comment

• No more Vegas shows after these dates?

Comment

• I doubt it. Prolly just a marketing tactic. She'll prolly have a big break from Vegas but I bet she'll return.
                "Is Stalin on your shoulder..."
                https://soundcloud.com/jaspervanbeveren-1/jasper-russia
                "..as he was with his composers?"

Comment

• Random thought. Imagine Mariah collaborating with Enya. Omg. Layering Mariah’s voice 100 times. That would be heaven.

Comment

• Originally posted by delapuerta View Post
                    No more Vegas shows after these dates?

Possibly. I think she let her previous deal run for #1 to Infinity end before announcing that she was starting a different show at Caesar’s Palace, so between that and her recent move to ASCAP, it may be premature to say that she’s done with Vegas.

Then again, she doesn’t need the Vegas residency anymore, and to be quite honest, it’s seemed as though she’s been over it for awhile.

We’ll just have to wait and see what she’s got cooking.

Comment

• TBH I don't think she's ever cared for the Vegas shows lol
                      MARIAH

Comment

• Originally posted by Sjlmc View Post
                        I bought the signed all I want for Christmas single mid December and nothing has arrived. MC better be writing me a love letter. How long is it supposed to take?
                        I swear this question is asked here about twice a week.
                        The signed copies are supposed to take about 16 weeks, so March or April.

MARIAH

Comment

• I’m sure she will keep doing Vegas dates. Colosseum didn't even promotr these dates as the “final days”.

Comment

• Originally posted by heartlocked View Post
                            TBH I don't think she's ever cared for the Vegas shows lol
                            She started doing Vegas before the social concept of a Vegas residency shifted (with Britney, then Gaga), so I think she felt weird about it at first because of the ~legacy act~ connotations. She's obviously still innovating and not trying to rest on her early career, and Vegas is a weird market where the crowd is particularly Just Here For The Hits. The other people who see her in Vegas are the supercommitted fans - the floor is much more fun than balcony seating for this reason. And we're there praying to hear a bar of "Slipping Away" or "Outside". Two very different levels of engagement, and it's hard to please both at once, especially when you've moved through so many musical evolutions. I think the bread&butter crowds are there to hear the big ballads and music she made when she had far less control over her sound - and of course, "We Belong Together" - while her latest endeavor was a straight-up R&B album that critics and lambs loved but the GP didn't hear and doesn't know what to do with.

I selfishly love the residencies because I've gotten to see Mariah live a few times a year for a minute, and that's literally kept me alive. I think there are some benefits for Mariah - the stability and steady paycheck, keeping her voice in good shape, and having frequent contact with the lambs who flock to see her. But I'd rather see her in the studio and working on her passion projects, even if it means fewer concerts I can attend. I project (& hope) that she is able to take a break to get the memoir feeling right, work on new music, and live her life. . . but I'd be shocked if this were her last Vegas show!

That said, I'm hedging my bets by finally meeting her on her last scheduled night at Ceasars!!

Comment

• Originally posted by sm3 View Post

Maybe something's brewing.....
                              I need this new album to be brewing. She needs some songs to bang on the radio stations.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sjlmc View Post
                                I bought the signed all I want for Christmas single mid December and nothing has arrived. MC better be writing me a love letter. How long is it supposed to take?
                                One of the reasons I didn't buy it online. The staff on MC.com take forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by heartlocked View Post

I swear this question is asked here about twice a week.
                                  The signed copies are supposed to take about 16 weeks, so March or April.
                                  perhaps Summer or Fall.

Comment

• So I have a theory: if we remember back in November 2018, Mariah performed at the T Mall Global Festival in China (10 Nov 2018) and Caution was released just a week later - it ended up selling incredibly well in China and Asia Pacific (at least - much better than her previous album had).

I have a theory that Mariah is gearing MC16 up for an August release since she's planning on performing at Brighton Pride on August 10th - which will probably be used to inadvertently promote the new album in the UK (and if her team are smart they'll book some promotion in other European countries).

If this is true, then the lead single for the album will probably be released in May or June - which opens up promotional avenues like the BET Awards, Hot 97 Summer Jam and the NBC Today Show Summer Concert Series! (AKA - everything they used to promote #Beautiful, bar American Idol). I wouldn't be surprised if she somehow uses the coverage surrounding the Songwriter's Hall of Fame induction to further promote the song.

I really hope this is true but as I said this is just conjecture.

Comment

• As much as I wish she were in the studio making music, it would be the first era where she’s kept it totally secret from the lambily

She loves the studio, if she were there, she’d be posting
                                      #CAUTION

Comment

• Oh dear... one of my fave Mariah performances is no longer available on youtube?
                                        I can't seem to find If It's Over at SNL. :(

Does anyone know if there is an upload somewhere?
                                        MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• Stay Long Love You is one of Mariahs best songs to me
                                          https://soundcloud.com/hephaestusdog

Comment

• This is painful to watch

Comment

• Weird how Vegas starts tomorrow and she hasn’t mentioned it on social at all. She probably IS over it by now.

Comment

• Originally posted by jr588 View Post
                                                Weird how Vegas starts tomorrow and she hasn’t mentioned it on social at all. She probably IS over it by now.

she posted a instagram story about it a few days ago.
                                                Me. I am Itsawrap.

Comment

• She's doing Pride!

Comment

• Mariah's doing Brighton Pride, who's going?

Just got my tickets.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X