No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• She’s doing a pride concert, loversandfriends wouldn’t be that unexpected at this point, let’s be honest

Comment

• Hello you all there! Here is new whatsapp group for all MC fans!
      https://chat.whatsapp.com/HIdyI2Lw6vh1qKzDcXjG71

Comment

• I love the performances.. she seems calm and into it. I like that the medley section has more live parts this time.
        #mariahcarey #lambforlife

Comment

• one thing that bothers me is My All. I wish she would just sing it like the record, it's a bit messy and not too exciting anymore.
          #mariahcarey #lambforlife

Comment

• I hope for pride, she ditches the glittery gowns and wears something that allows her to move And be more youthful. I already know people who are disappointed Mariah is headlining and I want her to prove them wrong with a slay of a performance
            To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by allygdale View Post
              Bish is serving ITC THE HILLS realness! Slay on MC

Now if only she could do CME Rosie
              Vocals. Love her tone, so smooth.

I agree, she should stop wearing these gowns. One or two are ok, but there are other gowns and outfit that can help her to be more loose

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by NorthernMonkey View Post
                  I hope for pride, she ditches the glittery gowns and wears something that allows her to move And be more youthful. I already know people who are disappointed Mariah is headlining and I want her to prove them wrong with a slay of a performance
                  It's going to be a camp fest for sure!

The only way I see her ditching the gowns at this point is if she REALLY feels 1000% confident in her body.

The way she slayed the Hot 97 Summer Jam look still has me shook to my core.

Comment

• Amazing vocals on I am that chick video! And I know she can even do a lot better if she started to wear more comfortable clothes and maybe go easier on those high heels, we are rooting for you MC!!

Comment

• The "I don't know if you guys know this" schtick has always annoyed me. Own your sh*t Mariah.
                      "Is Stalin on your shoulder..."
                      https://soundcloud.com/jaspervanbeveren-1/jasper-russia
                      "..as he was with his composers?"

Comment

• Mariah sounds really bad live
                        https://soundcloud.com/hephaestusdog

Comment

• Originally posted by Lafa View Post
                          Mariah sounds really bad live
                          Your comments sound really bad live.
                          "Is Stalin on your shoulder..."
                          https://soundcloud.com/jaspervanbeveren-1/jasper-russia
                          "..as he was with his composers?"

Comment

• Comment

• I will say that while her tone sounds divine (laaaaaately, I’ve been watching you), she also sounds extremely constrained/light, if it’s due to the dresses than lawd, loosen them up
                              #CAUTION

Comment

• BUMPeejumping:
                                https://chat.whatsapp.com/HIdyI2Lw6vh1qKzDcXjG71
                                MC whatsapp group, more people = more fun. Wish everybody from all forums may be now in one place!

Comment

• Crybaby is such a great song. Her vocals, lyrics are A+. Is such an underrated gem and the video looks exactly how I pictured when I listen to the song

Comment

• Originally posted by Hejira View Post

Your comments sound really bad live.
                                    OMG in which world. Her tone is still beautiful

Comment

• delapuerta her tone is gorgeous right now

But she does go through phases where she will sound more constricted, and right now is just one of those times

I am not sure if it is technique or maybe just the ensemble, the full voice doesn’t sound as full but very light, like she took a small hit of helium

It doesn’t have that bold richness and huskiness she always has at Christmas, or the European Caution tour, Jamaica, TEOM era, or the CB tour, it’s more like how she sounds on “Money”

I think it is technique because it was there for “Endless Love,” the song kind of requires it

Last edited by allygdale; Sat February 22nd, 2020, 01:32.
                                      #CAUTION

Comment

• SideEffects
                                        SideEffects commented
                                        Editing a comment
                                        I believe it’s to do with technique, her voice has grown darker so her approach is to lighten the tone to sound younger. She sings using a forward placement. That’s why 2018 to now sounds so light and slightly constricted?/ not as full.

If she were to use a deeper placement, aka charmbracelet, butterfly, rainbow etc... she would sound more like that but a lot darker. a bit like 2015 and 2017 but better condition. Hope this makes sense.

• Originally posted by AlmondBreeze View Post
                                      Queen of writing her own great melodies
                                      #CAUTION

Comment

• Originally posted by allygdale View Post
                                        I hate that I like “Almost Home” because Mariah dislikes it so much

The verses ain’t it because they are so unMariah but the chorus is great
                                        I think it's great mostly except my gripe is maybe the opposite. Verses sound strong, cool melody but the way I hear it the chorus is kind of fluffed writing wise - nice vocals but kind of empty melodically and lyrically, anti-climacitc and even the title sounds weak to me - I mean there's not much to it like 'we're nearly there, maybe by the time the songs finished we'll be... there' Plus the 'know your not alone' bit is kind of cringe just lazy rhyme for the sake of it. I do think she takes pride in only singing very few songs that anyone else wrote for her, almost none so she probably wants to distance herself from anything she doesn't connect with like this. Sweet verses though

Comment

• Hi all, so is Mariah doing anything for the 30th year of her career? Hope she is! would be nice to see her do something on live TV. Hopefully she is developing her confidence more.

Comment

• Her tone is one of a kind tho, the way she’s able manipulate her voice to sound different every few years shows how clever and creative she is. Most artists just sound the same tonally, even after a decade or they sound slightly darker

what would you consider her most pleasant tone?

Comment

• Mariah commented on Ariana’s instagram:

Comment

• At this point I don’t see why she won’t get her body done instead of squeezing in these dresses. Everyone does it now. But overall she still looks good and we have seen so much worse. I’m happy that SHE’S happy and has been so consistent for the past 2 years.

Comment

• Did anyone notice mariah sold out msg at the end of 2009 and the end of 2019? Legenriah.
                                                  Me. I am Itsawrap.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X