Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hejira View Post

That really wasn't the best way they could have handled that video, very cringey. Then again, if I'd get the chance to sit down and let Mariah do stuff to me I'd let her roll me around in cow poop I think
    Honestly, I think I am the only one who watched that video and saw ”again” how knowledgable Mariah is, that's because everyone else saw it either cringy or crazy...
    The thing is, anything natural and organic is better than those chemicals we’re putting on our skin and even healthier in the long run, and Mariah obviously understands this, while everyone was mocking her.

Comment

• You Had Your Chance (L)
      https://soundcloud.com/hephaestusdog

Comment

• Mariah Carey the best singer of all time
        My Queen! My Goddess! My Idol!
        Forever and always!

Comment

• Comment

• Has activity across the entire site slowed down dramatically since the update, or is it just Mariah's section that has ground to a halt?

I know there's no news but it's never been this slow before in the 15 years I've been using the site
            Iíll just sit right here and sing that good old school sh@* to you!

Comment

• Originally posted by WaitYourTurn View Post
              Has activity across the entire site slowed down dramatically since the update, or is it just Mariah's section that has ground to a halt?

I know there's no news but it's never been this slow before in the 15 years I've been using the site
              The whole board has gone quiet. Quite unfortunate.
              "Is Stalin on your shoulder..."
              https://soundcloud.com/jaspervanbeveren-1/jasper-russia
              "..as he was with his composers?"

Comment

Has activity across the entire site slowed down dramatically since the update, or is it just Mariah's section that has ground to a halt?

Think its a mixture of both tbh.

Comment

• It's just a shame that it's difficult to scroll through on my iphone in it's current format. The text is large, one post fills the entire screen, replying to posts is more of a chore due to the above issues. Has there been a feedback group where this experience has been shared?
                  Iíll just sit right here and sing that good old school sh@* to you!

Comment

• I can’t say I enjoy the new format very much either. I’ve also never known it be this dead.
                    To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

Comment

• I have to agree about the new format. I'm not sure why, but it's difficult to read and navigate, especially from a phone.

I'm sure things will pick back up when Mariah has news, though.

Comment

• Originally posted by mariahcareyfan View Post

Honestly, I think I am the only one who watched that video and saw ”again” how knowledgable Mariah is, that's because everyone else saw it either cringy or crazy...
                        The thing is, anything natural and organic is better than those chemicals we’re putting on our skin and even healthier in the long run, and Mariah obviously understands this, while everyone was mocking her.
                        It’s okay to say that Mariah isn’t an expert, or that she made a mistake with this video. She is good campy fun, which one of the many reasons we love her.

My stepdad is a dermatologist, and my mom is a medical esthetician. I couldn’t believe Mariah did the stuff with sugar. It was a move straight out of 1999. Her skin is impeccable, and given her resources and access to the best experts in the industry, she had to know better. Perhaps she was trying to be relatable and use stuff us regular folks can get our hands on, but it was a big fail.

Sugar is a physical exfoliant, which is a big no-no in 2020, as it was in 2019 when she did this. It is far too rough for facial skin. Why do you think Kylie got laughed to Hell and back for her St. Ives knockoff? It was a physical exfoliant! And we won’t talk about she how pulled down on Dinah’s skin instead of up.

Lastly, since when are chemicals bad? If it’s been tested, found to be stable, and not harmful, it’s okay. Synthetics are perfectly fine to use, provided you do your research and find the best ones. Mariah herself uses fillers, and that doesn’t meet your criteria. If she likes it, then I love it, but COME ON.

You douse yourself in water on a daily basis (I hope!), and that’s a chemical. You eat things that aren’t so great for you, and yet, here you are, talking about the all-natural life.

Last edited by banksy; Mon February 24th, 2020, 18:50.

Comment

The MC Archives forum seems to popping. The Mariah subreddit is more active, too. I hate to be point people away from this thread, but if we’re really not going to talk about anything...

If Mariah had another massive vocal fail, this place would be LIT.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthernMonkey View Post
                            I can’t say I enjoy the new format very much either. I’ve also never known it be this dead.

Comment

• Mariah has been saying “dahhling” for a lot longer than I realized, haha.

Comment

It's just a shame that it's difficult to scroll through on my iphone in it's current format. The text is large, one post fills the entire screen, replying to posts is more of a chore due to the above issues. Has there been a feedback group where this experience has been shared?
                                https://www.ukmix.org/forum/ukmix/fr...0#post10352001
                                My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• Mariah only looked filled when that old manager was around, if she has any now it’s very minimal and well done

A sugar scrub isn’t going to harm the barrier any more than a mild lactic or glycolic, just slab on something with ceramides in it after
                                  #CAUTION

Comment

• Slipping Away is Mariah's best b-side (should have been included on Daydream!!!).
                                    I really don't like the new site format too.. It's not as easy to follow anymore.
                                    #mariahcarey #lambforlife

Comment

• Originally posted by banksy View Post

It’s okay to say that Mariah isn’t an expert, or that she made a mistake with this video. She is good campy fun, which one of the many reasons we love her.

My stepdad is a dermatologist, and my mom is a medical esthetician. I couldn’t believe Mariah did the stuff with sugar. It was a move straight out of 1999. Her skin is impeccable, and given her resources and access to the best experts in the industry, she had to know better. Perhaps she was trying to be relatable and use stuff us regular folks can get our hands on, but it was a big fail.

Sugar is a physical exfoliant, which is a big no-no in 2020, as it was in 2019 when she did this. It is far too rough for facial skin. Why do you think Kylie got laughed to Hell and back for her St. Ives knockoff? It was a physical exfoliant! And we won’t talk about she how pulled down on Dinah’s skin instead of up.

Lastly, since when are chemicals bad? If it’s been tested, found to be stable, and not harmful, it’s okay. Synthetics are perfectly fine to use, provided you do your research and find the best ones. Mariah herself uses fillers, and that doesn’t meet your criteria. If she likes it, then I love it, but COME ON.

You douse yourself in water on a daily basis (I hope!), and that’s a chemical. You eat things that aren’t so great for you, and yet, here you are, talking about the all-natural life.

I’ll just answer the last part since you seem to know what I am eating or if I am dozing in the water on a daily basis, hah! I am sure that what I am eating is cleaner than what you're eating and healthier too, plus I am sure that I am dozing in water more than you can dream to do, simply because it's our lifestyle in here and you don't know anything about it, so don't come at me and say that I don't know what your lifestyle is, because you allowed your self to pretend that you know how I am living, so I am simply doing the same ;), you’re using tissue to clean your self and not water when you're in that case, so i’ll drop my mic here, hah!

Plus having a mother and a father in the medical field doesn't mean that all their knowledge is right ;).

Comment

• Just noticed that Mariah's H.A.T.E.U remix & Ciara's Body Party use the same samle.
                                        #mariahcarey #lambforlife

Comment

• Worst video...can't decide between:

ALS (cheap 4 minute job done on a nokia clamshell phone)
                                          H.A.T.E U (images burned into my brain forever...)
                                          IWKWLI (possessed fans whose brains have been snatched by aliens, all in a fake stadium generated on a Commodore 64 computer).

Comment

• Originally posted by AlmondBreeze View Post
                                            Worst video...can't decide between:

IWKWLI (possessed fans whose brains have been snatched by aliens, all in a fake stadium generated on a Commodore 64 computer).
                                            I like IWKWLI, but I agree on the other two choices.
                                            My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• Originally posted by AlmondBreeze View Post
                                              Worst video...can't decide between:

ALS?

Comment

• Originally posted by allygdale View Post
                                                Mariah only looked filled when that old manager was around, if she has any now it’s very minimal and well done

A sugar scrub isn’t going to harm the barrier any more than a mild lactic or glycolic, just slab on something with ceramides in it after
                                                Her face can’t or won’t move. That’s the most obvious indicator, and she does get touch-ups. She’s been getting them since at least 2004. She has to, or she’ll stop looking eternally twelve. The Restalayne use is obvious.

It’s not an indictment or even a criticism. She continues to be in an industry that doesn’t see a woman’s value far beyond how she looks. Can’t be helped, but let’s not act like Mariah is procedure-free. A fifty year-old woman with no crow’s feet, no smile lines, and the nasolabial folds of a teenager? Girl, please.

And yes, a sugar scrub IS going to be more abrasive than a chemical exfoliant. Chemicals don’t actually pierce or tear the skin, whereas even the slightest agitation from sugar will. And you need more than ceramides to keep your facial skin in balance, regardless of what you use to exfoliate.
                                                Last edited by banksy; Mon February 24th, 2020, 23:32.

Comment

• banksy, I think it's massive make-up.

Comment

• Omg how can anyone think Mariah hasn’t had injections or fillers? I’m no expert on the names etc but please... she looks great for it but her smile is different these days a lot of the time.. you can see from that “refrigerator lighting” video that she’s not fully natural now and she was carrying a lot less make up in that video.
                                                    To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X