No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• She had, also face keeps changing while aging.
    Last edited by delapuerta; Tue February 25th, 2020, 12:13.

Comment

• You know lambs are bored when plastic/cosmic surgery returns as a topic.
      "Is Stalin on your shoulder..."
      https://soundcloud.com/jaspervanbeveren-1/jasper-russia
      "..as he was with his composers?"

Comment

• I Don’t is a bop, and the drama that preceded its release completely overshadowed it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hejira View Post
          You know lambs are bored when plastic/cosmic surgery returns as a topic.
          I see it as part of a regular and healthy discussion of Mariah. Are we supposed to act like it’s not obvious? :p

As I said in a previous comment, I don’t care either way. It’s not my face or body, and she does look incredible, so she can do her. Still, I’m not going to pretend to not see it.

Comment

• Originally posted by banksy View Post
            I Don’t is a bop, and the drama that preceded its release completely overshadowed it.
            The video cheapened the song as well. Usually when I look at "new" Mariah videos a few months later when the dust has settled I find myself enjoying them. Not the case with "I Don't".
            But yeah, the song is hot...I even edited it in my Caution album.

Comment

I see it as part of a regular and healthy discussion of Mariah. Are we supposed to act like it’s not obvious? :p

As I said in a previous comment, I don’t care either way. It’s not my face or body, and she does look incredible, so she can do her. Still, I’m not going to pretend to not see it.
              I didn't say it shouldn't be talked about, I see it too. It's obvious but since we live in a time where basically everyone and they momma has had something done I don't see the value of the discussion. She clearly knows how to use it to her advantage. As long as she doesn't touch the lips she'll age gracefully enough.

Comment

I didn't say it shouldn't be talked about, I see it too. It's obvious but since we live in a time where basically everyone and they momma has had something done I don't see the value of the discussion. She clearly knows how to use it to her advantage. As long as she doesn't touch the lips she'll age gracefully enough.
                Her top lip is fuller when she smiles in recent years but it’s subtle, thank god.
                To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

Comment

• Anyway. I hope this woman throws us a bone sometime soon.

Comment

• Ariana deleted the post where Mariah commented?

Comment

The video cheapened the song as well. Usually when I look at "new" Mariah videos a few months later when the dust has settled I find myself enjoying them. Not the case with "I Don't".
                      But yeah, the song is hot...I even edited it in my

Caution album.
                      Funny you said that about Caution, because I thought it would have fit in perfectly as I listened to it this morning. And everything was a mess and keyed up for her failure at the time. The NYE drama. The split from James. The fact that she had no real management, was being exploited, and her life was just a mess in general.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthernMonkey View Post

Her top lip is fuller when she smiles in recent years but it’s subtle, thank god.
                        Someone on FOMM told me that it was Kristofer Buckle’s “extended lip line” when I pointed it out in some of the Memoirs promo back in 2009.

That ish still makes me giggle. IDK if it’s even still around, but Liron and Lynn ran that site like people should honored to be a part of it. I think it had something to do with their connection to Mariah, and how fans aren’t supposed to say anything “negative” about her, ever.

Liron policed the lambily and sucked up to Mariah’s team for years. That’s how she got to be in her circle, in case y’all didn’t know.

Comment

Someone on FOMM told me that it was Kristofer Buckle’s “extended lip line” when I pointed it out in some of the Memoirs promo back in 2009.
                          That is literally what it is though. She overlines her toplip...she did it excessively during the CB era. In some pictures where she wears less make up you can still see very clearly how she has a pretty thin upperlip that's not touched by filler. She commented on it herself a few months ago in an interview how she hates red lipstick because it thins her lips and she used to consider some filler but was over that idea.

Comment

• I’ve always loved MC’s lips. They’re beautifully shaped.
                            #CAUTION

Comment

• I think it is so strange If It’s Over was never a single, yes it’s more traditional but so was VOL

I’m thinking about it now because Mariah reposted that tweet with Emotions Unplugged high notes, but I think newer fans born in the 90s and 2000s would be absolutely FLOORED by a Grammys or SNL clip of If It’s Over
                              #CAUTION

Comment

• Originally posted by allygdale View Post
                                I think it is so strange If It’s Over was never a single, yes it’s more traditional but so was VOL

I’m thinking about it now because Mariah reposted that tweet with Emotions Unplugged high notes, but I think newer fans born in the 90s and 2000s would be absolutely FLOORED by a Grammys or SNL clip of If It’s Over
                                I honestly wish she would have done more tracks in that vein.

Comment

• No offense to any other immensely talented singers, but this is the best live vocal performance I have ever heard in my life, I mean, F*CK

She seemed so at ease too, she was really able to pretend the audience didn’t exist back then, she was just doing it for her

My favorite ever Mariah performance is Close My Eyes on Rosie, but if I wanted to show her off her vocal capability, I would play someone that
                                  #CAUTION

Comment

• The new video she posted is funny

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                                      The new video she posted is funny
                                      I literally LOL'ed. Love the banter between her and demkids.

Comment

• If anyone met Mariah in person before you would clearly see some aging under her eyes. She doesn’t come up in photos of videos but if you are standing right in front of her you’ll see it.

I noticed from 2015-2016 when she obviously did something where it gave her those cat eyes it was not noticeable. But since 2017 she stopped doing whatever caused that. You can see some mini crows feet but I love it that way. Looks so natural.

Comment

I think it is so strange If It’s Over was never a single, yes it’s more traditional but so was VOL

It was a single here. It was obviously not appealing enough for the GP. Mariah had five Top 40 hits at that point and three Top 10 albums. I'll Be There was her biggest hit here at that moment and had hit #1. Still, the follow up, If It's Over, couldn't even make the Top 40. Somehow it was just not single material.
                                          She should have released You're So Cold or And You Don't Remember instead IMO.
                                          My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

No offense to any other immensely talented singers, but this is the best live vocal performance I have ever heard in my life, I mean, F*CK

She seemed so at ease too, she was really able to pretend the audience didn’t exist back then, she was just doing it for her

My favorite ever Mariah performance is Close My Eyes on Rosie, but if I wanted to show her off her vocal capability, I would play someone that
                                            I have also shown that exact video to people, even older casual fans who were alive to witness Mariah in her prime, and they are blown away. I think people just forget what she could do back then. The sheer capability and versatility!
                                            You donít have to be afraid of what you are!

Comment

• That new Tik Tok video is gold.
                                              She is so good with social media.
                                              5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Comment

• Mariah Carey the best singer of all time
                                                  My Queen! My Goddess! My Idol!
                                                  Forever and always!

Comment

• Mariah Carey the best singer of all time
                                                    My Queen! My Goddess! My Idol!
                                                    Forever and always!

Comment

Working...
                                                    X