Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by chefnicolas View Post

Never going to happen. You guys have to realize that while Mimi seems to handle pretty well live touring, vocally she does not seem in a great place for recording. Not for a demanding ballad with one of her most praised competitors, that would require prime time vocals and would call for strong pressure and incessant comparisons between the two. Leave Mimi alone, she's not up for that. Let her enjoy her achievements.
    I think that if/when she regains full faith in her instrument, she'll let us know.
    No pressure!
    unfortunately....sad as it is....I completely agree with this...in fact,,,,even if it wasn't Mariah....there would be comparisons du jour en masse

......now what about that karaoke outtake of ariana and tori doing the Mariah and Whitney???
    back on the originals;https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jt-e_LDIIPk
    https://youtu.be/AGo6kb7jg4I

Comment

• So Mariah is free for the next 8 months until November. I wonder if she's going to work on new music. There's plenty of time to do that and finish her memoirs.
      I love all things Mariah. DAAAAHHHHLING!!!!

Comment

Never going to happen. You guys have to realize that while Mimi seems to handle pretty well live touring, vocally she does not seem in a great place for recording. Not for a demanding ballad with one of her most praised competitors, that would require prime time vocals and would call for strong pressure and incessant comparisons between the two. Leave Mimi alone, she's not up for that. Let her enjoy her achievements.
        I think that if/when she regains full faith in her instrument, she'll let us know.
        No pressure!
        What a stupid comment. The only reason she won't do a duet with Celine is because musically they have nothing in common. Nice try being subtle about your opinions on Mariah's voice though. She sounded great on 'Caution'.
        "Is Stalin on your shoulder..."
        https://soundcloud.com/jaspervanbeveren-1/jasper-russia
        "..as he was with his composers?"

Comment

• I wonder what she has planned. It is her 30 year anniversary this year.
          I love all things Mariah. DAAAAHHHHLING!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Lafa View Post
            Mariah should shit out albums like she did in the 90's..
            I agree bc... nothing will sell... good music or bad. But at least she will keep me busy.
            My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by taustin13 View Post
              I wonder what she has planned. It is her 30 year anniversary this year.
              Someday/Vanishing demo versions.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hejira View Post

What a stupid comment. The only reason she won't do a duet with Celine is because musically they have nothing in common. Nice try being subtle about your opinions on Mariah's voice though. She sounded great on 'Caution'.
                lol defensive enough? What a stupid reply, if ever. Makes me think you didn't fully understand my point. Which is subtle, yes, cause things are not necessarily black OR white.
                Caution is perfect as it is but she didn't belt it out, and this is the most frequent complaint we've read on here about the album, which is a masterpiece anyway.

Comment

• Here is something that will stir up conversation....

NEVER BEFORE SEEN Anytime you need a friend video!!!!

[center:373j9ui8]"Music starts with M and ends with C"

Mariah Carey[/center:373j9ui8]

Comment

lol defensive enough? What a stupid reply, if ever. Makes me think you didn't fully understand my point. Which is subtle, yes, cause things are not necessarily black OR white.
                    Caution is perfect as it is but she didn't belt it out, and this is the most frequent complaint we've read on here about the album, which is a masterpiece anyway.
                    But who says Mariah needs to belt in order to "battle" Celine. I can come up with multiple reasons why I think Mariah trumps Celine on record (and live) but that's all very personal. You made it seem like Mariah is clearly inferior.

Comment

• In all honesty, Mariah would never collaborate with Celine Dion because that's just not her cup of tea. I'm sure she respects her as a vocalist, but Celine doesn't fall under the styling of music that Mariah leans towards, which is more urban or R&B.

Mariah has been in the studio lately and during one of her radio interviews around Xmas time even confirmed that she did a collaboration with a male artist that would be considered surprising. It was an urban radio station, so I would assume its an urban artist. I know Travis Scott is on her label, so maybe him??

IDK if we'll get a new album this year, but I would love for her to release a new stand alone single! If she did collaborate with Travis Scott (which once again, same label... should be pretty easy to achieve) he would definitely help her to gain streams with a new single... could be the key to gaining that 20th #1 hit. Plus, a T.Scott collaboration would seem like a natural fit for her.

Comment

• Originally posted by SmartIsNewSexy View Post
                        Here is something that will stir up conversation....

NEVER BEFORE SEEN Anytime you need a friend video!!!!

Here it's the full clip. She appears singing Now that I know and AYNAF live.

Comment

• What an amazing video from ET!
                          So many amazing moments.

Also, what a hideous concept for ATYNAF... what were they thinking?
                          A medieval castle concept? Ok.
                          MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• How come we never heard of this video?

Great to see her love for Now Thet I Know.
                            My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• and she doing backgrounds for Brenda

Comment

• Originally posted by delapuerta View Post

Here it's the full clip. She appears singing Now that I know and AYNAF live.

How I never knew there was another video for ATYNAF?!

Comment

• Mariah Carey NEVER seen before footage - ATYNAF unreleased MV, rare performances, intervievs!

https://soundcloud.com/hephaestusdog

Comment

• The concept of the official video was definitely better, and it was her first one to feature her straight hair!!!.

By the way, i believe she could've released a 5th single, either Now That I Know or Ive Been Thinking About You. Because pop dance genre was huge in 1994.

Comment

• I love her sarcasm, sense of humour and wit! She's always had it

Comment

• Originally posted by mm2912 View Post

How I never knew there was another video for ATYNAF?!
                                        I think none of us!

Comment

• Originally posted by leoapp View Post
                                          The concept of the official video was definitely better, and it was her first one to feature her straight hair!!!.

By the way, i believe she could've released a 5th single, either Now That I Know or Ive Been Thinking About You. Because pop dance genre was huge in 1994.
                                          I agree. All that castle, Middle Ages concept... indeed like Mariah said in the video, there's no concept

Comment

• omg that ATYNAF live snippet!! I LIVE!

Everything, it only fades...

Comment

• Some pictures came out a few weeks ago from that AYNAF set where she was standing with some weirdly clothed children, it looked very bizarre lol.

Comment

• It was The Illuminati’s version of the video
                                                I AM A GOD!

Comment

• Originally posted by Cashiado View Post
                                                  I would love to see Mariah do a song with: Janet Jackson, Lauryn Hill or Missy Elliot

Bring all these ladies back together!

I know the Lauryn Hill duet would never happen. Wasn’t it rumored they were supposed to work on a song, Crystal Ball, or something?

Anyways, maybe if JD and Janet are amicable, he can produce a MC & Janet duet.

Since Babydoll & Heartbreaker Remix, I’ve been jonsin’ for another MC & Missy collaboration!

PS. A massive ballad with Celine HAS to happen! We should start a campaign!!!!
                                                  the vocal Trinity of my life is Mariah, Whitney & Celine!

Can you imagine how big a duet with Celine would be!?! You know they wouldn’t half ass it! It would be the biggest moment!
                                                  Jarmaine Duprie was planning mariah/janet feat in 2006 for 20 y.o ... I dont know what happened

Comment

• Originally posted by gorgonzola View Post

Jarmaine Duprie was planning mariah/janet feat in 2006 for 20 y.o ... I dont know what happened
                                                    I think we should all be thankful that never happened because because the production he did around that time, especially for Janet, was terrible.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X