Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Originally posted by redhorse2016a View Post
    It seems Mariah's record of having 3 debut no. 1s at Hot 100 will be broken soon by Ariana thru her new single with Lady Gaga. Oh well, congrats still.
    At least is by two talented women

Comment

• Cardi b was listening to Loverboy!

Comment

• Originally posted by redhorse2016a View Post
        It seems Mariah's record of having 3 debut no. 1s at Hot 100 will be broken soon by Ariana thru her new single with Lady Gaga. Oh well, congrats still.

The record should've only been TIED at 3.

the #1 with justin shouldn't have counted. Its a complete flop and underserving.

Mess!

Comment

• InFamous
          InFamous commented
          Editing a comment
          I agree that the track is completely forgettable, but a No 1 is a No 1.

• Pop Diva Super Starlet

im gonna use that title for Mariah moving forward

Comment

• Since she is being so nostalgic towards Glitter, fans should campaign to have her let us hear the original "Loverboy".
          Last edited by iHypeMusic; Mon May 25, 2020, 02:42.

Comment

• Originally posted by iHypeMusic View Post
            Since she is being so nostalgic towards Glitter, fans should campaign to have her let us hear the original "Loverboy".
            Or for her to sing Turn Me Loose!

Comment

• What was the Prince song that was supposed to be for Glitter soundtrack?

Comment

• Something that I've always wanted to hear was the original Firecracker sample of Loverboy. In fact, I'm surprised that - as much as Mariah fans (specifically Brazilian) are able to leak so much - the original Loverboy hasn't been leaked. This song and Mariah's version of Where Are You Christmas are like the holy grails of the Mariah fandom...

Comment

• Always be my baby & My all & Loverboy should've debuted #1... These 3 songs unluckily debuted #2 sigh...

Comment

• Originally posted by SmartIsNewSexy View Post
                    Cardi b was listening to Loverboy!

I must be deaf but I can’t hear Loverboy in the video

Comment

• SmartIsNewSexy
                      SmartIsNewSexy commented
                      Editing a comment
                      At the end, you can see Loverboy listed on her phone

• Twister is such an underrated song and never talked about. The vocals and production are perfection.

Comment

• Mariah Carey the best singer of all time
                      My Queen! My Goddess! My Idol!
                      Forever and always!

Comment

• SmartIsNewSexy
                        SmartIsNewSexy commented
                        Editing a comment
                        We love Mama Patti for keeping mariah in check!

• I'm curious to know how much information about the Glitter "debacle" she will detail in her book. We've gotten short stories here and there, but a lot of it has come from other people's perspectives. Plus, we only know so much, what else dont we know?

She did mention that it will be a "Very real moment" so i wonder if she will talk about her bipolar diagnosis and the events leading up to it.
                      See latest news on Reports, Infractions & Bans
                      See Mariah Carey's Memoir thread

Comment

• Originally posted by banksy View Post

Virgin let her walk away with 100% ownership of it. They literally washed their hands of her, made fun of her afterward, and went belly up as she reclaimed her throne in 2005.

It’s not her style, but I really hope she takes a vindication lap in the book. The guy who took over as Virgin’s then-new president blamed all of the label’s hardships on her.
                        I doubt if this is true. If she owned it from the get go she could have put it on streaming platfroms whenever she wanted to. Clearly there has been a lot going on behind the scenes for her to get it out on to all platforms. She definitely owns it now though.

Comment

• This album is pure magic. Clearly I have so much nostalgia for Glitter, but I am loving all the new fans and secret lambs emerging in the #justiceforglitter era.

Also, I have never stanned "Loverboy" so hard.
                          You donít have to be afraid of what you are!

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

I doubt if this is true. If she owned it from the get go she could have put it on streaming platfroms whenever she wanted to. Clearly there has been a lot going on behind the scenes for her to get it out on to all platforms. She definitely owns it now though.

It was widely reported that the masters were part of the buyout of her contract. However, Virgin would have inked a lot of publishing deals for it already, plus Mariah probably wasn't too keen on even bothering to shore it up. The album has been in no man's land for a long time now. Great to see it on streaming regardless of how it happened.

Comment

• InFamous
                              InFamous commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Masters yes, publishing no.

• Another thing to consider is the managerial and legal teams she had with her throughout the years. Perhaps no one even bothered to look into these things.

I do think the Glitter upload is important not only because of the JusticeForGlitter campaign, but because what it could signal for her future distribution and publishings. She is reaching that point in her career when she will begin getting back full control of her material.

She didnt take Glitter to another publisher or label when she could've. So I wonder if this is a move she will take with other album masters when she gets those rights.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
                              Always be my baby & My all & Loverboy should've debuted #1... These 3 songs unluckily debuted #2 sigh...
                              I don't think Loverboy debuted at #2 but it would have been so great so see him reach #1 anyway! Loverboy is da bop! Definitely my favorite uptempo of hers, always giving me this good feeling when I listen to it

Comment

• Originally posted by SmartIsNewSexy View Post
                                I really DETEST that Mariah wasn't credited on "Babyface Everytime I close my eyes"

I wonder why this isn't something she asked for even after all this time.

Comment

• SmartIsNewSexy
                                  SmartIsNewSexy commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  I wish Mariah was in the music video too.
                                  You hear this Angelic voice coming from the Heavens and there are no images of her....

I guess they didnt want Mariah stealing the show.

• Marchum
                                  Marchum commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  She's credited on Spotify.

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post

I wonder why this isn't something she asked for even after all this time.
                                Mariah is credited for the backing vocals she provided. That is not a duet or even a feature! Babyface also provided backing vocals on some of her tracks and wouldn't expect to get a lead vocal feature. If Mariah had a verse sure but on that track she provides background only. Beautiful song.
                                It's a pity they never did an actual duet cos they sound great together.

Comment

• Originally posted by ElusiveButterfly View Post

I don't think Loverboy debuted at #2 but it would have been so great so see him reach #1 anyway! Loverboy is da bop! Definitely my favorite uptempo of hers, always giving me this good feeling when I listen to it
                                  I actually prefer Loverboy over Fantasy, Dreamlover, Heartbreaker and Honey

Comment

• Originally posted by divingmuffin View Post
                                    This album is pure magic. Clearly I have so much nostalgia for Glitter, but I am loving all the new fans and secret lambs emerging in the #justiceforglitter era.

Also, I have never stanned "Loverboy" so hard.
                                    I’m basically stanning and listening like it’s a brand new album. (Even tho I always loved the album from the very first listening when I was young and never cared it had this stigma because it flopped)

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

Mariah is credited for the backing vocals she provided. That is not a duet or even a feature! Babyface also provided backing vocals on some of her tracks and wouldn't expect to get a lead vocal feature. If Mariah had a verse sure but on that track she provides background only. Beautiful song.
                                      It's a pity they never did an actual duet cos they sound great together.
                                      But on Spotify she’s credited as an artist
                                      everytime I close my eyes (with Mariah Carey, Kenny G
                                      https://open.spotify.com/track/2ezqQ...MJoO4w1hA?nd=1

Comment

• SmartIsNewSexy
                                        SmartIsNewSexy commented
                                        Editing a comment
                                        On Billboard she wasn't credited.
                                        Therefore the song's chart success (#6 peak) doesn't count towards Mariah's tally.

• InFamous
                                        InFamous commented
                                        Editing a comment
                                        Unless it's on her own page it wont count towards her streams so it doesn't matter. She wasn't credited when it was released.

• Originally posted by mm2912 View Post

But on Spotify she’s credited as an artist
                                      everytime I close my eyes (with Mariah Carey, Kenny G
                                      https://open.spotify.com/track/2ezqQ...MJoO4w1hA?nd=1
                                      Likely in part due to the appeal and having her name.

IMO, if she wanted credit for it, it would be granted.

Comment

Working...
                                      X