X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by allygdale View Post
    Finally Theo’s Club Joint remix of Dreamlover! It’s R&B,
    my favorite version, was on the Hero maxi

Now without a “Do You Think of Me” or “Everything Fades Away,” we may be getting a b-side disc one, rarity/demo disc 2 album, with a new song?
    Yeah, Theo's Club Joint Mix is one of my fave versions too.
    It's very R&B of the era but it still to me doesn't sound that dated.

Is the version on Spotify different to the Hero single? I didn't pick up any differences.

MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• Well Mariah said we’d be getting Slipping Away so we’ll know when the Daydream era rolls out either next week or the week after (depends if we’ll get a Christmas era).

If we get Slipping Away with Daydream, then it’s safe to say we won’t be getting a B-sides album with Do You Think of Me, EFA, etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by jr588 View Post
        Well Mariah said we’d be getting Slipping Away so we’ll know when the Daydream era rolls out either next week or the week after (depends if we’ll get a Christmas era).

If we get Slipping Away with Daydream, then it’s safe to say we won’t be getting a B-sides album with Do You Think of Me, EFA, etc.
        I’ll be really sad if we don’t. There’s no point in getting slipping away and not the others. But I’m hopeful we’ll get them all including the ones from glitter and universal records

Comment

• I wonder if we'll get the Mariah only Endless Love.
          I believe it was on the single release.

I did have a copy of the mp3 sometime YEARS ago.
          MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• Originally posted by InfoFromAus View Post
          I wonder if we'll get the Mariah only Endless Love.
          I believe it was on the single release.

I did have a copy of the mp3 sometime YEARS ago.
          Wait WHAT. How come I didn't know about this until now?
          http://oi42.tinypic.com/2m3lnpv.jpg

Follow me on LastFM: http://www.lastfm.es/user/S-Yair

www.instagram.com/sebastiansuaid/

Comment

• Speaking of B-sides, they need to release THERE FOR ME !!!

that song is EVERYTHING!

Comment

• Originally posted by mm2912 View Post

I’ll be really sad if we don’t. There’s no point in getting slipping away and not the others. But I’m hopeful we’ll get them all including the ones from glitter and universal records
              I respectfully disagree that there is no point in getting just Slipping Away. I also want all the B-sides and rare tracks, but getting Slipping Away on streaming services is MAJOR for me.
              You don’t have to be afraid of what you are!

Comment

• Originally posted by sYair View Post

Wait WHAT. How come I didn't know about this until now?
                Yeah... it's lovely. The duet with luther though is amazing as his voice is so good!
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1qE8rU1ZSQ

I don't know if it's official SmartIsNewSexy .
                I may have been mistaken regarding its appearance on a single.

EDIT: Apparently in Japan according to wiki.
                MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• SmartIsNewSexy sYair

I especially bought the Japanese CD single back then to have the Mariah only version. Be aware though: they leave out Luther's voice. It is not like she is singing his part too.
                  It also contains a Luther only version which allows you to sing Mariah's part.
                  My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• SmartIsNewSexy
                    SmartIsNewSexy commented
                    Editing a comment
                    So Its like a Karoake track...

I was expecting Mariah to sing Luther's part.

• I wouldnt mind just* getting Slipping Away. But only getting it and not other B-sides as well would make me scratch my head and wonder why.
                  See latest news on Reports, Infractions & Bans
                  See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                    I wouldnt mind just* getting Slipping Away. But only getting it and not other B-sides as well would make me scratch my head and wonder why.
                    Especially after she's recently acknowledged Everything Fades Away with the acapella moment during the last round of Butterfly Returns. I saw an Insta live thing with Walter A where he said he thought Everything Fades Away and Anytime You Need A Friend were two of the best songs he and MC wrote together. I'm not a fan of Walter A as a person, but I do have to agree with him there!

Comment

• Hope these tracks get officially released at some point

B-sides and non-U.S. bonus tracks

"Don't Play That Song (for Me)"
                      "Do You Think of Me
                      "Everything Fades Away"
                      "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen
                      "Slipping Away"
                      "Do You Know Where You're Going To (Theme from Mahogany)
                      "There for Me"
                      "Miss You
                      "There Goes My Heart
                      "Sprung"
                      "Secret Love"
                      "Heat"
                      "4real4real"
                      "Runway"

Spanish recordings
                      "Héroe"
                      "El Amor Que Soñé
                      "Mi Todo

live performances
                      "We're Not Making Love Anymore" (featuring Michael Bolton)
                      "With You I'm Born Again

Comment

• Well, now we have "Don't Play That Song" on the Live Debut Album.

"Do You Know Where You're Going To" saw a release on Spotify (and perhaps other streaming services) as a single in the US that is still currently available.

"Miss You" was included on The Remixes.

"God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen" is available on the 2005 re-release of Merry Christmas, and I think this is now included in the updated tracklist on many platforms. Not sure how it is outside the US, but hopefully this helps you out :-)

Comment

• I'm curious. Why didnt they put Proctors Theatre and MSG as separate EPs or as Live albums? Were there legal or budgeting issues?

I like hearing concerts as they are rather than chopped up separately across different EPs. Not to mention she has so few live albums on the streameries.

Comment

I'm curious. Why didnt they put Proctors Theatre and MSG as separate EPs or as Live albums? Were there legal or budgeting issues?

I like hearing concerts as they are rather than chopped up separately across different EPs. Not to mention she has so few live albums on the streameries.
                            I guess if this is how they're coming we can always just make them into our own Spotify playlists? I agree a full live album would be preferable but I'll make it work

Comment

I'm curious. Why didnt they put Proctors Theatre and MSG as separate EPs or as Live albums? Were there legal or budgeting issues?

I prefer them "chopped up". Otherwise you get a concert like The Debut Live where they place the speeches at the end of a song, so when you play them in a different order you hear her announce a song she isn't going to sing. I hate that. Also, those introductions to a song are nice to hear once, but not every time you play the song IMO.
                              My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• AYNAF Soul convention remix out on her Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCel...ature=emb_logo

Comment

• ^I love the speeches and audience moments the most. Thats why I love live albums haha

This is great!

Comment

• Originally posted by sts View Post

I guess if this is how they're coming we can always just make them into our own Spotify playlists? I agree a full live album would be preferable but I'll make it work
                                    But they’re not uploading all the performances. VOL, LTT, WY etc didn’t get an EP so no live audio from MSG or Proctors either. I hope they eventually put an separate EP with all the live áudios from these concerts

Comment

• Love watching new videos for the First time!

hopefully they found the underneath the stars video too!

Comment

• Speaking of Live albums, I hope Mariah officially releases TOKYO DOME 1996 and 1998 !!!!

i willl be on the bathroom floor if we ger HD video and audio of Tokyo dome
                                        Last edited by SmartIsNewSexy; Fri August 7, 2020, 15:48.

Comment

• AYNAF ... one of Meemz' greatest songs in terms of vocal opportunities. Flowing melodies ripe for endless scatting variations and countermelodies. Plus the use of Mariah's very unique sounding gospel background choir - as unique as Phil Spector's Wall of Sound. The song is the highest quality Prime Mariah. Deserved to chart higher...

Comment

• Originally posted by AlmondBreeze View Post
                                            AYNAF ... one of Meemz' greatest songs in terms of vocal opportunities. Flowing melodies ripe for endless scatting variations and countermelodies. Plus the use of Mariah's very unique sounding gospel background choir - as unique as Phil Spector's Wall of Sound. The song is the highest quality Prime Mariah. Deserved to chart higher...
                                            A classic that should have hit #1 for sure. Truly one of her greatest works, and I love that she leaned into it on the remixes.

Comment

• Wow, they really sat on this one!

Comment

• | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

Working...
                                                X