No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am really anticipating Loverboy Firecracker version. For all the rest I am happy but this one for me will be a very interesting listening.
    ENJOY UKMIX Retro Charts Records! Chart Facts, Year-End charts, Records and more...

Comment

• People need to attach SOURCES and stop posting random screenshots to avoid meltdowns. Especially when it's a wikipedia screenshot.
      So ilearnedfromthebest, source?

Comment

• WaitYourTurn
        WaitYourTurn commented
        Editing a comment
        Congrats on becoming a mod!

• Hejira
        Hejira commented
        Editing a comment
        I'd rather listen to "Bionic". In the meantime I still didn't see a source.
        And stop using the comment section

• Originally posted by Leo View Post
      I am really anticipating Loverboy Firecracker version. For all the rest I am happy but this one for me will be a very interesting listening.
      I'm for this one too.

Comment

• Personally the Loverboy original version is so interesting for me to hear. I feel we have been waiting forever for it !!

Comment

• Omg same. The original Loverboy is one of my most anticipated. It’s gonna be a smash
          To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

Comment

• I also think Lauryns background comes in too early and should have hit at the first chorus. Personally I think it should have been left off completely until the part the sing together and maybe carry on during the last chorus
            To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthernMonkey View Post
              Omg same. The original Loverboy is one of my most anticipated. It’s gonna be a smash
              She should totally have released it as the first single from the Rarities lol. It would have gone number one on itunes worldwide!!

Comment

• Originally posted by InfoFromAus View Post

I honestly believe if she has found the full footage, she will release the video as I really don't think she would tease fans like that will the little snippet.

I would guess the footage is being cleaned and edited into a video perhaps. Maybe she's waiting for the final version.

That's what I get from the below:

Yes I’m pretty sure she meant the video is being remastered/edited. And she always said previously she’s working on it (the video) so it’s probably be out when it’s done

Comment

• Comment

• metal heads listen to Mariah. Her impact is unparalleled

Comment

• I wonder are Loverboy’s vocals are different.
                      Me. I am Itsawrap.

Comment

• Originally posted by itsawrap View Post
                        I wonder are Loverboy’s vocals are different.
                        From the small amount I’ve heard of the original the vocals are different, due to the melody, but the lyrics are very much the same.
                        "Maryann's saying cut the tape, cut the tape... KNIFE!"

Comment

• Beyonce´s Halo and Kelly Clarkson's Already Gone use the same melody and base and both were hits, but maybe not released at the exact same time. I wonder what would have happened if Mariah sticked to her original version despite the JloGate.
                          ENJOY UKMIX Retro Charts Records! Chart Facts, Year-End charts, Records and more...

Comment

• Funny story - when Mariah switched on the Christmas lights in London in 2009 during a promo round for MOAIA and Forever perfume, I submitted a question about her plans for her unreleased tracks which they asked her in a video Q&A. She looked so pissed, but answered “maybe” we’ll hear them one day. So getting this album 11 years later feels like an emotional full circle! We are such lucky lambs!

I don’t wanna sound ungrateful but I will say it would be a real shame if after this, there are STILL tracks with question marks over them. Skydiving and Imperfect would be the main ones given we’ve heard them, but also titles we’ve heard like Reach For The Sky, Kick Rocks, Panic In The City.

I am baffled when people talk about being underwhelmed or disappointed by STD - did people forget it’s a leftover???

It’s catchy and made my foot tap (yes I am 60), I really like the use of sample, but I agree the production is dodgy. Especially the awful fake strings at the beginning and in the background - I know they never bothered to add proper strings to the demo but Mariah deserves better than Yamaha sound #69, Jermaine.

Also, it’s time the naysayers resign themselves to the fact this will forever be referred to as

STD

Comment

• I wonder. Does MC30 continue this week?
                              I AM A GOD!

Comment

• If he woooooooooon’t!
                                #CAUTION

Comment

• Originally posted by MsWeiss View Post
                                  Oh Ben DEF has them, but he never speaks out (except for that cringe doc that Alison and Morgan participated in). He cashed in them coins and kept the trap shut, but damn do I wish he would give us access to HIS VAULT. Mariah clearly paid him enough during all the years that they stopped working together, so the least he could do is give her her demos

again, maybe I’m completely wrong and MC has EVERYTHING we could ever think of. And if she decides to keep some things closer to home? Works with me, just GIVE ME LULLABY OF BIRDLAND
                                  Someone could have stolen it, but Mariah may still have a copy of it, lol. I choose to believe that two things can be true. I think she was being shady toward the whomever it was.

Also, when has Ben kept his mouth shut? He still produces music, using the success of her first album as a credential, of course, and talks crap about to just about everyone with whom he becomes comfortable. He doesn't talk about her publicly - he'd have to return every dime she gave him during her Columbia years - but he definitely talks.

I've heard more than one aspiring artist parroting the same toxic lines about her after working with him (5 is the current tally).

Also, you're expecting a straight white man to do the decent thing (be fair with the woman who made him rich)? Now, sis...

Comment

• Originally posted by darnellabc View Post
                                    I wonder. Does MC30 continue this week?
                                    Yes, but my bet is that we won't get EPs anymore. Maybe this Friday surprise will be the catalog vinyls re-release.
                                    Reddit | r/MariahCarey: https://www.reddit.com/r/MariahCarey/
                                    Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/user/leoinavalon
                                    Instagram: https://instagram.com/leoavalon/

Comment

• The Butterfly EPs are next including:

The Roof
                                      Honey
                                      Butterfly
                                      My All
                                      Breakdown
                                      See latest news on Reports, Infractions & Bans
                                      See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Really enjoying MC being back on the socials! IMO, it really helped with Save The Day exposure.

Also this:

See latest news on Reports, Infractions & Bans
                                        See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Did she have to give Ben 1/2 her royalties for 7 years from just the debut or all her music?
                                          Me. I am Itsawrap.

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                                            The Butterfly EPs are next including:

The Roof
                                            Honey
                                            Butterfly
                                            My All
                                            Breakdown
                                            Yasss!!!
                                            Now we're talking.
                                            From this era onwards>>>>>>
                                            Just a DEVIANT, PERTURBED, DERANGED, MACABRE, MANIAC, LUNATIC, IRRATIONAL PSYCHO-TO-BE.

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                                              The Butterfly EPs are next including:

The Roof
                                              Honey
                                              Butterfly
                                              My All
                                              Breakdown
                                              It’s already confirmed ? Where did you get This info from?

Comment

• that's good, her entire singles collection on streaming media needed some tidying up, since they're were all over the place. I like the whole concept of putting all of the remixes of the specific single on one EP.

Comment

• Can the tracklists be found somewhere already?

Comment

Working...
                                                  X