X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by allygdale View Post
    ISB/Pure Imagination is life affirming

I’m craving a wonka bar
    Agreed! One of her best samples. Who else could think of that? NOBODY.
    To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

Comment

• I wish she'd done all the "latino trilogy" (My All, After Tonight and I Only Wanted) in Spanish. It would have been a cool vibe to have them all together and not just Mi Todo. It sounds so great that a few more Spanish language versions would have been a treat. I wonder how the decision not to do any more came about. She did a Spanish version of a song from three albums in a row (if you discount Merry Christmas), so she was kind of on a roll with it. Though '98/'99 coincides with a mini latin explosion (J-Lo, Ricky Martin, Christina, Enrique) and I wonder if she thought it would appear as if she were jumping on a bandwagon at that point. It would be cool to know.

Comment

• I never know this song has a Spanish version and Mariah is part of it lol

Comment

• I’m sorry but the spanish version of Open Arms is absolutely stunning.
          To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthernMonkey View Post
            I’m sorry but the spanish version of Open Arms is absolutely stunning.
            Why u sorry?

Comment

• Originally posted by mm2912 View Post

Why u sorry?
              lol just a figure of speech. Basically saying “it’s not up for discussion”.. lol

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthernMonkey View Post

lol just a figure of speech. Basically saying “it’s not up for discussion”.. lol
                For me the Spanish versions sounds more romantic than the original

Comment

• I agree. I absolutely adore El Amor Que So!
                  See latest news on Reports, Infractions & Bans
                  See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Is Mi Todo a semitone lower than My All?

Comment

• Originally posted by MayoAndMustard View Post
                      Is Mi Todo a semitone lower than My All?
                      It sounds lower but it sounds like it was digitally done

Comment

• This is the first time I’ve heard Heroe and El Amore Que Son. That voice...

Comment

• Originally posted by mm2912 View Post

It sounds lower but it sounds like it was digitally done
                          Ohhhh really? So it was recorded at the original key but modified afterwards? Wonder why though.

Comment

• I wonder if the EPs will continue past the Sony years?

I wonder if she’ll drop the Firecracker version of Loverboy around / what would have been Glitter week, just before the album??!!

Comment

• This latest batch of EPs remind me of being a pre-teen and teenager discovering the remixes on fan sites. Pre-YouTube, if you wanted to hear various remixes, that was the best way to hear them.

I don’t think Do You Know Where Going To was released in the U.S. so discovering it in the early 2000s was special for me.

Comment

Ohhhh really? So it was recorded at the original key but modified afterwards? Wonder why though.

No you can hear that her voice wasnt in great condition when she recorded ‘Mi Todo’ so it will have been brought down for the recording, not after.

Comment

Is Mi Todo a semitone lower than My All?
                                  Yes, and its not even the actual instrumental from My All but the track she used for performances in 1998. Her vocals are clearly from 98 as well.

Comment

• Oh, and by the way, Mariah and team if youre reading: plis get rid of the old EPs for I Still Believe, My All. My OCD cant tolerate having them on duplicate on Spotify.

I hope they combine all the singles into one EP esp on the TEOM era, where he have 3 different singles for just individual crappy DFAU dance mixes.

Comment

• Originally posted by GlenMarley View Post
                                      Oh, and by the way, Mariah and team if youre reading: plis get rid of the old EPs for I Still Believe, My All. My OCD cant tolerate having them on duplicate on Spotify.

I hope they combine all the singles into one EP esp on the TEOM era, where he have 3 different singles for just individual crappy DFAU dance mixes.
                                      I agree. It looks messy.
                                      http://marcokircher.com
                                      http://reverbnation.com/marcokircher/songs

My YT Channel!
                                      https://www.youtube.com/user/Cashiado
                                      IG: marco235

Comment

• Originally posted by firefly_86 View Post
                                        I wonder if the EPs will continue past the Sony years?

I wonder if she’ll drop the Firecracker version of Loverboy around / what would have been Glitter week, just before the album??!!
                                        Has it been confirmed that the original Loverboy will be in the track list?

Comment

• Originally posted by firefly_86 View Post
                                          I wonder if the EPs will continue past the Sony years?

not sure if they will be EPs per say, but based on the MC30 teaser video, all eras will be represented.

Comment

• The Beat in Mi Todo -Version Mi Fiesta is just sick. Can't stop streaming it

Comment

• My bad
                                              Last edited by Chrguy606; Fri September 4, 2020, 18:32.

Comment

• My bad
                                                Last edited by Chrguy606; Sat September 5, 2020, 00:44.

Comment

• Originally posted by sm3 View Post

Has it been confirmed that the original Loverboy will be in the track list?
                                                  Not “officially” but when the listing of the composers of each track were leaked, it showed a track by Mariah and the guy who wrote “Firecracker”, sooooo.........\_(ツ)_/

Comment

• I wish Mariah would record more songs in Spanish!

im surprised she hasn't recorded We Belong Together in Spanish

Though, i dont know how the bobby womack/Babyface translation would sound

i would like to see whenever you call, i still believe, can't let go, I'll be there in spanish
                                                    Last edited by SmartIsNewSexy; Fri September 4, 2020, 17:56.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X