Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by banksy View Post

I’m a little disappointed that she didn’t say anything about her feature on Every Time I Close My Eyes when it was Daydream’s turn. I’m really interested to learn why she wasn’t in the video despite being on the song.
    Because I guess it won't matter even if she was in the song. As far as I remember, being featured on that era won't give you the same credit as the main artist (e.g. Take A Bow by Madonna where Babyfaces vocals can be heard in the background). It was on the early 2000 I think that the rules changed because songs with featured artists started to become a trend.
    A place in time still belongs to us...

Comment

• Originally posted by carey18ph View Post

Because I guess it won't matter even if she was in the song. As far as I remember, being featured on that era won't give you the same credit as the main artist (e.g. Take A Bow by Madonna where Babyfaces vocals can be heard in the background). It was on the early 2000 I think that the rules changed because songs with featured artists started to become a trend.
      I read an article a couple months ago that spoke about when an artist is “bumped” to featured status or to a duet status how that has different financial and cost sharing implications for labels. I am guessing the same for royalties and the like. I am wondering if this is also the case here.

But I also think Mariah *loves* doing BGV. I remember her telling Suss One that she likes when the pressure isnt fully on her or something like that.
      See latest news on Reports, Infractions & Bans
      See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Omg she referenced the "On the bathroom floor" moment on Twitter ​​​​​​
        Ugh, her mind

Last edited by SawyerHewitt; Sun September 6, 2020, 13:36.
        Just a DEVIANT, PERTURBED, DERANGED, MACABRE, MANIAC, LUNATIC, IRRATIONAL PSYCHO-TO-BE.

Comment

• Hi all, sorry for the shameless promo but I'm doing the UKMIX Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums of the 2000s Countdown and there's still some time left to vote. Please click here or the banner below to participate if you're interested. Thanks!

Comment

• Repitiion - but she knows ‘on the bathroom floor’... what the hell! Haha

Comment

• We did it! Thanks to Tomer_MC for joining the weekly UKMIX top 5 and be part of making Mariah #1 on the UKMIX chart:

https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...8#post10460351
              My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• Britney Spears Janet Jackson Christina Aguilera Michael Jackson Selena Gomez Hilary Duff Taylor Swift Justin Timberlake

Comment

• I love those pictures! The Sing Sing one is a serve
                  #CAUTION

Comment

• This might be a dumb question, is the anytime you need a friend stringapella different vocals?
                    Me. I am Itsawrap.

Comment

• I know it’s out of Mariah’s hands, but I would have LOVED if we got the Ultimate Albums: Butterfly episode for MC30. I was so disappointed when the release was canceled. The leaked clip of Close My Eyes that is in YouTube is everything and the episode would coincide nicely with the memoirs imo.

Comment

• Originally posted by itsawrap View Post
                        This might be a dumb question, is the anytime you need a friend stringapella different vocals?
                        It's different to the album version, but the same as the Soul Convention Remix.
                        My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• Originally posted by WaitYourTurn View Post
                          Repitiion - but she knows ‘on the bathroom floor’... what the hell! Haha

Comment

• Originally posted by jr588 View Post
                            I know it’s out of Mariah’s hands, but I would have LOVED if we got the Ultimate Albums: Butterfly episode for MC30. I was so disappointed when the release was canceled. The leaked clip of Close My Eyes that is in YouTube is everything and the episode would coincide nicely with the memoirs imo.
                            I couldn't find this link to Close My Eyes. Do you mind to share?
                            Reddit | r/MariahCarey: https://www.reddit.com/r/MariahCarey/
                            Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/user/leoinavalon
                            Instagram: https://instagram.com/leoavalon/

Comment

• Originally posted by leoavalon View Post

I couldn't find this link to Close My Eyes. Do you mind to share?
                              https://youtu.be/X4G3O6kYuqY

Comment

• WTF MARIAH! Where’s ISB remastered video !!??
                                Last edited by mm2912; Mon September 7, 2020, 02:28.

Comment

• Originally posted by mm2912 View Post
                                  WTF MARIAH! Queres ISB remastered video !!??
                                  It’s from 1998, which means it probably doesn’t exist on film but in digital format that can’t be “remastered” since the source material itself is low quality
                                  #CAUTION

Comment

• Originally posted by allygdale View Post

It’s from 1998, which means it probably doesn’t exist on film but in digital format that can’t be “remastered” since the source material itself is low quality
                                    So what? Someday was uploaded remastered and it’s from 8 prior And every music video each era from there. What’s your point ?

Comment

So what? Someday was uploaded remastered and it’s from 8 prior And every music video each era from there. What’s your point ?
                                      It was recorded on film, so you can go back to the film and digitize it at 1080p

Sweetheart was probably recorded on some memory chip at 480p, the resolution we already have
                                      #CAUTION

Comment

• Originally posted by allygdale View Post

It was recorded on film, so you can go back to the film and digitize it at 1080p

Sweetheart was probably recorded on some memory chip at 480p, the resolution we already have
                                        I’m not sure where you’re trying to get, I just saying she didn’t update the music videos in 1080p this week for some reason even tho people said on Apple Music they already updated but not on YouTube

Comment

I’m not sure where you’re trying to get, I just saying she didn’t update the music videos in 1080p this week for some reason even tho people said on Apple Music they already updated but not on YouTube
                                          Some formats can be upscaled for example VHS, we’ve seen a lot of 80’s videos coming back in 4K. But if the videos were not recorded in certain formats that can be upscaled then it will stay the same forever.

Comment

• Some fans think this Tommy post is about Mariah's book. I am not entirely convinced, but it is somewhat cryptic anyways:

See latest news on Reports, Infractions & Bans
                                            See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• She is absolutely going to slay Lullaby of Birdland. You can tell she loves the song.

Comment

• Lately, i've been watching "The Hollywood Reporter Roundtable" segment and i perosnally would love to see Mariah be part of that informative talk with songwriters/prodcuers. I have only seen one video of it wherein musicians are the panel. I think it would go great with the launch of the book and album.

Comment

• What do you think the memoir would be like if it came out while she was with Stella??

With the four parts, I'm worried that parts 2 and 3 will cover the first 10-12 years of her career, and then the Emancipation part will have the next almost 20 years crammed in.

Comment

• Originally posted by MsWeiss View Post
                                                    She is absolutely going to slay Lullaby of Birdland. You can tell she loves the song.
                                                    i think this was the best moment in the MIAM tour:

https://youtu.be/56G_y1FY8Yg
                                                    Reddit | r/MariahCarey: https://www.reddit.com/r/MariahCarey/
                                                    Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/user/leoinavalon
                                                    Instagram: https://instagram.com/leoavalon/

Comment

Working...
                                                    X