No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mariah is going to leave all the lambily broke before Christmas so she better don't release anything else this year
    http://oi42.tinypic.com/2m3lnpv.jpg

Follow me on LastFM: http://www.lastfm.es/user/S-Yair

www.instagram.com/sebastiansuaid/

Comment

• Originally posted by SawyerHewitt View Post

They certainly did.
      I wanted that gold edition as well.
      But the shipping costs, no ma'am.
      Yep, it's very expensive, but I really wanted that.
      Once #MC30, The Rarities & The Meaning of Mariah Carey will be done/out, I won't buy anything for a couple of weeks lol
      #mariahcarey #lambforlife

Comment

• I'm curious to see whether The Rarities will reignite some interest from those fans who may have loved her in the 90s but have distance themselves from her more recent works.

I remember when TEOM came out there was a sense of nostalgia and rediscovery of Mariah....hoping it happens here again.

Comment

• Originally posted by allygdale View Post

Yes, they said the lyrics she had framed that were shown on Oprah matched and that it was Motown, and the old unauthorized biography also described it as Motown

I wish I understood
          Why I can’t get over you at all
          You push me to the side
          But I always come running when you call (omg BabyRiah loved Prince)
          You step outside my life
          And then you leave me waiting for a sign
          And then you come around
          Give me your apologies and I don’t mind

I mean hello, this song is already iconic, the lyrics are giving me Ain’t No Mountain High Enough Martin/Tammy, and MC’s past Motown endeavors IBT, Your Girl, and #B, and AIWFCIY, are some of the best of her career, the warmth and happiness they exude, the instant classic they exude, the praise they receive, woo chile

This was the song that made MC say, yes, I can make some hits with this man Ben Marguiles

#HereWeGoRoundAgain #ReleaseTheBeast #20, singles ain’t do ish after an album is out #WeJustCantLetTheFirePassUsBy #ForeverWe’dBothRegret
          Ain’t nothing to be scared about on 9-11, and if she is scared, then put it out on 9-10, I swear y’all are about to see her power if she releases a Motown-influenced uptempo from 1990, dat ish has the same vocals that captivated the world

Imagine if Apple features it on their Hot Tracks and New Music playlists

MELISSA should also tell Columbia to go ahead and send it to Mainstream and Crossover and Urban and AC radio, even if it doesn’t have an adds date, they will still be able to PLAY it, something they could not do with Save The Day because they were never sent it

Columbia actually slays at radio promo, a million times better than Epic, she should be talking to that team since this is a Columbia release
          Last edited by allygdale; Wed September 9, 2020, 22:36.
          #CAUTION

Comment

• Have u seen this video? whoever did it, bravo! Mariah, Celine & Whitney really dominated the charts in the 90's, especially Mariah! such good times
            #mariahcarey #lambforlife

Comment

• Originally posted by skylynx View Post
              I'm curious to see whether The Rarities will reignite some interest from those fans who may have loved her in the 90s but have distance themselves from her more recent works.

I remember when TEOM came out there was a sense of nostalgia and rediscovery of Mariah....hoping it happens here again.
              Yes, especially if she gets “Here We Go Round Again” and the other most commercial song out there before the album release, dem vocals will have locals bandwagoning like it’s Christmas, I mean, you can feel the buzz around her like Christmas is approaching next month
              #CAUTION

Comment

• i really want the UO exclusive Rainbow vinyl but kinda annoying that you dont get a choice of the colour of the vinyl and its random? like so annoying... wish they just did a vinyl that was rainbow themed in itself not just multiple single colours chosen at random

Comment

• I cant wait hearing Loverboy firecracker. Will it sound like Jlo's Im Real?
                  For sure, someone will make the a mash-up

And it cases it charts on any Billboard, will it count as Loverboy re entry or as different song?
                  Last edited by leoapp; Wed September 9, 2020, 23:44.

Comment

• Interesting that “Slipping Away” is 96 but we know it was recorded in 93, 94, or 95 like the rest of Daydream

I include 93 because some of Daydream was done by then, there was an “Always Be My Baby” clip playing in some official vid of hers from 93

On the same note, I wonder if All I Live For (93) was for Music Box or Daydream, and if Can You Hear Me was for Rainbow or Glitter

One Night is 1995, but as stated above, ABMB and possibly even Long Ago were recorded along with Never Forget You remix , so was One Night for Daydream or Butterfly? I can’t believe JD’s senile ass don’t remember it

Cool On You says 2007, which means it was for E=MC2, and writers leave no room for doubt, so for that one she lists year of recording instead of when the album came out

I just want to know the eras, the only one we don’t get is Memoirs (09), instead we get Mesmerized from Paperboy, I remember someone describing it as very understated vocally
                    #CAUTION

Comment

• Originally posted by leoapp View Post
                      I cant wait hearing Loverboy firecracker. Will it sound like Jlo's Im Real?
                      For sure, someone will make the a mash-up

And it cases it charts on any Billboard, will it count as Loverboy re entry or as different song?
                      No it’s more uptempo and 80s

You can hear a clip in the Glitter trailer, at 18 seconds

#CAUTION

Comment

• I don't understand why she didn't splurge and just release everything in the vault, like why pick and choose and also why include stuff on the first disc that isn't technically "never heard before 2020". Like I could honestly do without slipping away, do you think of me, etc because I already have those songs. It will of course be nice to hear them remastered with iTunes clarity on my Audiotechnica M50 headphones, but like she could've included Crave, Kick Rocks, Yours (with Justin Timberlake), Weakness of the Body, Crystal Ball (feat. Lauryn Hill), Imperfect, They Don't Know Me, Friends, Misty Moon, and probably countless unreleased Hoodriah bops/club anthems from the last 20 years. Like anything that was recorded in full and then cut from whatever album, I can sort of understand if a song was actually not finished. Still grateful though but damn. Like there literally could've been a Disc 2 full of additional rarities rather than the Tokyo dome concert which I can just find on YouTube. I guess she does always leave us wanting more which is an important thing for an artist to do as well.
                        Last edited by ReubenWalton; Thu September 10, 2020, 01:44.

Comment

• I'm really excited for Loverboy (Original Version) and Out Here on My Own.

Comment

• Tomorrow...Another day....September 11....World Trade Center...Glitter....A tragedy that changed the world. A soundtrack overshadowed...Home Alone 2. the movie...forever be tied in with the twin tower. #NeverForget #Glitter #HomeAlone2 #Streaming

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post

Yes, I love the Cameo part. Hard to imagine the version we are getting can be better.
                              Yeah, I'm sure the vocals were fire. She honestly sounds exhausted with the final version (deadline and stress).

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post
                                Oh forgot to mention that I can't wait to hear the original version of Loverboy. I think it should be released one week before the album with a video and sent to radio. I legit think it has as much chance of charting as anything else. PLus it would def create some buzz for the album.
                                True. Everyone will surely be talking about it as the "STOLEN" song. C'mon Ma, we need a steamy part 2 vid and release it on the radio.

Comment

• I trust Mariah’s judgment, I think if something didn’t make The Rarities, it is probably not good

Maybe one day we will get Skydiving and Imperfect
                                  #CAUTION

Comment

• What if Mariah's gonna release Loverboy (Original Version) on Sep 11? And besides that's a Friday. Hmmm..

Comment

• Originally posted by allygdale View Post
                                      Interesting that “Slipping Away” is 96 but we know it was recorded in 93, 94, or 95 like the rest of Daydream

I include 93 because some of Daydream was done by then, there was an “Always Be My Baby” clip playing in some official vid of hers from 93

One Night is 1995, but as stated above, ABMB and possibly even Long Ago were recorded along with Never Forget You remix , so was One Night for Daydream or Butterfly? I can’t believe JD’s senile ass don’t remember it
                                      I think the ABMB clip is from the rehearsal for St John the Divine performance in 1994, so potentially Slipping Away is from around then, or early 1995.
                                      But I think it's because the song was 'released' in 1996 as B-Side that it is dated as such.

Are you sure about Long Ago? On the CD booklet it is dated 1995.

MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• Originally posted by dancamz View Post
                                        i really want the UO exclusive Rainbow vinyl but kinda annoying that you dont get a choice of the colour of the vinyl and its random? like so annoying... wish they just did a vinyl that was rainbow themed in itself not just multiple single colours chosen at random
                                        I really wanted a rainbow-colored vinyl too! I ordered the UO cause I just have to. I do wish they just did the purple one, and I hope that's the random one I get.

Comment

• There was a bug on Apple Music and some people could hear the whole rarities album. I heard some songs. Can you hear me is divine, the voice! HWGAA is very jackswing, I pray is beautiful, mesmerized I’m disappointed sounds like a mess, all I live for and all night is upbeat R&B, I got goosebumps hearing out here on my own

Comment

• Originally posted by mm2912 View Post
                                            There was a bug on Apple Music and some people could hear the whole rarities album. I heard some songs. Can you hear me is divine, the voice! HWGAA is very jackswing, I pray is beautiful, mesmerized I’m disappointed sounds like a mess, all I live for and all night is upbeat R&B, I got goosebumps hearing out here on my own
                                            ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!! I'm so jealous. Sloppy of Apple Music.

Comment

There was a bug on Apple Music and some people could hear the whole rarities album. I heard some songs. Can you hear me is divine, the voice! HWGAA is very jackswing, I pray is beautiful, mesmerized I’m disappointed sounds like a mess, all I live for and all night is upbeat R&B, I got goosebumps hearing out here on my own
                                              Omg!

is OUT HERE ON MY OWN sung in rainbow vocals or Glitter vocals?
                                              Is it better than the original?

Comment

Let’s see the receipts, I don’t think you’ve heard ish

Aint a single person mentioned it on Twitter

No one on FOMM

I been on it all day as the tracks updated and there was no such bug for me
                                                Last edited by allygdale; Thu September 10, 2020, 05:51.
                                                #CAUTION

Comment

• Originally posted by SmartIsNewSexy View Post

Omg!

is OUT HERE ON MY OWN sung in rainbow vocals or Glitter vocals?
                                                  Is it better than the original?
                                                  I’d keep expectations low on that one. It’s really hard to top Irene Cara’s delivery of this song. Maybe if 1990 Mariah recorded it...

Comment

• Originally posted by Mckenry View Post

True. Everyone will surely be talking about it as the "STOLEN" song. C'mon Ma, we need a steamy part 2 vid and release it on the radio.
                                                    And she and JLo drop a duet video of the song. YouTube will be down for a week...

Comment

Working...
                                                    X