X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changed my avi, love this photo.
    MARIAH

Comment

• Oh and “Mesmeized” is a disco song, serious Donna Summer vibes with a slice of bossa nova

Imagine if Meteorite Q-Tip mix found There Goes My Heart I guess, or just a disco song on CB

Tell me that you want it, you want it, you want it, you want it!

Very sexy, Shaka would love

I will edit and add

FlyButter tried to end my description but I wrote my notes down for y’all you bish!
      Last edited by allygdale; Fri September 11, 2020, 23:45.
      #CAUTION

Comment

• Originally posted by allygdale View Post
        Oh my god, let me compose myself

I was streamed songs

The intro to One Night is tonal heaven, hello EnVogue, like UTS belting tone, “you gotta give me something sacred, more than merely physical” with dem phucken glorious Daydream harmonies, serving AYNAF Morales Club Mix intro but better, then it goes into the verse which actually is very Secret Love but with a belted harmony, she talks about a man on a Saturday evening who finds her body appealing and hits her with his favorite line, he looks her over

Out Here On My Own, the end, I have honestly never heard this full tone from her on an album, it gives me CB tour VOL Zurich, extremely full bodied, rich, mid-low singing, like Against All Odds climax but more clear and lower pitch

All I Live For is cute, the bg singers mostly do the chorus, short high note, vocals very I’ve Been Thinking but with TEOM dry reverb, you are everything I adore, all I live for, sounds like she did some adlib in 2020

HERE WE GO ROUND AGAIN is a freaking slay, the verses are very Emotions, this will be all y’all fav, middle 8 very Supremes, first you leave me! Then you leave me waiting around till you come back again (hey yay yay!) SGSHW

I Pray is very “Circles” vocally, she doesn’t sing it like Paul, gorgeous

Loverboy, the sample is a bit too loud, the chorus is belted and layered! This version has more of a I Didn’t Mean To Turn You On vibe, some of y’all will prefer the original, this one sounds more “radio,” you can hear every word she is singing very clearly the first time, I adore how she lets the “baby ALL NIGHT LONG” part of the chorus glide

Can You Hear Me is beautiful, very simple with the same keyboard piano on all of Emotions, can you hear me? Can you hear me? Don’t let our love fade away, vocals are CLG beltingish but reverb more dry and TEOM

Cool On You is HOT TAMALE! You ain’t no damn VIP!
        Mesmerized is disco! Giving me Donna Summer meets bossa nova, verses are CB-esque, chorus has a drone note
        What a great review. I’m even more excited now. Thanks

Comment

• allygdale you heard the whole songs? can you share even privately?

Comment

• Ally, you’ve got me so excited for Here We Go Around Again!!!!! I’m already picturing it
            did you hear Lullaby of Birdland? Have we already heard the performance?

Comment

• Something to keep in mind... Mariah's doing a video during the pandemic.
              I wouldn't be surprised if all who worked on the video with her had to be tested etc. on top of all the other complexities that come during this time. I don't think she would have had the resources or time to do something bigger or more complex. Especially with how careful Mariah has been.

The other thing to remember is that during a recent interview Mariah suggested that it would have been great if Save The Day was played at the Democratic Convention, then kinda shrugged. I think Mariah may have tried to work something out with the convention but obviously nothing happened. I don't think she just sat on the song for weeks for no reason.

I think she really wants the song tied to something bigger... she clearly likes it as she's posting clips of her singing/dancing to it.
              The US Open opportunity happened and that's that.

I think banksy makes a good point - it may be tied to what players are saying about BLM, but also note they are all female players featured. Maybe there are multiple angles.

Maybe it was thought Serena could make the final?
              MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

Oh my god, let me compose myself

I was streamed songs

The intro to One Night is tonal heaven, hello EnVogue, like UTS belting tone, “you gotta give me something sacred, more than merely physical” with dem phucken glorious Daydream harmonies, serving AYNAF Morales Club Mix intro but better, then it goes into the verse which actually is very Secret Love but with a belted harmony, she talks about a man on a Saturday evening who finds her body appealing and hits her with his favorite line, he looks her over

Out Here On My Own, the end, I have honestly never heard this full tone from her on an album, it gives me CB tour VOL Zurich, extremely full bodied, rich, mid-low singing, like Against All Odds climax but more clear and lower pitch

All I Live For is cute, the bg singers mostly do the chorus, short high note, vocals very I’ve Been Thinking but with TEOM dry reverb, you are everything I adore, all I live for, sounds like she did some adlib in 2020

HERE WE GO ROUND AGAIN is a freaking slay, the verses are very Emotions, this will be all y’all fav, middle 8 very Supremes, first you leave me! Then you leave me waiting around till you come back again (hey yay yay!) SGSHW

I Pray is very “Circles” vocally, she doesn’t sing it like Paul, gorgeous

Loverboy, the sample is a bit too loud, the chorus is belted and layered! This version has more of a I Didn’t Mean To Turn You On vibe, some of y’all will prefer the original, this one sounds more “radio,” you can hear every word she is singing very clearly the first time, I adore how she lets the “baby ALL NIGHT LONG” part of the chorus glide

Can You Hear Me is beautiful, very simple with the same keyboard piano on all of Emotions, can you hear me? Can you hear me? Don’t let our love fade away, vocals are CLG beltingish but reverb more dry and TEOM

Cool On You is HOT TAMALE! You ain’t no damn VIP!
                Mesmerized is disco! Giving me Donna Summer meets bossa nova, 70s disco uptempo bish, verses are CB-esque, chorus has a drone note and MC singing “tell me that you want it! You want it! You want it!”
                How? Did the album leak?

Comment

• I think we have to accept that Mariah will always make touch-my-self music video, without real storyline. Even for a powerful anthem song. She's been doing it since HATEU...
                  Since that, her only good videos were only UOMF, Triumphant and All I Want For Xmas.

Comment

• What’s the point of posting about the songs if y’all are just keeping it to yourself.

Comment

• Originally posted by MsWeiss View Post
                      Ally, you’ve got me so excited for Here We Go Around Again!!!!! I’m already picturing it
                      did you hear Lullaby of Birdland? Have we already heard the performance?
                      I haven’t heard it or Close My Eyes, and only heard half of Loverboy Firecracker and Out Here On My Own

I think you will like Mesmerized too!

It’s sure as hell not like dem other Lee Daniels song, I was not expecting a sexy uptempo groove! Kaloki may like it too

That and HWGAA for sure

Northern will love Can You Hear Me

Sawyer, this is a very pop album but I think you will like Slipping Away, Cool On You, and All Night
                      #CAUTION

Comment

• Originally posted by jeejust View Post
                        What’s the point of posting about the songs if y’all are just keeping it to yourself.
                        I was played it over FaceTime
                        #CAUTION

Comment

Last edited by dancamz; Sat September 12, 2020, 09:28.

Comment

• Originally posted by leoapp View Post
                            I think we have to accept that Mariah will always make touch-my-self music video, without real storyline.
                            Well she warned us. She did say "touch my body"... and she did.

MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• Jacob I have a feeling the Lullaby performance is probably the same one from that professionally recorded Thirsty intro
                              #CAUTION

Comment

• Originally posted by InfoFromAus View Post
                                Something to keep in mind... Mariah's doing a video during the pandemic.
                                I wouldn't be surprised if all who worked on the video with her had to be tested etc. on top of all the other complexities that come during this time. I don't think she would have had the resources or time to do something bigger or more complex. Especially with how careful Mariah has been.

The other thing to remember is that during a recent interview Mariah suggested that it would have been great if Save The Day was played at the Democratic Convention, then kinda shrugged. I think Mariah may have tried to work something out with the convention but obviously nothing happened. I don't think she just sat on the song for weeks for no reason.

I think she really wants the song tied to something bigger... she clearly likes it as she's posting clips of her singing/dancing to it.
                                The US Open opportunity happened and that's that.

I think banksy makes a good point - it may be tied to what players are saying about BLM, but also note they are all female players featured. Maybe there are multiple angles.

Maybe it was thought Serena could make the final?

It doesn't have to be that complicated of a setting for it to be tasteful or suit the theme of the song.

Delete the car, it adds nothing to the song.

A simple stage with some atmospheric lighting or smoke would add some drama. Use the fountain as the main backdrop or perhaps even film inside tennis court if this is specific to the US Open.

A song like this you need to be standing not sitting down on a couch or car seat.

Simplify the movements, use a microphone stand even to ground yourself if you can't control yourself

And for heavens sake, sort out the wardrobe. This dress with openings and strands just screams tackiness. This is a sporting event, dress casually with a modern edge. Or if you want a dress, go for something shorter and simplier (the one in the video really ages her).

Here's hoping tomorrow's video surprises. More tennis players and US open stadium scenes and less Mariah to reduce the cringe-worthiness.

BTW in the clips there were some scenes of her fingers (with her in shadow) waving to images of tennis players, it's so weird....hopefully that's just a behind the scenes shot and not the final edited part of the video in syncopation of with the song.
                                Last edited by skylynx; Sat September 12, 2020, 00:37.

Comment

I haven’t heard it or Close My Eyes, and only heard half of Loverboy Firecracker and Out Here On My Own

I think you will like Mesmerized too!

It’s sure as hell not like dem other Lee Daniels song, I was not expecting a sexy uptempo groove! Kaloki may like it too

That and HWGAA for sure

Northern will love Can You Hear Me

Sawyer, this is a very pop album but I think you will like Slipping Away, Cool On You, and All Night

can you send me them please
                                  Me. I am Itsawrap.

Comment

• Oh my god, the meltdowns over behind the scenes shots from a music video shoot, sheesh

I saw someone on FOMM posted a close up of her face with heavy stage makeup on and claimed Photoshop, but it’s literally just make up, if she gets flack for this video, it is only because of people like y’all with mommy issues who probably look an actual mess in real life, calm down
                                    Last edited by allygdale; Sat September 12, 2020, 00:44.
                                    #CAUTION

Comment

• Originally posted by itsawrap View Post

can you send me them please
                                      I don’t have anything to send
                                      #CAUTION

Comment

• Baby it's all in your mind

Give me that alternate vocal Mimi

Can't wait for the rarities.
                                        Last edited by InFamous; Sat September 12, 2020, 02:31.

Comment

Oh my god, the meltdowns over behind the scenes shots from a music video shoot, sheesh

I saw someone on FOMM posted a close up of her face with heavy stage makeup on and claimed Photoshop, but it’s literally just make up, if she gets flack for this video, it is only because of people like y’all with mommy issues who probably look an actual mess in real life, calm down
                                          They literally crawled out from under the floorboards to complain about a partial clip. Not the full video, just part of it. Meanwhile, they were happy

Some of you really don’t deserve her.

Comment

• allygdale you have too much luck. Congrats.

Comment

• Thank you so much for your descriptions, Ally. They’re playing vividly in my mind, and with a few of these super-short snippets, I’m more than good to make it through the next 3 weeks to the album/memoir release!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by InfoFromAus View Post

Well she warned us. She did say "touch my body"... and she did.
                                                Ironic that Touch My Body was her last great video (non Xmas).
                                                Obsessed was okay, although too much touch-my-hairdryer scenes.

Comment

• Ooh boy, I cant wait for this. I havent heard any snippet other than OHOMO (what an acronym) - wasn’t truly impressed though. I trust most of your positive comments on what you’ve heard.

Comment

• ^ Really?

I appreciate the effort that went into Obsessed... that it was filmed in multiple locations, and outside, the makeup involved, the extras. A lot went into it and it was very entertaining. It really helped the song in fact.
                                                    Up Out My Face was also great as a concept.

#B and Caution videos were decent; beautiful if a little simple but not on the same level as those before.
                                                    Last edited by InfoFromAus; Sat September 12, 2020, 02:39.
                                                    MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

Working...
                                                    X