No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ben Margulies was so dumb...he could've kept working with Mariah during her most lucrative years...but I will say he is probably my favourite co-writer with Mariah - his rock/pop counterpart sound was perfect for Mariah's rnb/pop sound...his Robert "Mutt" Lange to Mariah's Shania-ness.

Comment

• I hate to break it to y’all but she’s not going to release a track that was recorded 30 years ago to radio. It’s just not gonna happen. This is a Rarities album - for the lambs. She’s not looking to score a chart hit - it’s a release for the fans to coincide with her memoir and hold us over till MC16 comes out next year.

Everyone Is complaining about why STD was released as the “single.” Other than the obvious which people have stated (BLM/social movement) with today’s current events, it’s the only song on the album that she recorded and finished this year - hence the 2020 next to it. All of the other tracks were recorded years ago.

Comment

• This link for ESPN seems to be working, but 2 minutes or so behind. The video should be on within the next 10min if it plays at the top of the hour:

http://freestreams-live1.com/espn-us/
        See latest news on Reports, Infractions & Bans
        See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Originally posted by jr588 View Post
          I hate to break it to y’all but she’s not going to release a track that was recorded 30 years ago to radio. It’s just not gonna happen. This is a Rarities album - for the lambs. She’s not looking to score a chart hit - it’s a release for the fans to coincide with her memoir and hold us over till MC16 comes out next year.

Everyone Is complaining about why STD was released as the “single.” Other than the obvious which people have stated (BLM/social movement) with today’s current events, it’s the only song on the album that she recorded and finished this year - hence the 2020 next to it. All of the other tracks were recorded years ago.
          You’re probably right but the music industry has become a reactive market. If the public go wild for a throwback song it could get released. The fact that AIWFCIY went to #1 after 25 years is unfathomable. Whitney/Kygo had a huge hit with an old song albeit remixed.
          "Maryann's saying cut the tape, cut the tape... KNIFE!"

Comment

• US Open live stream link anybody, please

Comment

• Mariah's on now

Comment

• Good news everyone - the video is not embarrassing, nor ultra-cheap like I Don't. In fact, it's generic, which is much better than a lot of people feared. So rejoice.

Comment

• See latest news on Reports, Infractions & Bans
                  See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Let’s call HWGAA what it is, perfection

Two zero if it gets what it deserves
                    #CAUTION

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                      This video can go in the budget bin with HATEU, IWTKWLI and 100%
                      "Maryann's saying cut the tape, cut the tape... KNIFE!"

Comment

• So glad the song got a video!
                        I’m so pumped for the memoirs and album! Hoping she does another surprise release of a Rarities song, preferably Here We Go Around Again... ONE MORE TIME (will it ever end)... WILL IT EVER EEEEEND!!!!!

Comment

• Snippets again (in case anyone who wants to, hasn't heard them).

Comment

• At least it didn't go lower than my already non existent expectation.

It could've been worse, at least she wasn't lying on her back. Wasted opportunity.

Comment

• Video was great, she looks snatched and pretty! We are lucky we even get a video, Im happy and look forward to the album

Comment

• One of her worst videos ever!
                                - visuals are unrelated to the song
                                - mariah putting her mask on at the end was cringe....
                                - the ensemble was a MESS
                                - the dancing was cheesy

Comment

• The tennis thing makes no sense to me. It's like the channel frequencies got scrambled every so often and tennis just randomly shows throughout the video.

Still love the song though !

Comment

• Originally posted by allygdale View Post

Yes, very short snippets of only “Here We Go,” “Can You Hear Me,” “Loverboy,” “All I Need,” “One Night,” and we don’t even get chorus except in “Here We Go” and “One Night”

”One Night” is opposite of what I imagine “The Crave song” is about but I love it lol
                                    Are they the same song?

Comment

• I enjoyed the video.The tennis part doesn't really make sense with the exception of the one Breonna Taylor clip and maybe a message about women's struggles within the sport, but oh well. She looked great and actually thought it was good if they just took the tennis aspect out of it. I liked the end with the mask too. A fan with some editing skills could easily take out the tennis scenes and splice in more meaningful footage of current social topics - would be cool. Anyways, I liked it and can't wait for the album and book!
                                      Last edited by syfyboy13; Sat September 12, 2020, 22:11.

Comment

• Originally posted by allygdale View Post
                                        I wonder if “Cool On You” is “Kick Rocks,” certainly has a break up vibe to it!

I wish we had chorus snippets, because the ones we have choruses for are blowing my mind, especially “One Night”
                                        I really hope so. Kick Rocks desperately needs to see the light of day!

Comment

• My friend texted me a pic of her in a mask from US Open video, so cute

HWGAA is just pure unadulterated joy

Thank God for Mariah Carey, she is always lifting our spirits
                                          Last edited by allygdale; Sat September 12, 2020, 22:08.
                                          #CAUTION

Comment

• Mariah looks FLAWLESS in the new video
                                            I AM A GOD!

Comment

• Release HWGRA along with a dance remix by Kygo..... Just to be safe, the music video can be kids miming the song like Kelis's millionaire.

Would be Mariah's biggest hit since Obsessed.

Comment

• If he won’t and she won’t, and they won’t... play tennis?!

Comment

• HWGRA is pure pop heaven! Mariah would have been much more popular in the UK earlier if this had been released here in 1990.
                                                  To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

Comment

• Mariah is so talented, her discards are other artists' #1 singles... I feel cheated...if HWGAA had been a single on the debut, we could've heard her singing it live all through the 90s, with Music Box and Daydream vocals...

Comment

Working...
                                                    X