No announcement yet.

Mariah Carey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Imagine HWGRA in concert! It’s literally one of her best uptempos!
    To avoid any upset, please note; anything I post is purely my opinion. If I feel it is a fact, I will state that I feel it is a fact. Lol.

Comment

• It has the best intro of any song from the Debut album...even better than the sci-fi of VOL. Motown would have been shook'th. Her headvoice in the intro rivalled Whitney's.

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post
        The tennis thing makes no sense to me. It's like the channel frequencies got scrambled every so often and tennis just randomly shows throughout the video.

Still love the song though !
        i love the tennis theme... however... I find it offensive that they are showing images of KIng, Evert and Navratilova, but not 8x finalist and 5x champion Steffi Graf. I was hoping for seeing my alltime fave 2 girls in the same video (Mariah and Steffi).

I could cry.
        My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthernMonkey View Post
          Imagine HWGRA in concert! It’s literally one of her best uptempos!
          It has a timeless sound, even though you can tell it’s not new it doesn’t sound dated or trite.

I honestly never thought Mariah could release “new” material that could better/contend with her previous work.
          "Maryann's saying cut the tape, cut the tape... KNIFE!"

Comment

• Originally posted by AlmondBreeze View Post
            Snippets again (in case anyone who wants to, hasn't heard them).

Gah ok since it was posted and so easily accessible, I caved in and finally listened to these snippets and all I can say is...wow. October 2nd cannot come soon enough.

So many of these (particularly 90s) are much better than tracks that made the album. Makes me wonder what Sony was thinking. this was back when Tommy was the EP of her albums and called the shots on what made the track list.

i will say since Charmy I do feel like almost all of her bonus tracks/b-sides were appropriate and that she picked the correct tracks to make the album (except 4real4real which is the shit).

Comment

• It was a bad video! How does playing a tennis game save the day? Why is Mariah crying? Why is she wearing that dress?

It's obvious the US Open paid for the video shoot on a very limited budget.

Well... at least the song was exposed to whoever is watching tennis today. Now let's hope the video stays on the US Open video page and doesn't get promoted via other channels.
              Last edited by Clown10; Sat September 12, 2020, 21:58.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlmondBreeze View Post
                Good news everyone - the video is not embarrassing, nor ultra-cheap like I Don't. In fact, it's generic, which is much better than a lot of people feared. So rejoice.
                I Don't was better.

Comment

• Save The Day is back on iTunes US at #474
                  #mariahcarey #lambforlife

Comment

• I am so happy HWGAA is getting its time to shine in 2020 sounding so pristine, alive, and timeless

In 1990, someone would have been hired to add 72 layers of 80s synthesizer strings, bells, and flutes, and it would have sounded like it was mastered in a pizza box

Now it’s giving us “instant classic,” as Jacob said, and we’re experiencing it in this euphoric full circle moment

Northern it will SLAY live
                    #CAUTION

Comment

• Ok I may be crazy, but “One Night” sounds like a mashup of the chorus of “Express Yourself” by Madonna (don’t go for second best baby) and “I Knew You Were Waiting” by Aretha and George Michael.

Comment

• That Vinyls clip Mariah posted is just so good.

I liked Here We Go from that little snippet, but now that we hear more, I can hear many more influences.
                        The background vocals are reminiscent of Motown, right?
                        MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• The players featured in the video are quite inspiring.

The first person we see is Althea Gibson, who in 1956 became the first African American to win a Grand Slam title (I had to look her up).

Also, the Williams sisters have long been inspirations for younger black players, and the overall representation in the video is really nice to see.

The video may have some cringe moments, but it's for a specific cause and Mariah is getting the chance to share her song, which I still really like.
                          Last edited by InfoFromAus; Sat September 12, 2020, 22:36.
                          MESMARIAHSING!

Comment

• The video isn’t even bad y’all bitches really do too much complaining. Remember she didn’t have to do ANY of this project but she’s doing it for you ungrateful hoes.

Comment

• I reckon we’ll get:
                              - Rainbow EPs on September 18th
                              - Heartbreaker Original Version on September 25th ( - to help plug the book with something juicy before it’s release)
                              - The Rarities on October 2nd

and then we’re done

Comment

• Originally posted by firefly_86 View Post
                                I reckon we’ll get:
                                - Rainbow EPs on September 18th
                                - Heartbreaker Original Version on September 25th ( - to help plug the book with something juicy before it’s release)
                                - The Rarities on October 2nd

and then we’re done
                                I’m guessing you mean loverboy, but no, based on her MC30 teaser video, all eras including IDJ are going to be celebrated.

Comment

• Originally posted by Clown10 View Post
                                  It was a bad video! How does playing a tennis game save the day? Why is Mariah crying? Why is she wearing that dress?

It's obvious the US Open paid for the video shoot on a very limited budget.

Well... at least the song was exposed to whoever is watching tennis today. Now let's hope the video stays on the US Open video page and doesn't get promoted via other channels.
                                  The weird thing is it was heard at the beginning and then we didn't really hear it again throughout the match.

In fact, that played more of that Aloe Blacc song in between commercial breaks.

Would've thought they at least played it more often at the beginning and the end of the match.

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post

i love the tennis theme... however... I find it offensive that they are showing images of KIng, Evert and Navratilova, but not 8x finalist and 5x champion Steffi Graf. I was hoping for seeing my alltime fave 2 girls in the same video (Mariah and Steffi).

I could cry.
                                    Steffi doesn't suit the narrative, they're obviously going for a "black"" an American slant.
                                    Last edited by skylynx; Sat September 12, 2020, 23:12.

Comment

• She could easily have a hit if she markets HWGAA properly. Since it's 2020 but the song was recorded in 1990 the theme of the album is throwbacks already so she could play off of this and shoot a clever video of herself doing a throwback to the late 60's on a Soul Train-type show dressed like the Motown era and playing all of the parts of a girl version of the Jackson 5. She could have celebrity cameos all over the place and it would be a hit... it's prime-era "new" Mariah vocals for crying out loud! I just pray that her team actually realizes the potential and wants to send this song to radio and shoot a decent video with replay-value. Also it would be a perfect opportunity for a celebrity remix to make it go viral. We might never get another opportunity like this!

Comment

• Originally posted by TheRealest View Post
                                        The video isn’t even bad y’all bitches really do too much complaining. Remember she didn’t have to do ANY of this project but she’s doing it for you ungrateful hoes.
                                        I would rather she keep this video, thankyou very much. It's not about being ungrateful it's about being normal and objective.

If she cares enough about the message of the song, and the concept of the video (or lack thereof) is the best they can do then frankly this video deserves to be bashed and put in the garbage bin.

Comment

• I don’t think fans have to be called ungrateful for wanting a decent production for a promotional video that’s of the standard that someone of Mariahs status deserves. (Of course if it’s constant complaints that’s annoying)

That being said minus the random tear and baffling tennis angle it’s not terrible, I mean I’d never watch it again but it’s not super embarrassing.

It’s just frustrating seeing how creative other artists have been during the Pandemic does she have a creative director these days? I just feel as a none fan watching Mariah in front of wind machine for 3+ minutes wouldn’t be interesting.

Comment

• Originally posted by skylynx View Post

Steffi doesn't suit the narrative, they're obviously going for a "black"" an American slant.
                                            yeah that is why last year's champion, Navratilova, Evert and Billie Jean King are in that video... I believe Azarenka was in it as well. The weird thing is that Mariah knows the Graf/Agassis personally.
                                            My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by Cyclone View Post
                                              She could easily have a hit if she markets HWGAA properly. Since it's 2020 but the song was recorded in 1990 the theme of the album is throwbacks already so she could play off of this and shoot a clever video of herself doing a throwback to the late 60's on a Soul Train-type show dressed like the Motown era and playing all of the parts of a girl version of the Jackson 5. She could have celebrity cameos all over the place and it would be a hit... it's prime-era "new" Mariah vocals for crying out loud! I just pray that her team actually realizes the potential and wants to send this song to radio and shoot a decent video with replay-value. Also it would be a perfect opportunity for a celebrity remix to make it go viral. We might never get another opportunity like this!
                                              One thing they still haven't got right (this US Open hot mess of a video aside) is the single choices. It has been a big problem ever since Touch My Body

She or her team play too safe with the single choices and seek to capture former glory when we all know that has failed many times. Why can't they just take a leap of faith.

Comment

• At this point suck it up or unstan.

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post

I could cry.
                                                  Monica Seles >>>>>> Graf

Comment

• Originally posted by TheRealest View Post
                                                    The video isn’t even bad y’all bitches really do too much complaining. Remember she didn’t have to do ANY of this project but she’s doing it for you ungrateful hoes.
                                                    you made me laugh

Comment

Working...
                                                    X